glass half full Pace

Stinger226

When praising or criticizing Pace we need to look at his plan.

In the first two years, he took position players and did not draft a QB. He tried to trade up for Mariota and last year to go up and get Wentz.

I would have to say both of those should turn out to be good QBs. So I think he can identify a QB when he sees one.

In the three year of a rebuild , he need to get a QB to push forward with the progress, so he addressed with an urgency.

I would say he identified Tribusky as his guy early but there was no guarantee he would be there at three.So he went out and grabbed the best QB available in FA.He did think in spite of getting a chance to draft Tribusky , because at 3 there is a chance he wouldn't be there.

So now the draft comes and as proved out several teams are interested in moving up for QBs as that did happen.

When Cleveland did not take Tribusky, the only way to control your own destiny is to move up to 2 and grab him.

So the complains are he paid to much, that why would you grab Glennon if you wanted Tribusky, and Tribusky isnt a franchise QB.

If you factor in the last two years instead of finding a developmental QB, he took position players. So lets say the fourth round, that is two picks we have.

This year he traded back in the second and recover 2 of the draft picks he paid, so that equals itself out.

Tribusky's value was all over the board by so called experts, but in the end it only matters if Pace got it right,he's the one that drafted him.

I read where two AFL scouts had Tribusky as the best QB prospect to come out since Luck was drafted. Which reinforces Pace's opinion that he could become a top 10 QB.

As for grabbing Glennon, he had no idea whether he could get Tribusky unless he traded for the first pick in draft, so he went out and grabbed the best QB available and basically signed him to a one year deal if he wants to get out of it.

Lets say Glennon does well, and Tribusky is ready next year, I can see getting a 2nd rounder in exchange for him . If he is just average, you could still get a 3rd or 4th considering all the teams still in need of grabbing a QB for their future.

So for all the criticism, if Tribusky is the guy he thinks he is, we will not remember all the critics of his decisions.

The cost is minimal and we end up going back to a winning tradition.

Also, remember a move like the Trubisky trade actually buys him and Fox a few more years. They now get the benefit of the doubt to grow this young QB. So I can't see any of them leaving in the next 2-3 years regardless of the outcome. At most they would move Fox for Payton or Harbaugh.

This was Pace's 3rd draft, so this year is the first year you normally can say it is "his" team. He has had 3 offseasons to shape the 53 man roster to his liking.

I believe there are only 10 players left on the entire roster from the pre-Pace era: (O'Donnell, Long, Houston, Young, Fuller, Bellamy, Carey, Jones, Leno, McManis) and a few are at risk of being cut before the season starts. So this is his team now. No more excuses, we need to be better. With a clean bill of health and some rested players (those that were injured played less), we should see a little correction from last year.

Also, remember a move like the Trubisky trade actually buys him and Fox a few more years. They now get the benefit of the doubt to grow this young QB. So I can't see any of them leaving in the next 2-3 years regardless of the outcome. At most they would move Fox for Payton or Harbaugh.

This was Pace's 3rd draft, so this year is the first year you normally can say it is "his" team. He has had 3 offseasons to shape the 53 man roster to his liking.

I believe there are only 10 players left on the entire roster from the pre-Pace era: (O'Donnell, Long, Houston, Young, Fuller, Bellamy, Carey, Jones, Leno, McManis) and a few are at risk of being cut before the season starts. So this is his team now. No more excuses, we need to be better. With a clean bill of health and some rested players (those that were injured played less), we should see a little correction from last year.

I think last years pitiful season, was mainly due to injuries. I see this year as a huge step forward. IF we stay relatively healthy. The D backfield will look insanely better with a pass rush of Hicks, Goldman, Floyd and McPhee.

When praising or criticizing Pace we need to look at his plan.

In the first two years, he took position players and did not draft a QB. He tried to trade up for Mariota and last year to go up and get Wentz.

I would have to say both of those should turn out to be good QBs. So I think he can identify a QB when he sees one.

In the three year of a rebuild , he need to get a QB to push forward with the progress, so he addressed with an urgency.

I would say he identified Tribusky as his guy early but there was no guarantee he would be there at three.So he went out and grabbed the best QB available in FA.He did think in spite of getting a chance to draft Tribusky , because at 3 there is a chance he wouldn't be there.

So now the draft comes and as proved out several teams are interested in moving up for QBs as that did happen.

When Cleveland did not take Tribusky, the only way to control your own destiny is to move up to 2 and grab him.

So the complains are he paid to much, that why would you grab Glennon if you wanted Tribusky, and Tribusky isnt a franchise QB.

If you factor in the last two years instead of finding a developmental QB, he took position players. So lets say the fourth round, that is two picks we have.

This year he traded back in the second and recover 2 of the draft picks he paid, so that equals itself out.

Tribusky's value was all over the board by so called experts, but in the end it only matters if Pace got it right,he's the one that drafted him.

I read where two AFL scouts had Tribusky as the best QB prospect to come out since Luck was drafted. Which reinforces Pace's opinion that he could become a top 10 QB.

As for grabbing Glennon, he had no idea whether he could get Tribusky unless he traded for the first pick in draft, so he went out and grabbed the best QB available and basically signed him to a one year deal if he wants to get out of it.

Lets say Glennon does well, and Tribusky is ready next year, I can see getting a 2nd rounder in exchange for him . If he is just average, you could still get a 3rd or 4th considering all the teams still in need of grabbing a QB for their future.

So for all the criticism, if Tribusky is the guy he thinks he is, we will not remember all the critics of his decisions.

The cost is minimal and we end up going back to a winning tradition.

Just a thought, but if Cleveland knew we were drafting Trubisky, do you think they would have taken hom at #1? I thought I heard we kept Cle occupied by entertaining them with the #3 pick while we worked on moving up with SF. If what Moon reported has merit, we could have a steal and the funniest part is he was booed by his new hometown because people jump to conclusions to quickly. Pace has done pretty good for what he started with. We are to the point to needing one or two more drafts, probably two since we traded some picks to secure a QB.

Just a thought, but if Cleveland knew we were drafting Trubisky, do you think they would have taken hom at #1? I thought I heard we kept Cle occupied by entertaining them with the #3 pick while we worked on moving up with SF. If what Moon reported has merit, we could have a steal and the funniest part is he was booed by his new hometown because people jump to conclusions to quickly. Pace has done pretty good for what he started with. We are to the point to needing one or two more drafts, probably two since we traded some picks to secure a QB.

I think Cleve had to draft Garrett, but were trying to move back up to grab Trubisky but Pace surprised everyone when he went to get Tribusky. No one knew what we were doing. Cudos for Pace for keeping things so quiet.

I think we are farther along than most people think. I think we are one year set back in our development because this roster was in such bad shape. I think this draft will start to solidify the team and show results this year. Other than Jackson, most of this draft will need to develop but the high side of these players will start to show sometime this year.

Tribusky is still at least a year away , if not two, but developing a QB is not a one year deal.

Shaheen will contribute his first year. Something like 45- 480- 5. His upside will take him higher but at least will have some contributions while developing.

Cohen is in place to contribute in his first year. He will not only add as a RB but I think they will line him up in the slot to get him on the field more. Not a starter but an added weapon for D coordinators to worry about.

Jackson, should be a starter his first year.

Morgan will need a year or two to develop which works out well with the contract of Sitton.