Mark Sanchez to visit

Alaskan Grizzly

I'm actually fine with it. Decent backup, but not starter material. Adding him would mean the Bears have three viable QBs on the roster, even if none would be the primary choice.

The bonus is his pickup would allow the Bears to really focus on other positions.

If they do sign him, cross QB off the first 3 rounds. They can bring in a late round prospect to compete with Shaw.

If they use signing Mark Sanchez as a reason not to draft a QB in the first three rounds, everyone should be fired immediately following round three of the draft.

Jake Dellhome took Carolina to the SB, so they may think they have enough with Glennon.

Damn, you used my own logic against me. You're absolutely right. Fox has done more with less; Delhomme being a prime example. And I think not all that long ago we had a discussion about how instead of drafting a QB Fox has managed to take other teams' QBs to the Super Bowl. Manning (Indy) and Delhomme (NO) being the respecting cases.

Drats. Not only will we probably not draft Watson but now we might have Sanchez on the team... ?

Did Fox and Sanchez cross paths in Denver?

If they use signing Mark Sanchez as a reason not to draft a QB in the first three rounds, everyone should be fired immediately following round three of the draft.

It's possible they simply don't like ANY of the QBs in the draft. If that's the case I have no problem going Glennon/Sanchez/Shaw. Ya don't just draft one to draft one.

That could definitely be the case.

Peace :dabears

I think if we sign Shanchez , it indicates they dont see any of the top 3 qbs as franchise players. I think we delegate one of the 4th rounders to pick a prospect. Three that could be there are Peterman, Kaaya, or Kelly. I think they view Sanchez as a vet presence to help the draft prospect and also Glennon to develop. Prescott has stated many times how much he helped him last year.

It's possible they simply don't like ANY of the QBs in the draft. If that's the case I have no problem going Glennon/Sanchez/Shaw. Ya don't just draft one to draft one.

If that is the case, I hope they have a plan in place to be in the running for a QB next year. Hard to hang a hat on having long term success with Glennon and Shaw.

If that is the case, I hope they have a plan in place to be in the running for a QB next year. Hard to hang a hat on having long term success with Glennon and Shaw.

All the more reason they need to draft a QB this year. (Besides I could've swore Pace once said he's of the opinion to draft a QB every year - but can't find it). As I've said before; we know what Sanchez can bring us - noting, we sorta know what Glennon will offer - a little more based on limited information, and we even know less about what Shaw will provide. Going into this season there are too many unknowns to not draft a QB. If one of the aforementioned fails (assuming Sanchez is signed) why wouldn't you want to at least evaluate what is there as a QB in the draft? What if we do just good enough this this season and aren't in a position to draft what the "experts" will deem Franchise QB material next year? Too many 'what ifs' in my book to settle on these three.

For what it's worth (nothing) I found this humorous article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosen...322-column.html