Browns QB Target?

AZ54

It appears Trubisky is the Browns QB target. The world knows the 49ers want to trade down becaue they put it on every news outlet in the country.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill

Browns might be talking with Jets about a trade so they can grab Trubisky. If true this is clearly where they view the threat level and as far as they need to trade up.

Suddenly the 49ers leak that they might like Trubisky if they have to stay put.

Last week the Bears were rumored to like Trubisky but it appears they've done extensive work on other top QBs and not much with Trubisky. Is that because they think he'll be gone before they select a QB later in the 1st Rd or 2nd Rd? Or is Pace laying low so his target is available at #3?

Kizer: Combine meeting, Private workout, Official Visit, and Local visit

Mahomes: Combine meeting, Private workout, Official Visit

Peterman: Combine meeting, SR Bowl (of course)

Trubisky: combine meeting

Kaaya: combine meeting

Webb: not listed but I thought we coached him for a day at Sr Bowl?

It appears Trubisky is the Browns QB target. The world knows the 49ers want to trade down becaue they put it on every news outlet in the country.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill

Browns might be talking with Jets about a trade so they can grab Trubisky. If true this is clearly where they view the threat level and as far as they need to trade up.

Suddenly the 49ers leak that they might like Trubisky if they have to stay put.

Last week the Bears were rumored to like Trubisky but it appears they've done extensive work on other top QBs and not much with Trubisky. Is that because they think he'll be gone before they select a QB later in the 1st Rd or 2nd Rd? Or is Pace laying low so his target is available at #3?

Kizer: Combine meeting, Private workout, Official Visit, and Local visit

Mahomes: Combine meeting, Private workout, Official Visit

Peterman: Combine meeting, SR Bowl (of course)

Trubisky: combine meeting

Kaaya: combine meeting

Webb: not listed but I thought we coached him for a day at Sr Bowl?

Honestly you cant believe anything you hear right now, some of it may prove to be true, but how do you know what rumors are valid or not. There is no way Cleve passes up on a Juilius Peppers in a draft, that would be silly especially since they have the picks to move up and grab a QB if SF does not draft a QB. But then they do not have football people running the organisation right now, so may be a wild card for knowing what they will do.

I don't think Cleveland drafts a QB #1 overall. Garrett is just too good to pass up. I absolutely think they want to, and will, draft a QB early because they don't have one. If they walk away from the QBs again this year after trading away from Wentz then their owner is likely to fire the whole bunch after the season. We all know one of these QBs if not two, is very likely to be a good starter. Nobody knows which one.

That leaves their #12 pick for the selection, or #33. If they think Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, or whoever is their target is, will be gone then I think they know they have to trade up to get him. It's a near certainty Trubisky and Watson will be gone before #33, probably Mahomes too. Kizer is up in the air because at such an expensive position ($20+mil/yr for a starter) it's fashionable for teams to trade up into the late 1st Rd to get that 5th year on the rookie contract. In the age of Osweiller and Glennon earning $14-15mil/yr the extra $10mil saved on year five can easily be used for FAs to offset the "missing" draft picks that were given up in the trade. Among the top 5 QBs Webb is most likely to be there at 33.

Rumors have built that Trubisky is the Browns favorite. I think they'd be best off with Watson and his leadership. With the entire league knowing they will likely take a QB at #12 I don't think every team will sit back and let it happen without someone trading ahead of them to get their guy.