2018 draft outlook

ASHKUM BEAR

We should improve with health alone, but didn't do much in this draft to make an early impact.. With that going and the toughest 1st half of the season schedule in the NFL, I will give them a one win increase, because I see the young guys playing more later this season, decreasing the chance to win. A 4-12 record could happen which nets them top 2-4 draft pick. Since they have their QB of the future drafted, they can now trade down with that pick which should be hot if the QBs coming up are what the say. That pick should net the Bears multiple 1sts and 2nds in both 2018 & 2019.

We should improve with health alone, but didn't do much in this draft to make an early impact.. With that going and the toughest 1st half of the season schedule in the NFL, I will give them a one win increase, because I see the young guys playing more later this season, decreasing the chance to win. A 4-12 record could happen which nets them top 2-4 draft pick. Since they have their QB of the future drafted, they can now trade down with that pick which should be hot if the QBs coming up are what the say. That pick should net the Bears multiple 1sts and 2nds in both 2018 & 2019.

If so, hopefully the next Anthony Munoz is in this class.

If so, hopefully the next Anthony Munoz is in this class.

Just took a glance at early mocks this morning. It looks deep at QB, OT, CB, DE/OLB and WR. The blessing is if we can get a 3rd back at least if not more to trade down.

RD1-Mike McGlinchey ND or Connor Williams TEX OLT-if we can nail down the LT and make it a strength instead of a below average joe, Trubisky may look like gold by staying clean.

RD2-Arden Key LSU OLB- good time to reload on pass rush since Houston, Young, McPhee won't all be around. Could go DB here but pass rush trumps.

RD3-Jaire Alexander CB Lou-smaller CB but plays big. Pick came from trading down a few spots RD1

C'mon now, you had to of heard/read that somewhere. Lol.

Yes, 12th.

A little surprising, but its possible.....There is a TON of boom or bust potential on this team.

Damn it sucks to hope your team improved enough to draft at 12. Lol. That's the reality of where we are though.

Damn it sucks to hope your team improved enough to draft at 12. Lol. That's the reality of where we are though.

Agree. I know everyone doesn't agree with this, and some say the meaningless wins have meaning. I'd rather have another bad season to get the high draft pick, or an incredible season that ends with the playoffs. I loathe the 6-10 through 9-7 seasons.

Agree. I know everyone doesn't agree with this, and some say the meaningless wins have meaning. I'd rather have another bad season to get the high draft pick, or an incredible season that ends with the playoffs. I loathe the 6-10 through 9-7 seasons.

I kind of agree, but eventually the team has to take a step forward. Would I love to go 2-14 next year then 14- 2 the following year? Sure, but how often does that happen. Typically a team will have a year or 2 where they are in that 6-10 through 9-7 range(football outsiders has the bears at 7-9) before they get to where they need to be.

7-9, like football outsiders predicts, means a lot of guys improved and that's what I want to see out of this team next year.

C'mon now, you had to of heard/read that somewhere. Lol. Yes, 12th. A little surprising, but its possible.....There is a TON of boom or bust potential on this team.

Dang, wish I was guessing on the lotto. I figured it would be higher than the 1-5 range.

I think there could be a good chance we see anywhere from pick 5-14. The schedule the first half of the season will be tough, we will have a lot of new starters (Glennon, Jaye Howard, Cooper, Amukamara, Demps and 2-3 wr's) to gel. Having a high pick again could give us a chance at the top OLT or getting multiple high picks.

If we dont improve to a winning record with the roster we all ready have then what's the point of being in a rebuild. It would mean our roster is still bad and we already need to be stockpiled with potential core players, for this rebuild to be on schedule.

Core players

Tribusky (?)

Howard

Long

Whitehair

Shaheen (?)

Merideth

White

Hicks

Goldman

Bullard

Floyd

Kwitkoski

Cooper

Morgan (?)

Cohen(?)

Jackson (?)

This should be a our core players going forward but we really dont know yet, so that means we need to start winning.