Lattimore

AZ54

I'm just curious why there is no discussion, or someone promoting Lattimore with the 3rd pick? He's clearly the top rated CB in this draft with a grade nearly as high as the top two safeties. Traditionally CB has higher value than Safety so it seems some among us would be on the soap box for him. Is it because of his hamstring injury history? Depth at the position in the draft? Or because we signed two FA CB so the need is a bit less? Most here agree with the idea of taking a CB in Rd 2.

Is Lattimore just not good enough to warrant the 3rd overall pick? If we trade back, at what point does he enter the discussion considering favorites here are largely Allen, Thomas, Adams, or Hooker? If any of those are still on the board are they the pick or when does Lattimore enter the discussion? 6th overall? 10th?

I'm just curious why there is no discussion, or someone promoting Lattimore with the 3rd pick? He's clearly the top rated CB in this draft with a grade nearly as high as the top two safeties. Traditionally CB has higher value than Safety so it seems some among us would be on the soap box for him. Is it because of his hamstring injury history? Depth at the position in the draft? Or because we signed two FA CB so the need is a bit less? Most here agree with the idea of taking a CB in Rd 2.

Is Lattimore just not good enough to warrant the 3rd overall pick? If we trade back, at what point does he enter the discussion considering favorites here are largely Allen, Thomas, Adams, or Hooker? If any of those are still on the board are they the pick or when does Lattimore enter the discussion? 6th overall? 10th?

Because...

1. Lattimore is only the clear cut top prospect because Sidney Jones got hurt, and still some teams have him behind Humphrey.

2. The Bears have Prince, Porter, Coop, Fuller, and to some extent Leblanc. CB at #3 is an extreme luxury for a team with much bigger holes to fill.

3. He was only a starter for one year. While his stats were pretty OK, lots of guys have had a single good season and later under-performed.

4. His INT #s last year are weak and semi-inflated. Three of the four were horrible throws, and less to do with his ability than the QBs poor decision.

4a. Tulsa - Tipped ball. Just lucky.

4b. Tulsa - QB threw an atrocious ball right to him and 5yds behind the WR.

4c. OU - Really bad throw to an absolutely blanketed WR. If you watch the video, Lattimore looks like the WR because he's got such superior inside position on the pass.

4d. Maryland - One of those Cutler to Martellus INTs where the receiver goes one way, the QB throws the other, and the only one standing there is the CB.

5. There are better players available. Garrett, Adams, Allen all have multiple stand-out seasons under their belts.

Bonus. And he's injury prone.

He has been mentioned and we definitely need a shut down corner no matter who we have on our roster. I thought he had some injury issues.

I think they are some better choices as a far as a turnover machine than Lattimore can provide.

Because...

1. Lattimore is only the clear cut top prospect because Sidney Jones got hurt, and still some teams have him behind Humphrey.

2. The Bears have Prince, Porter, Coop, Fuller, and to some extent Leblanc. CB at #3 is an extreme luxury for a team with much bigger holes to fill.

3. He was only a starter for one year. While his stats were pretty OK, lots of guys have had a single good season and later under-performed.

4. His INT #s last year are weak and semi-inflated. Three of the four were horrible throws, and less to do with his ability than the QBs poor decision.

4c. OU - Really bad throw to an absolutely blanketed WR. If you watch the video, Lattimore looks like the WR because he's got such superior inside position on the pass.

4d. Maryland - One of those Cutler to Martellus INTs where the receiver goes one way, the QB throws the other, and the only one standing there is the CB.

5. There are better players available. Garrett, Adams, Allen all have multiple stand-out seasons under their belts.

I agree. I've watched some game tape on him and he just doesn't stand out above the next 5-7 CBs that much. Add in the injury risk and any gap closes. Like Killa says...there still is some debate on who the top CB is.

Because...

^^^what Jason said^^^

^^^what Jason said^^^

I have heard several times now, that Hall and add Fuller will be tried at S. If that's the case then, I see us grabbing a SS (maybe Adams) or a later prospect. Fox stated yesterday on the best defense backfield is rushing the passer. So since CBs are deep, I see us waiting for one later, 3rd or 4th. So I seen one mock draft that had us grabbing Thomas/edge at 1 and Bolles/LT at 2 . That makes sense to me. I see a QB prospect, TE and CB in the following picks.