Scouting TEs

AZ54

He ran a 4.52 forty at the combine and it shows on the field where he is quick to get open and can threaten defenses deep down field. He is an aggressive inline blocker, not the strongest and often gets himself overextended. That's correctable and at least his heart is in it. I think there should be more talk about drafting him and I think he'd be a good fit in the role Miller plays in our offense.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-tight-en...inating-blocker

He has been on my list of guys I'd grab in the 4th/5th and I think he'll be good. He also comes from a program that has a pretty good history of developing TE's that go on to be solid pro's. I'd be surprised if Kittle isn't at the very least a very solid TE (who can both pass and catch the ball). I think he's a good fit for what the Bears do from a TE perspective (given the focus on running, they'll want a guy like Kittle who can help with blocking and also be able to leverage on routes...helps better disguise playcalling as well).

He ran a 4.52 forty at the combine and it shows on the field where he is quick to get open and can threaten defenses deep down field. He is an aggressive inline blocker, not the strongest and often gets himself overextended. That's correctable and at least his heart is in it. I think there should be more talk about drafting him and I think he'd be a good fit in the role Miller plays in our offense.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-tight-en...inating-blocker

I have been intrigued with him. Good article to build up support for taking him too. TE's usually go sneaky high, there are always a name or two taken round 3 that wasn't on my radar so I would think he goes round 3 or 4.

FWIW Mayock has him listed as the 5th best TE in this class. While most of the pundits see him as 4th/5th Rd Mayock's got him as a 3rd/4th Rd prospect. OTOH Mayock has Everett ahead of him and I prefer Kittle over Everett. I don't like Everett that much regardless.

FWIW Mayock has him listed as the 5th best TE in this class. While most of the pundits see him as 4th/5th Rd Mayock's got him as a 3rd/4th Rd prospect. OTOH Mayock has Everett ahead of him and I prefer Kittle over Everett. I don't like Everett that much regardless.

Not sure about Everett that high either but the experts have been saying this is a good TE draft. It may shake down like this.

Howard-rd1

Njoku-rd2

Engram-rd2

Butt-rd3

Everett-rd3

Kittle-rd3

Leggett-rd4 edit

Hodges-rd4

Not sure about Everett that high either but the experts have been saying this is a good TE draft. It may shake down like this.

Howard-rd1

Njoku-rd2

Engram-rd2

Everett-rd3

Kittle-rd3

Watson-rd4

Hodges-rd4

You left out Jordan Leggett. He's probably just after Engram.

Howard-rd1

Njoku-rd2

Engram-rd2

Everett-rd3

Kittle-rd3

Leggett-rd4 edit

Hodges-rd4

I don't see Jake Butte's name on your list also

Crap....missed him too, he is another 3rd

With the knee injury and likely to miss his entire rookie season? With this much TE talent in the draft I think teams will go elsewhere in Rd 3 knowing they can get help on the field this season and we'll see Butt on the board starting Day 3.

I put Watson down instead of Leggett, smh. I will edit

If that's the case, there is no way Leggett is rated below Kittle. Leggett is definitely higher.

I think this would be my ranking at the current moment.

Howard-rd1

Engram-rd2

Njoku-rd2

Leggett-rd3

Everett-rd3

Kittle-rd3

Hodges-rd4

If that's the case, there is no way Leggett is rated below Kittle. Leggett is definitely higher.

I think this would be my ranking at the current moment.

Howard-rd1

Engram-rd2

Njoku-rd2

Leggett-rd3

Everett-rd3

Kittle-rd3

Hodges-rd4

I agree and believe that this is the position that will get over-drafted.