Roy Robertson-Harris

AZ54

I'm still optimistic he's going to turn out to be a good player for us. I don't think that happens this year as he learns a new position. If he can still run well, and the offseason workout videos seem to show that he can, then special teams coverage could be his ticket to making the 53. Best case is he challenges Bullard for significant backup reps at DE. Or maybe that's the worst case because it means Bullard hasn't progressed as we hoped. If he sticks around, down the road I can see RRH in the LDE role when we are in a 4-man front.

IMO converting RRH to this role has better odds of success than when we converted Cornelius Washington to 3-4 DE. That worked out well for Washington who will make $2.3mil and then $3.5mil over each of the next two seasons.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...527-column.html

I'm still optimistic he's going to turn out to be a good player for us. I don't think that happens this year as he learns a new position. If he can still run well, and the offseason workout videos seem to show that he can, then special teams coverage could be his ticket to making the 53. Best case is he challenges Bullard for significant backup reps at DE. Or maybe that's the worst case because it means Bullard hasn't progressed as we hoped. If he sticks around, down the road I can see RRH in the LDE role when we are in a 4-man front.

IMO converting RRH to this role has better odds of success than when we converted Cornelius Washington to 3-4 DE. That worked out well for Washington who will make $2.3mil and then $3.5mil over each of the next two seasons.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Peace :dabears

I like his upside and he is working at trying to improve his body. At 6-7 285 and quick. I seen one video where the RB broke downfield for a run and from the opposite side of the field run the RB down. That is awesome. There will be a spot for him. Hicks-Goldman-Howard with Jenkins-Bullard- Robinson-Harris.

I like his upside also, just like I did for Washington. Hopefully he does better than Washington with staying healthy, having him in rotation would be a huge step as well as on ST. RRH establishing himself now will help make Paces life easier next season when both Hicks and Howard will both be FAs, I dont see them keeping both (most likely keep Hicks). Bullard will need to step up this season also, I think we see good things from him also.