McShay's 3-round mock

adam

Chicago Bears

Round 1 (3): Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Round 2 (36): Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

Round 3 (67): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson

The Bears' secondary still needs a lot of work, but the good news for Chicago fans is that this draft is ripe with playmakers in the defensive backfield. Adams is the most complete DB in the class and one of the best safety prospects I've evaluated in recent years. He can cover the slot or patrol the deep half, and he's an elite run defender. I'm not as high on Humphrey as others, but he has a very high ceiling because of his size (6-foot, 197) and fluidity in coverage. Watkins is capable of developing into a three-down player in the NFL.

-------------------------------------------------

What do you think? I don't know about Watkins in the 3rd. I would be fine with Adams and Humphrey 1-2.

I'd be OK with it, but wouldn't love it. I'm a fan of Adams in the first. Humphry is OK in the 2nd, but I think there will be better players at bigger need positions there (TE, QB). I'm not really a fan of the 5Ts further down the draft, so I'm pretty meh on Watkins. It seems to me if we don't take Allen/Thomas in the 1st, I'd just as soon just see what Bullard can do next year - he flashed in preseason last year and I'm not giving up on him and it sounds like Roy Robertson-Harris, who the team was high on last year, is bulking up to play 5T as well.

I think it starts pretty amazing. Adams is easily the top SS in the draft, and has ability to play as a hybrid S. And Humphries has been talked about as the #1 CB at times, and mocked into the middle of the first round. Getting him in the second, when he could potentially be the #1 CB, would be great value. As for Watkins, I find it hard to believe he'd be good value in the 3rd. He's not suited for 5T, and would be a backup at best. With WRs like Zay Jones and Cooper Kupp, as well as TEs like Jordan Leggett, available in most mocks, I find it hard to believe Watkins is good value for the Bears.

Chicago Bears

Round 1 (3): Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Round 2 (36): Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

Round 3 (67): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson

The Bears' secondary still needs a lot of work, but the good news for Chicago fans is that this draft is ripe with playmakers in the defensive backfield. Adams is the most complete DB in the class and one of the best safety prospects I've evaluated in recent years. He can cover the slot or patrol the deep half, and he's an elite run defender. I'm not as high on Humphrey as others, but he has a very high ceiling because of his size (6-foot, 197) and fluidity in coverage. Watkins is capable of developing into a three-down player in the NFL.

-------------------------------------------------

What do you think? I don't know about Watkins in the 3rd. I would be fine with Adams and Humphrey 1-2.

If we don't end up with Watson as the first then Adams would be my #1a choice. Not only is he a great player but like Watson has a lot of great intangiables (leadership being one of them). Can't say as I'm familiar with Humphery but I've been wishing the Bears would add an Alabama DB for a couple years now. Still disappointed they missed on Collins and Clinton-Dix these last few years.