About Those Wonderful 2018 QBs

AZ54

Might be a tad early to write these guys off as not as good as advertised yet. But I was having a hard time understating the talk about all the potentially great QBs in the 2018 draft as opposed to this years class. I'm glad Bucky did some researching about the same questions I had.

Darnold is the one I'd be most interested in.

I haven't liked much of what I've seen out of the UCLA QB, Rosen, but he has most of the physical tools needed to be a good pocket passer.

The Wyoming QB is not consistently accurate but he has a strong arm. Someone will fall in love with the "prototype" traits and take him early.

There are interesting QB prospects for next year, but none are guaranteed home runs and right now they look to need time to sit/groom also.. If you continue to read his articles, I like what he wrote about FSU S Derwin James. 6'3" 211 hits like a freight train, team leader, top 5 pick, combination of Jamal Adams and Rueben Foster. Maybe we get our S in 2018 draft?

There are interesting QB prospects for next year, but none are guaranteed home runs and right now they look to need time to sit/groom also.. If you continue to read his articles, I like what he wrote about FSU S Derwin James. 6'3" 211 hits like a freight train, team leader, top 5 pick, combination of Jamal Adams and Rueben Foster. Maybe we get our S in 2018 draft?

I saw that and immediately went to Draftbreakdown to see if they have any of his games from 2016. They don't. Regardless, I think an OT is more likely to be our 1st Rd pick next year.

I saw that and immediately went to Draftbreakdown to see if they have any of his games from 2016. They don't. Regardless, I think an OT is more likely to be our 1st Rd pick next year.

I'm a draft geek, searched for 2018 mock drafts the Sunday morning after the draft. I agree, I think we need a OLT and would love the kid from Notre Dame (McGlinchey) or Texas (Connor Williams). I wouldn't be surprised if we draft another edge rushers to play opposite of Floyd.