Peppers Tests Positive for diluted sample

AZ54

Peppers will be there in round 2. Do we pull the trigger on him? I could see it.

I never wanted an in-the-box safety who can't cover. We already have one, although Peppers is better around the LOS. We need players who can cover, defend passes, and hopefully get some INTs. I'm good with Adams or Hooker in Rd 1, but if we go safety later I prefer the players who are better in coverage.

I never wanted an in-the-box safety who can't cover. We already have one, although Peppers is better around the LOS. We need players who can cover, defend passes, and hopefully get some INTs. I'm good with Adams or Hooker in Rd 1, but if we go safety later I prefer the players who are better in coverage.

Yea, but Peppers is an elite in the box safety who can't cover. Can you imagine what Fangio could scheme up for him?

You take the best player available. Peppers could be huge for this team.

Interesting thought...

If the Bears went with Hooker or Adams in the first round (ideally Hooker in this scenario), and Peppers in the second round, they could ease Peppers into the role. Quentin Demps only has 2017 as a big cap hit year, and could easily be gone after the season. Or kept around as the backup. With Hooker at FS and Peppers at SS, I could see them being the best Safety tandem in the NFL.

For that matter, Adams in RD1 and Budda Baker in RD2 also looks enticing.

Interesting thought...

If the Bears went with Hooker or Adams in the first round (ideally Hooker in this scenario), and Peppers in the second round, they could ease Peppers into the role. Quentin Demps only has 2017 as a big cap hit year, and could easily be gone after the season. Or kept around as the backup. With Hooker at FS and Peppers at SS, I could see them being the best Safety tandem in the NFL.

For that matter, Adams in RD1 and Budda Baker in RD2 also looks enticing.

Yeah but you can't draft two secondary players in a row. That's crazy. Our most solid positions are 3-4 ILB, OG, and RB.. Financiallly, those are 3 of the least valuable positions. Safety is also a position with lesser value.

Part of the reason you would draft Allen over Adams is because you'll have that guy's salary slotted for the next 5 years. What does the average d-lineman make vs. what the average safety earns? A top defensive tackle will sign for 100 million. Can you imagine paying that to a safety????

That's why quarterbacks get overdrafted. Mike Glennon is a mediocre QB who hasn't played in two years. He's making 15 million--the highest paid player on the team. Any QB we drafted at #3 is going to be more talented. And we won't pay them anywhere close to 15 million. Isn't it like 3 or 4?

Drafting a QB at the top is a financial bargain.

Yeah but you can't draft two secondary players in a row. That's crazy. Our most solid positions are 3-4 ILB, OG, and RB.. Financiallly, those are 3 of the least valuable positions. Safety is also a position with lesser value.

Part of the reason you would draft Allen over Adams is because you'll have that guy's salary slotted for the next 5 years. What does the average d-lineman make vs. what the average safety earns? A top defensive tackle will sign for 100 million. Can you imagine paying that to a safety????

That's why quarterbacks get overdrafted. Mike Glennon is a mediocre QB who hasn't played in two years. He's making 15 million--the highest paid player on the team. Any QB we drafted at #3 is going to be more talented. And we won't pay them anywhere close to 15 million. Isn't it like 3 or 4?

Drafting a QB at the top is a financial bargain.

I understand the financial point you're making, and realize the double safety move would be unprecedented, but I actually think it would be a good decision in rare cases. The Bears are in a position where the realistically need multiple players, and they have the option of making several positions "pretty good," or taking one position group and turning it into game changing group. In each of the following cases, I think it would be transformative for the team.

RD1: Hooker & RD2: Peppers

RD1: Adams & RD2: Baker

Let's say you could draft the following...wouldn't you?

RD1: SS Troy Polamalu

RD2: FS Mike Brown

I understand the financial point you're making, and realize the double safety move would be unprecedented, but I actually think it would be a good decision in rare cases. The Bears are in a position where the realistically need multiple players, and they have the option of making several positions "pretty good," or taking one position group and turning it into game changing group. In each of the following cases, I think it would be transformative for the team.

RD1: Hooker & RD2: Peppers

RD1: Adams & RD2: Baker

Let's say you could draft the following...wouldn't you?

RD1: SS Troy Polamalu

RD2: FS Mike Brown

NFL Networks' Chad Rueter 7 round mock has the Bears taking Adams and King but no QB

Adams SS

Boiles OT

Sheehan TE

King S

Wise DE

Malone WR

Onwuala OLB