Revisionist Draft

adam

With the draft complete, using our original picks, what would've been your dream draft knowing who was picked where?

Only rule is you must select a player that would've been available at our slot and in the same round.

Here would be mine:

#3 - Solomon Thomas, DL (SF trades #2 to someone else, Thomas available at 3 since he is there, I take him)

#36 - Sidney Jones, CB (wanted Cam Robinson, considered Baker and Jones, and ultimately went with a CB)

#67 - Antonio Garcia, OT (the 3rd round looked much different than I expected, could've went several directions here)

#111 - Eddie Jackson, S (I actually like this pick here, good job Pace, you got one right)

#117 - Josh Reynolds, WR (I thought we could've used another WR as insurance)

#147 - Jordan Leggett, TE (with the Sims signing, a TE later makes sense)

#221 - Zane Gonzalez, K (best Kicker in the draft, still available in the 7th)

With the draft complete, using our original picks, what would've been your dream draft knowing who was picked where?

Only rule is you must select a player that would've been available at our slot and in the same round.

Here would be mine:

#3 - Solomon Thomas, DL (SF trades #2 to someone else, Thomas available at 3 since he is there, I take him)

#36 - Sidney Jones, CB (wanted Cam Robinson, considered Baker and Jones, and ultimately went with a CB)

#67 - Antonio Garcia, OT (the 3rd round looked much different than I expected, could've went several directions here)

#111 - Eddie Jackson, S (I actually like this pick here, good job Pace, you got one right)

#117 - Josh Reynolds, WR (I thought we could've used another WR as insurance)

I'm pretty sure SF would've picked Thomas regardless. But agreed, would've really liked to have seen a defender (Adams or even Watson - although we could've traded back for him IMHO). Relatively happy with Jackson (agree with you). Would've liked to have seen a big body WR somewhere. Still also think we'll need an ILB this year.

Here would be mine:

You missed the extra 4th we had, but like your picks

#3-Mitchell Trubisky QB- I believe SF wanted Thomas regardless and feared trading down to lose him

#36-Sidney Jones CB- take his potential, the draft was that anyways

#67 -Cooper Kupp WR

#111 Eddie Jackson S

#117 David Sharpe OT

#147 Jordan Legget TE

#221 Zane Gonzalez K

With original picks, no trades:

1) Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama

2) Marcus Williams, S, Utah

3) Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy

4) Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

4) Jake Butt, TE, Michigan