TE Adam Shaheen

bradjock

With his size and athleticism putting Shaheen next to either Massie or Leno is going to make it tough for any pass rusher to get through. Of course he has a lot to learn with blocking at the NFL level but forcing someone to either get around him or move through a double team block won't come easy. Knowing the weaknesses of our OTs and the lack of OT talent in this draft this is like drafting a LT-lite. He also has good enough feet to get out to the 2nd and 3rd levels as a blocker.

I really like what this can do for our running game this year while we work on developing a passing game over the next couple seasons. Over time Shaheen will be significant part of that too.

With his size and athleticism putting Shaheen next to either Massie or Leno is going to make it tough for any pass rusher to get through. Of course he has a lot to learn with blocking at the NFL level but forcing someone to either get around him or move through a double team block won't come easy. Knowing the weaknesses of our OTs and the lack of OT talent in this draft this is like drafting a LT-lite. He also has good enough feet to get out to the 2nd and 3rd levels as a blocker.

I really like what this can do for our running game this year while we work on developing a passing game over the next couple seasons. Over time Shaheen will be significant part of that too.

Initially it helps our running game and better red zone scoring. He has some comparisons to gronk, if just close this is,huge.

Rumor is that at least 5 different teams had Shaheen within top 50 of their draft boards (so he pretty much went where pegged). Cowboys wanted him badly and had him graded as the 2nd best TE in the draft. Heard an analyst who talked to numerous NFL scouts who implied that he was considered by many scouts (not a full majority, but quite a few) as the 3rd best TE in the draft.

I am getting fired up over the pick. I also don't think he's as big of a project as some imply, mainly because he has such strong physical gifts. Yes, it will be an adjustment, but he'll kick butt!!!

NFL Network had him at 52, and we took him at 45. Not reaching, I agree.

I totally missed this guy.

Comments from Gil Brandt: "I think Friday morning of draft week... there will be teams vying to get near the top of Round 2 to take this tight end."

Also: Several NFL tight end coaches (Bears, Saints, Steelers, Raiders, Lions) were present for tight end Adam Shaheen at Ashland’s pro day.

Some good links:

http://herosports.com/nfl-draft/d2-footbal...up-pro-day-avav

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/steel...haheen-pro-day/

I actually like it, but think it's a reach. He's a monster TE who is way more athletic than men his size have any business being. Short term he's a guy who is an immediate red zone threat. Long term he's got potential to be an unguardable weapon Trubisky can rely upon.

Like I said already, if the Bears are all-in on Trubisky, they should do everything possible to support and protect him.

Awesome. I agree. And yes we have reached for both Trubisky and Shaheen, but maybe that's the price of getting into the game with some players.