QB Comparison

adam

Nothing but fun poking at you. Kinda like Cutler. Don't read too deep into it. Simply stating that if Watson is successful and Trubisky is not, we'll here from you. A lot...

Out of respect to you and the rest of the Talkbears gang (and to avoid hurting Stingers sensitive proclivities) I'll do the best I can and not gloat if it happens as you suggest. I promise. In fact I'm serious when I say I hope Trubisky does well. I mean he is OUR QB now right? Well that is until Glennon proves he isn't the one. And realistically both he and Watson seem like stand up guys so if for nothing else I wish them both the best of luck in their new careers.

Now about Sanchez. Somebody here said they see him as the QB whisperer to Dak last year (almost threw up when I saw that). Pretty sure Romo was still there and Dak said on numerous times how much help Romo was to him as a mentor.

Please with respect to all that is good get rid of Sanchez!! (Ok to bash him right?)

Out of respect to you and the rest of the Talkbears gang (and to avoid hurting Stingers sensitive proclivities) I'll do the best I can and not gloat if it happens as you suggest. I promise. In fact I'm serious when I say I hope Trubisky does well. I mean he is OUR QB now right? Well that is until Glennon proves he isn't the one. And realistically both he and Watson seem like stand up guys so if for nothing else I wish them both the best of luck in their new careers.

Now about Sanchez. Somebody here said they see him as the QB whisperer to Dak last year (almost threw up when I saw that). Pretty sure Romo was still there and Dak said on numerous times how much help Romo was to him as a mentor.

Please with respect to all that is good get rid of Sanchez!! (Ok to bash him right?)

Yeah I felt immediately I'll when I heard a member of the media try claiming he was a qb whisperer. For as much as ppl in the media and cowboys nation destroy Romo he was a pretty good QB. His downfall was he just couldn't perform great in the postseason. He was good and even clutch during the regular season.

Yeah I felt immediately I'll when I heard a member of the media try claiming he was a qb whisperer. For as much as ppl in the media and cowboys nation destroy Romo he was a pretty good QB. His downfall was he just couldn't perform great in the postseason. He was good and even clutch during the regular season.

I thought I heard quite a bit of reports out of Dallas talking about how helpful Sanchez was with Dak. Sanchez is actually a really good mentor, given the spotlight he was in with the Jets (high pick who had a ton of initial success) and he can relate to Trubisky and truly help a young player deal with the adversity of becoming a starting QB, etc. I actually like Sanchez being around even more, now that we grabbed Tru. Sanchez can be the backup early and then become the 3rd string QB (maybe a year from now he is the backup after Glennon leaves).

I thought I heard quite a bit of reports out of Dallas talking about how helpful Sanchez was with Dak. Sanchez is actually a really good mentor, given the spotlight he was in with the Jets (high pick who had a ton of initial success) and he can relate to Trubisky and truly help a young player deal with the adversity of becoming a starting QB, etc. I actually like Sanchez being around even more, now that we grabbed Tru. Sanchez can be the backup early and then become the 3rd string QB (maybe a year from now he is the backup after Glennon leaves).

So you would rather let shaw go despite what we saw from him next pre season last yr? And do we really see going into the yr with a 3rd qb?

So you would rather let shaw go despite what we saw from him next pre season last yr? And do we really see going into the yr with a 3rd qb?

I'm with you on Shaw. But if he and Sanchez go into a 'competition' for whatever spot it is, I'd say it should be best man wins. (Secretly I'm hoping Shaw would win).

I think the 'Biscuit' will get plenty of good mentoring from Glennon and other senior members of the team should Sanchez not make the team.

Yes. That said, I wish Shaw luck and wouldn't mind sticking him on the practice squad. That said, if he beats out Sanchez in training camp...may the best man win.

Saw an article that quoted both Ron Wolf and Bill Polian complimenting Pace on his getting Trubisky. I have some huge respect for both those guys so if they think it's good then maybe I can too. I'm warming to the idea. Still want to see it to believe it but, my faith is starting to increase.

http://m.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/P...9d-4bf254652af1

In this sense, I would have been making the comparison after each has played in the NFL. I would be more interested to see what I had to say before Wentz was drafted. No doubt based on his performance last year Wentz proved himself worthy as the starter, thus legitimizing (to me) his pick at 2. Who knows, maybe this time next year I'll be saying the same about Trubisky? I'm skeptical but it could happen.

I searched and couldn't find anything from you around draft day regarding Wentz. But yes, time offers perspective in terms of the quality of the pick.

Saw an article that quoted both Ron Wolf and Bill Polian complimenting Pace on his getting Trubisky. I have some huge respect for both those guys so if they think it's good then maybe I can too. I'm warming to the idea. Still want to see it to believe it but, my faith is starting to increase.

http://m.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/P...9d-4bf254652af1

I don't trust Ron Wolf in regards to this. He may just be laughing inside and saying it's good because he's a packer guy.

I don't trust Ron Wolf in regards to this. He may just be laughing inside and saying it's good because he's a packer guy.

And I no longer trust Polian. He talks out of both sides of his mouth these days. Don't get me wrong, he is greatest football exec of all time; but nothing more than media now.