Cutler in the Booth?

AZ54

I'm actually very surprised to see him in this role. Both because I never thought he'd want to be there and because I never thought a broadcaster would want him there. It will be interesting to hear his analysis.

"What you're really looking for here is the guy who is in blanket coverage between the FS and CB."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/former-...oins-the-media/

I'm actually very surprised to see him in this role. Both because I never thought he'd want to be there and because I never thought a broadcaster would want him there. It will be interesting to hear his analysis.

"What you're really looking for here is the guy who is in blanket coverage between the FS and CB."

here's to wishing him well in his new career.

he was a tough player and gave everything he had to chicago even when they gave him nothing to help him succeed but money.

Is it me or are there more Bears alumni in the broadcast booths per capita?

Glad to see Jay is going this route. Give him a chance to clean up his public image a little. He's a pretty decent guy deep down. Just never was keen on being forced to talk in front of the media. Pairing with Charles Davis will be good for him. Look forward to seeing him in the booth.

Don't care...

I am really surprised, of all people to have in media JC would have to be one of the last I would think fits. He was criticised by Bears fan for lack of emotional response and he is going to telecast games? Oh well, best of luck to him. I am just glad he is finally gone.

Retirement wasn't a surprise, but moving into broadcasting is a surprise. For a player who's had an adversarial approach to media it is a career move that I wasn't expecting. But I do think Jay got a bad rap partly earned but I think often piled on. I wish him best of luck in this new career. I also think over the last few years he matured a lot in how he deals with people and press, etc. He is a decent guy and a hard worker. When he has had the chance to sit down and talk football he comes across as a very intelligent guy. It'll be interesting to hear his commentary and perspective in a setting he's comfortable in. It's a chance to repair his image and prove he's a good guy. He had the support of his teammates, it was always his public image that people ragged on.

That's funny. That could become a meme. Something like, "Jay Cutler broadcasting predictions"

346rz3t.jpg

2dsjpj6.jpg

241w2sw.jpg

With the amount of OCs Cutler played under during his career, his knowledge of how a team wants to/should attack a defense should be over the top. The way he presents it will be how his success in the booth is determined. If he can break down plays for the not so sophisticated fan without coming off being arrogant will be the key. Most former QBs in the booth and panel shows come off as arrogant imo.