Trubisky. Steakhouse. James MacMahon...

madlithuanian

I absolutely agree. I meant "poor bastard" in terms of staying behind the OL experiment that didn't get OT help.

Otherwise everything is great for him. Chance to start, tons more money.

Correct. OT is sorely wanting. Let's see if they move players around to try and find an acceptable solution. We will struggle as long as our Oline has this problem.

I think Pace's plan all along was to use Glennon as an expensive smokescreen to get the QB he coveted. Then that smokescreen becomes a sacrificial lamb for one season, which will be enough time to get a few more draft picks and free agents. Pace doesn't care about 2017. Pace is setting up for 2018, and Glennon, that poor bastard, is going to be the scapegoat.

Man, if that was the plan, Pace is a genius. He had everyone fooled. I agree on the 2018 perspective, we are still a year away from seriously competing unless a few players make massive jumps this year.

Precisely.

But let's say Glennon does turn into a stud. In 2-3 years when he's dominating, and Trubisky has splinters in his rear, we'll be wishing we had a DE, OLB, or S to complement the team that will inevitably be missing a piece or three because there is a #2 overall pick riding the pine.

First of all, if you are talking about one draft pick, you are only being able to replace one player, not three. So if he is good, then he can bring that missing player back to you. You also have to consider, the fact in the first two drafts, he did not address the QB position, so that is two more players you have on the roster you would not have had before. Lets say, 4th round picks. The last two drafts would have been Jeremy Langford and Nick Kwiatkoski. Langford is a backup RB but can play in the NFL and Nick K will eventual be a starter. So if you are trying to make sense of this, we already have two players that have contributed to the roster.

Pace grab a player that can help us win the next two years in Glennon, and then grabbed the QB he think will be a star. Before the draft he did not know if he would be able to get his QB, so he hedged his bet. If he was right about both of them, then this was a genius move, if not then he could lose his job.

I absolutely agree. I meant "poor bastard" in terms of staying behind the OL experiment that didn't get OT help.

Otherwise everything is great for him. Chance to start, tons more money.

As far as the OL, if was much better than the year before, and Long was hurt for most of the year. This year will be better than last year. IF Massie plays like he did later in the year, he will be acceptable and Leno should improve. He is still the weak link on the OL but with obtaining Sims as a blocking TE, he will be moved to both sides to help out the OT spot. Also they are moving Long to LG to maximize his athleticism that will help out Leno. They are setting this up to be a better OL. With Grasu being back, with the signing of Kush. Bringing in some backup OTs will have improved the strength of the OL overall. Yes our OTs are the weak link but that will figure out a way to make it all work.

Glennon is a pocket passer, our strength is up the middle, you play some two TE sets, the OL will not be a problem for us this year. They tried to upgrade Massie in FA but they didnt get their guy at RT. So they went out and get the best blocking TE on the market that will add to the strength of the OL.

With Long being healthy, Whitehair getting better, the OL will be one of our strengths.

You might be right. But, it's also a bit of an insurance policy.

Glennon may be a lot of things. Poor ain't one of 'em...

I think Pace's plan all along was to use Glennon as an expensive smokescreen to get the QB he coveted. Then that smokescreen becomes a sacrificial lamb for one season, which will be enough time to get a few more draft picks and free agents. Pace doesn't care about 2017. Pace is setting up for 2018, and Glennon, that poor bastard, is going to be the scapegoat.

First of all, if you are talking about one draft pick, you are only being able to replace one player, not three. So if he is good, then he can bring that missing player back to you. You also have to consider, the fact in the first two drafts, he did not address the QB position, so that is two more players you have on the roster you would not have had before. Lets say, 4th round picks. The last two drafts would have been Jeremy Langford and Nick Kwiatkoski. Langford is a backup RB but can play in the NFL and Nick K will eventual be a starter. So if you are trying to make sense of this, we already have two players that have contributed to the roster.

Pace grab a player that can help us win the next two years in Glennon, and then grabbed the QB he think will be a star. Before the draft he did not know if he would be able to get his QB, so he hedged his bet. If he was right about both of them, then this was a genius move, if not then he could lose his job.

I don't agree with that line of thought. That's like saying every round the GM doesn't pick a QB is the same as a #3 pick overall in a loaded defensive draft. Sorry, but that's just not reality.

Your last comment is right though. It's complete bet-hedging, and it's ballsy. I think it was the wrong move, and so does most of the sports world, but it was definitely ballsy.

As far as the OL, if was much better than the year before, and Long was hurt for most of the year. This year will be better than last year. IF Massie plays like he did later in the year, he will be acceptable and Leno should improve. He is still the weak link on the OL but with obtaining Sims as a blocking TE, he will be moved to both sides to help out the OT spot. Also they are moving Long to LG to maximize his athleticism that will help out Leno. They are setting this up to be a better OL. With Grasu being back, with the signing of Kush. Bringing in some backup OTs will have improved the strength of the OL overall. Yes our OTs are the weak link but that will figure out a way to make it all work.

Glennon is a pocket passer, our strength is up the middle, you play some two TE sets, the OL will not be a problem for us this year. They tried to upgrade Massie in FA but they didnt get their guy at RT. So they went out and get the best blocking TE on the market that will add to the strength of the OL.

With Long being healthy, Whitehair getting better, the OL will be one of our strengths.

I don't think it will be. I think it will be worse than last year. I think they caught lightning in a bottle with Whitehair last year, and the new OL coach is going to dick it all up. Flipping guards is just the start. And Long isn't even healthy enough for OTAs, so his status right now is questionable.

I don't think it will be. I think it will be worse than last year. I think they caught lightning in a bottle with Whitehair last year, and the new OL coach is going to dick it all up. Flipping guards is just the start. And Long isn't even healthy enough for OTAs, so his status right now is questionable.

That is the difference of being a optimist and being a pessimist. Long will start out slow, but being they are bringing him along slow, will hopefully stay healthy the whole year. Whitehair is a stud and will only get better. I never understand why Bear fans wish bad juju on the Bears. I do not agree with everything but try to understand what their doing and always hope for the best.

I don't agree with that line of thought. That's like saying every round the GM doesn't pick a QB is the same as a #3 pick overall in a loaded defensive draft. Sorry, but that's just not reality.

Your last comment is right though. It's complete bet-hedging, and it's ballsy. I think it was the wrong move, and so does most of the sports world, but it was definitely ballsy.

I am not saying it is remotely close, my point was that was have two more players with the shot of being NFL type players. I think Nick K will be a starter in another year and will preform quite well. He may never be an all pro, but if he is a consistent contributor to our defense, I will say that is a good draft pick. As far as if we grabbed a , lets say a S, if he turns out all pro that is a very good thing. What if a top tier type S is already on the roster and have not developed yet. Bush,D. Hall, and then add the piece of Jackson, picking a top tier QB will have made all the sense in the world.

That is the difference of being a optimist and being a pessimist. Long will start out slow, but being they are bringing him along slow, will hopefully stay healthy the whole year. Whitehair is a stud and will only get better. I never understand why Bear fans wish bad juju on the Bears. I do not agree with everything but try to understand what their doing and always hope for the best.

You completely misunderstand.

I don't wish bad luck or bad results for the Bears. I just expect it. That's the difference. Hell, I want a 16-0 season and a mack truck straight through the playoffs. But I just don't think that will happen (obviously). And the reason I don't think it will happen is the various puzzling decisions the team continues to make year after year after year, which you and I constantly have to try to understand or figure out.

You completely misunderstand.

I don't wish bad luck or bad results for the Bears. I just expect it. That's the difference. Hell, I want a 16-0 season and a mack truck straight through the playoffs. But I just don't think that will happen (obviously). And the reason I don't think it will happen is the various puzzling decisions the team continues to make year after year after year, which you and I constantly have to try to understand or figure out.

They will only make sense if they work out.