Our new LT

Stinger226

I'm really trying to understand your point. But it doesn't make sense.

You say changing OL positions is incredibly hard. I'm fine with that. But if it's so hard, how did Whitehair do so well? Either he doesn't think it's very hard, or he's amazing and could turn into a multi-year, bowl center. But if he DID think it was hard, and he did that well at a position that is secondary or tertiary for him, then imagine how well he'd do at his natural position?

Honestly, where is the flaw in that logic?

The head against the brick wall should be all you glean, as I already explained the flaw in logic ad nauseam. I like the banter except for when it takes too long.

If Grasu is healthy the move is Whitehair to Sitton's OG spot and see if Sitton can play RT because this is going to probably be his last year with the team and play constant 2 TE sets and constantly chip whoever is the most dangerous edge rusher you face each week.

Okay now really see if Grasu is better than Whitehair at center because Whitehair was named to the All Rookie team at the position. This last draft has rebuild in bold letters so competition should be the theme at every position.

I wouldn't touch white hair. He excelled last yr and he's still learning. Could get even better. I for one don't like the constant flipping guys around

Agree. Switching positions after playing a year or two always makes me nervous.

The head against the brick wall should be all you glean, as I already explained the flaw in logic ad nauseam. I like the banter except for when it takes too long.

If you say so. I think if anything you have given reason for why Whitehair should be moved back to his natural position of LT. You said it takes multiple years to get used to a new position, and he has more years familiarity at LT than C. The one year of cohesion is the only real sacrifice.

We are not a set team. We will and should continue to try everything and see what works.

If you can find a good Left OT on the current squad, that's totally worth the lost cohesion at this point.

This is the same logic that had us take a big risk on Trubisky. Some day, when we are a good team, we won't take as many chances,a nd we will honor cohesion and all that, but we arent there yet, so we should try everything.

If you say so. I think if anything you have given reason for why Whitehair should be moved back to his natural position of LT. You said it takes multiple years to get used to a new position, and he has more years familiarity at LT than C. The one year of cohesion is the only real sacrifice.

Bottom Line

With his combination of functional strength and body control, Whitehair might be one of the safest offensive linemen in the entire draft. He will almost assuredly be bumped inside to guard, but could be considered at center as well. He has the confidence and talent to start right away and his run blocking should improve as he gets more comfortable firing out from a three-­point stance. Whitehair has the ability to be a very good starter with a ceiling that could reach the all-pro level.

Bottom Line

With his combination of functional strength and body control, Whitehair might be one of the safest offensive linemen in the entire draft. He will almost assuredly be bumped inside to guard, but could be considered at center as well. He has the confidence and talent to start right away and his run blocking should improve as he gets more comfortable firing out from a three-­point stance. Whitehair has the ability to be a very good starter with a ceiling that could reach the all-pro level.

I might be in the minority, but I think Leno is fine at LT. This is his 4th year and a contract year. If Pace doesn't see much room for him to grow or improve, then let him hit the open market.

The recent moves by the Bears suggest Long may not be healthy. Drafting another G and signing Boggs might mean Whitehair moves back to G.

I might be in the minority, but I think Leno is fine at LT. This is his 4th year and a contract year. If Pace doesn't see much room for him to grow or improve, then let him hit the open market.

The recent moves by the Bears suggest Long may not be healthy. Drafting another G and signing Boggs might mean Whitehair moves back to G.

Long is not healthy. He lost a ton of weight down to 265lbs after an infection or some complication from his ankle surgery. He just reported that he's back to 310 lbs but wants to get back to 325lbs. I fully expect he'll be getting days off during training camp and a light to non-existent workload during preseason games.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bears/pos...ty-ankle-injury

Long is not healthy. He lost a ton of weight down to 265lbs after an infection or some complication from his ankle surgery. He just reported that he's back to 310 lbs but wants to get back to 325lbs. I fully expect he'll be getting days off during training camp and a light to non-existent workload during preseason games.

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bears/pos...ty-ankle-injury

Never really thought about this, Long may not be ready, so they are positioning themselves in case he cant play.