Day 1 is done

AZ54

Wenntz played in more games but only had 50 more attempts that Mitch. Small school competition doesn't give you concern? The point im trying to make, is there is risk in any selection and we gave to wait to see how it turns out. I would say Philadelphia took a bigger risk than we just did. Inferior competition and actually paid a higher price than we did. He was not as accurate as tribusky . Time will finish the story, just trying to give you a more positive spin.

I think the first thing you need to understand about my concern is not as much with Trubisky as the QB they chose. It's just how they did it that concerns me. Does it concern me that Wentz played in a small school league? Now it doesn't, no. Had you asked last year and the Bears chose him instead I may have asked similar style questions I am asking about Trubisky. But hindsight being my friend I can say Philadelphia chose wilsely with Wentz. You yourself believe that Pace made a try at getting Wentz so he couldn't be all bad.

Wentz played in a more NFL style offense at ND State. Where it was known as a "run dominant scheme". Versus North Carolina's which is based on the 'Spread Offense' scheme and more pass happy. In fact they were ranked 14th overall in passing offense last year in NCAA Division I. Meaning, Trubisky would have more opportunities to throw the ball than would have Wentz thus the comparative numbers. The one other immeasurable to consider is that in both schemes, Wentz was given more opportunity to choose the plays (whether it be run, pass or whatever) because he learned to read what the defense presented. Whereas Trubisky, playing in a spread offense, is more apt to read hand signs (or like Chip Kelly's card system) and not make those crucial pre-snap reads. But like you said, it still remains to be seen how either will perform. Wentz did pretty good coming out of the gate cold. How well Trubisky does may not be known for 2-3 years.

I think the first thing you need to understand about my concern is not as much with Trubisky as the QB they chose. It's just how they did it that concerns me. Does it concern me that Wentz played in a small school league? Now it doesn't, no. Had you asked last year and the Bears chose him instead I may have asked similar style questions I am asking about Trubisky. But hindsight being my friend I can say Philadelphia chose wilsely with Wentz. You yourself believe that Pace made a try at getting Wentz so he couldn't be all bad.

Wentz played in a more NFL style offense at ND State. Where it was known as a "run dominant scheme". Versus North Carolina's which is based on the 'Spread Offense' scheme and more pass happy. In fact they were ranked 14th overall in passing offense last year in NCAA Division I. Meaning, Trubisky would have more opportunities to throw the ball than would have Wentz thus the comparative numbers. The one other immeasurable to consider is that in both schemes, Wentz was given more opportunity to choose the plays (whether it be run, pass or whatever) because he learned to read what the defense presented. Whereas Trubisky, playing in a spread offense, is more apt to read hand signs (or like Chip Kelly's card system) and not make those crucial pre-snap reads. But like you said, it still remains to be seen how either will perform. Wentz did pretty good coming out of the gate cold. How well Trubisky does may not be known for 2-3 years.

Yes I agree, we have to see in two years about the outcome. I think having a pass happy offense, at least gives you the opportunity to see him able to make all the throws of a NFL quarterback. When in a run dominated scheme. Pace has tried to trade in the last two drafts, to go get Maiorta and then Wentz, so i think the fact that Pace liked both those QBs, you might say, he has a good eye for talent at that position. I have read from some experts that the Bears are lucky that Tribusky only has one season as a starter, because if he played two, he would be the overall #1 draft pick in the league and we would not be able to get him next year.

There is people on both sides of the fence on what Tribusky will turn out to be, you can choose either side. Since he is a Bear, I choose to look at his high side, and you choose his low side because he only has 13 game starts. I think our future is bright.