Kizer Interview With David Kaplan On ESPN 1000

lemonej

If ever there was a guy who is mentally prepared to handle a big media market it is Kizer. Very well spoken answered all questions with class and his answer about Brian Kelley's comments about him staying in school was"Its true I did have 2 more years and I do have room to grow and at 21 years old I am young". " Trying to be a starter in the league against guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers who have been pros since I've been playing football tells me I have room to grow". The last Notre Dame player I really wanted the Bears to draft was Chris Zorich who said he would pay to play for the Bears. I have been a Mahomes guy all along but, I liked how Kizer handled himself with Kap.

If ever there was a guy who is mentally prepared to handle a big media market it is Kizer. Very well spoken answered all questions with class and his answer about Brian Kelley's comments about him staying in school was"Its true I did have 2 more years and I do have room to grow and at 21 years old I am young". " Trying to be a starter in the league against guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers who have been pros since I've been playing football tells me I have room to grow". The last Notre Dame player I really wanted the Bears to draft was Chris Zorich who said he would pay to play for the Bears. I have been a Mahomes guy all along but, I liked how Kizer handled himself with Kap.

The Bears have invested more time in him than anybody else in this draft. I think the coaching and supporting cast really let him down this season. The games I watched had me disgusted with the WRs as they dropped so many balls that were catchable that would have improved his stats and may produced more wins. The defense was atrocious as well which made winning almost unthinkable. If those things were different, Kizer could very well be thought of as a top 5 pick. I would not be surprised if Pace finds a way to make him a Bear.

The Bears have invested more time in him than anybody else in this draft. I think the coaching and supporting cast really let him down this season. The games I watched had me disgusted with the WRs as they dropped so many balls that were catchable that would have improved his stats and may produced more wins. The defense was atrocious as well which made winning almost unthinkable. If those things were different, Kizer could very well be thought of as a top 5 pick. I would not be surprised if Pace finds a way to make him a Bear.

As a ND fan, I completely agree with your assessment of last year. The Irish were painful to watch. He didn't get much help from his teammates or coaching. Their record felt worse than 4-8. It has hurt Keizer's stats and potential and partly the reason he opted to enter the draft rather than return to ND this year. Another year in a disappointing Irish program could drop him further. I've felt his situation didn't present the opportunity to shine as much as it could have. It is interesting that the Bears have shown a lot of interest in him. I could see them working some deal to secure him. If we do draft him I hope it means we traded down vs taking him at 3. #3 is too valuable a slot to reach that far, if you want him trade down and get him and an additional pick at least.