Bears draft big board

Stinger226

No one knows how the Bears view the top players, there are so many so called draft experts that it can be confusing to actually figure out the actual value.

If we go by Paces own words , we have to assume he goes with BPA.

top ten big board:

1- Myles Garrett-no brainier here

2-Soloman Thomas- has been moving up and would be our Justin Smith if we could get him

3-Johnathan Allen- He was considered the consensus #2 going into the Combine but even with the concern over future arthritic shoulders, he will not slip much

4-Jamal Adams- a future all pro

5-Marshon Lattimore- the highest rated CB in the draft

6-Malik Hooker- He would be towards the top if not for off season surgrey, but upside is potentially the best play maker in draft.

7-O J Howard- He is a future all pro and a potential surprise pick at #3

8- Ruben Foster- As much as not a need, i think he is rated to high to pass on depending how the board works out

9- Mike Williams-Could be a futre A J Green type of player

10- Derek Barrett- do not under estimate the value of the pass rush

Okay its your turn

1-Garrett

2-Allen

3-Hooker

4-Adams

5-Watson

6-Thomas

7-Robinson

8-Foster

9-Lattimore

10-Williams

I don't think the Bears will get past #2 on this board. If so, I think Allen and Hooker may have just enough concern, and that makes Adams a good, albeit not perfect, fit.

I hate the idea of a TE in the top ten. Howard is out.

I don't like Barrett. Too small for 3-4 DE.

1-Garrett

2-Allen

3-Hooker

4-Adams

5-Watson

6-Thomas

7-Robinson

8-Foster

9-Lattimore

10-Williams

I don't think the Bears will get past #2 on this board. If so, I think Allen and Hooker may have just enough concern, and that makes Adams a good, albeit not perfect, fit.

I think 3 is to high to take Howard, but am trying to asset what the Bears think.

Barrett will probably play OLB at the next level but is considered a premier pass rusher, of which we will value.

1-Garrett

2-Allen

3-Hooker

4-Adam Watson

6-Thomas

7-Robinson

8-Foster

9-Lattimore

10-Williams

As we creep closer to draft day and as the Bears prepare to do this work themselves next week, I did my best in starting an order. With arguments, players could move up or down.

1-Garrett Edge - top prospect, no questions

2-Adams SS - healthy and instant impact

3-Thomas DE/OLB- high motor, disrupter.

4-Allen DL - elite prospect, could challenge the top spot but long term health draws pause

5-Hooker FS- elite prospect and could be higher but still in recover/rehab

6-Trubisky QB-If he had a repeat year, would be top pick.

7-Foster LB-might be best ILB prospect in uhh last 5 years, would lead team in tackle year one

8-Williams WR-all around great wr, AJ Green

9-Kizer QB-proto typical traits to be 10 year starter.

10-Watson QB-leadership and knows how to win.

11-Howard TE-can have Gronk impact recv and blocks well

12-Lattimore CB-top CB can become shutdown, had some health questions

13-Barnett OLB-Stout pass rusher and run defender, demarcus ware comparisons

14-Robinson OT-Top OT prospect, fared well against top edge rushers. Feet questionable for LT

15-Peppers SS-would be higher if he had INTs, rare athlete

16-Fournette RB-Peterson like prospect

17-Mahomes QB -elite arm with gunslinger mentality. With proper coaching you have Favre without Cutler.

No one knows how the Bears view the top players, there are so many so called draft experts that it can be confusing to actually figure out the actual value.

If we go by Paces own words , we have to assume he goes with BPA.

top ten big board:

1- Myles Garrett-no brainier here

2-Soloman Thomas- has been moving up and would be our Justin Smith if we could get him

3-Johnathan Allen- He was considered the consensus #2 going into the Combine but even with the concern over future arthritic shoulders, he will not slip much

4-Jamal Adams- a future all pro

5-Marshon Lattimore- the highest rated CB in the draft

6-Malik Hooker- He would be towards the top if not for off season surgrey, but upside is potentially the best play maker in draft.

7-O J Howard- He is a future all pro and a potential surprise pick at #3

8- Ruben Foster- As much as not a need, i think he is rated to high to pass on depending how the board works out

9- Mike Williams-Could be a futre A J Green type of player

10- Derek Barrett- do not under estimate the value of the pass rush

Okay its your turn

No QB?? And you have two players with questionable health/injury concerns? I like seeing Foster in this group.

No QB?? And you have two players with questionable health/injury concerns? I like seeing Foster in this group.

I am talking about BPA, I do not ,as most experts view, any of these QBs as sure things, late first round or early 2nd round grades . they will be drafted higher than there grade because of need but that does not mean they are better players because they get reached for . I do not think any of them are on there board that early, obviously later down they will have them there.