Gil Brandt's Impact Rookies

AZ54

Tarik Cohen makes the list of rookies he thinks will have an impact this year.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30000008...timpact-rookies

For all the offensive positions we could have drafted to make an instant impact with a 4th rd pick, a player with Cohens talents was the most fitting. It can be argued if it was too early to take, but we were limited with picks. Also saying a 3rd down back isn't value, what would another WR or comparable back to Howard bring if we went that route? I think Cohen will give us more than any other offensive position who would be deeper on the depth chart and fighting to even make the roster.

Cool to see him selected as a 4th rounder, when 10 of the 14 are 1st rounders. I hope we get contributions from all picks this year.

He will have around 450 yards-5.2 per carry and 47 rec. for 644 yards and 8 TDs.

I would say that would be impactful for a 4th round pick

He will have around 450 yards-5.2 per carry and 47 rec. for 644 yards and 8 TDs.

I would say that would be impactful for a 4th round pick

Is that your projection? That would be impressive, especially since Hill only had 267 rushing yards (half of those on 2 runs) and 593 receiving yards.

I am thinking more along the lines of 300 rushing and 500 receiving yards and 5 TD's.

Is that your projection? That would be impressive, especially since Hill only had 267 rushing yards (half of those on 2 runs) and 593 receiving yards. I am thinking more along the lines of 300 rushing and 500 receiving yards and 5 TD's.

I feel like this is like projecting Garrett Wolfe all over again. Not sure if we did it on here or something I discussed with friends LoL.

I will go along the lines of: 250 rushing yds and 350 recv yards with 2 TDs. (to play it safe)

I feel like this is like projecting Garrett Wolfe all over again. Not sure if we did it on here or something I discussed with friends LoL.

I will go along the lines of: 250 rushing yds and 350 recv yards with 2 TDs. (to play it safe)

IM an optimist, could be Wolfe, or Sporles , or Hill.

IM an optimist, could be Wolfe, or Sporles , or Hill.

That is fine, just like playing the Price is Right, I am under shooting my guess to give me a better chance to win.

I threw out the T Hill comparison shortly after drafting him once I looked into his profile. I think he will be a good option and he offers more to the team than if they selected a WR in round 4 or even another RB that matches the skill set of Howard. If he can field kicks/punts, his value doubles, but he has not done that in game situations and will take work to win confidence.

• 4 months later...