Bears Sign Dan Skuta to 1yr Deal

AZ54

Excellent depth signing and he knows the system so he can step in day one and be productive.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-r...4f-1a35f8bb4bd0

I think they may have brought him with the thought of losing Houston. when healthy Houston is a better player, but he gets hurt every year. Skuta has been relatively healthy and had 5 sacks and 3 FFs in 10 games under Fangio. A good depth player, will be cheaper than Houston. Houston supposedly being the starter has only started 10 games in 3 years. I think he will be gone due to reliability more than anything.

I think they may have brought him with the thought of losing Houston. when healthy Houston is a better player, but he gets hurt every year. Skuta has been relatively healthy and had 5 sacks and 3 FFs in 10 games under Fangio. A good depth player, will be cheaper than Houston. Houston supposedly being the starter has only started 10 games in 3 years. I think he will be gone due to reliability more than anything.

I was just reading where Skuta can play both ILB and OLB, which could free up one spot for CB or S. ILB= Kwiat-Freeman-Trevathan-Timu-Jones-Anderson

OLB= Floyd-Houston-McPhee-Young-Acho

So we lose Houston, Acho, Jones,Anderson and just keep Skuta to fill in the 4th spot in both positions. Keep Timu until Trevathan is healthy.