Predicted receiving stats

Stinger226

Bear Goggles has had many articles on projected stats for players

Kevin White 2017 Projections: 11 games played, 57 catches, 735 yards, 12.9 YPC, 3 TDs

Victor Cruz 2017 Projections- 13 games, 46 catches, 653 yards, 14.2 YPC, 3 TDs

Markus Wheaton Projections: 31 catches, 363 yards, 11.7 YPC, 1 TD

Kendall Wright 2017 Projections- 51 catches, 571 yards, 11.2 YPC, 4 TDs

Dion Sims 2017 Projection- 31 catches, 292 yards, 9.4 YPC, 2 TDs

Adam Shaheen’s 2017 season- 12 catches, 132 yards, 11.0 YPC, 1 TD

Zach Miller 2017 Projections- 12 games played, 51 catches, 526 yards, 10.3 YPC, 5 TDs

Daniel Braverman 2017 Projections: 24 catches, 244 yards, 10.2 YPC, 1 TD

Cameron Meredith 2017 Projections- 87 catches, 1148 yards, 13.2 YPC, 6 TDs

2017 Jordan Howard Projections: 272 carries, 1306 yards, 4.8 YPC, 8 TDs, 37 catches, 380 yards, 2 TDs

Benny Cunningham 2017 Projections: 74 carries, 311 yards, 2 TDs, 31 catches, 276 yards, 0 TDs

Jeremy Langford’s 2017 Projections: 36 attempts, 133 yards, 1 TD, 9 catches, 81 yards, 0 TDs

Tarik Cohen 83 attempts, 473 yards, 5.7 avg, 3 TDs, 45 catches, 455 yards, 10.1 avg, 3 TDs,

Of all of these predictions, I think One of the new retread WRs have a bigger year than projected.

I think between Wheaton,Wright, and Cruz, Cruz ends up taking off and has a 60-800-7 type of season which would reduce the projected stats of Wright.

I also think White has a little better TD projection that the 3 they show. 6 TDs

Overall I think Shaheen has more production than 12 catches, more like 35.

I think Cohen having that type of year that Howards catches are down from the 37 they project.

I also dont think Braveman makes the team with Wright and cruz in the slot.

I think Kendall Wright gets cut because I don't think he has the work ethic to last at the NFL level. Plus among slot receivers I think Cruz offers more versatility in what he can do. I hope Wright proves me wrong.

If they are all healthy at the final cut down:

WRs: White, Meredith, Cruz, Wheaton (still has legit deep speed), and Bellamy (special teams is his ticket) I see Braverman and Gentry on the practice squad ready for call up duty.

I only see 5 WRs because I think we end up keeping 4 TEs as our we focus on the running game and providing good pass protection options for our inexperienced QBs: Miller, Brown, Sims, and Shaheen Brown and Miller both offer enough running routes from a number of spots, and both can be effective against LBs if split out.

Add in the human Joystick as a player who can fill in at times in the slot. Likely won't see that until later in the season as he settles in with the playbook.

Pace eats $250k in bonus money because the other $500k bonus is only if Wright makes the final roster. C'est la vie.

If my math is correct, that is 512 completions and 5,856 yards passing, both destroying NFL records.

These numbers are borderline laughable. Braverman won't make the active roster, and I would be shocked if Cunningham had that production. Also, I doubt Cohen has more than 20-30 rushes all year, if he even makes the team.

If my math is correct, that is 512 completions and 5,856 yards passing, both destroying NFL records.

Right! The Bears will be the best ever NFL passing offense of all time this year. I think EVERYONE knows that. :P

These numbers are borderline laughable. Braverman won't make the active roster, and I would be shocked if Cunningham had that production. Also, I doubt Cohen has more than 20-30 rushes all year, if he even makes the team.

Well some people are good with math and some people are good with words.

So what's the real prediction? I expect less passing, and more rushing this year.

Kevin White: 88 catches, 1045 yards, 8 TDs

Cameron Meredith- 45 catches, 580 yards, 6 TDs

Victor Cruz- 44 catches, 485 yards, 14.2 YPC, 3 TDs

Markus Wheaton: 31 catches, 363 yards, 1 TD

Kendall Wright- 18 catches, 305 yards, 4 TDs

Daniel Braverman: 4 catches, 45 yards, 0 TD

Zach Miller- 45 catches, 400 yards, 5 TDs

Adam Shaheen’s- 12 catches, 132 yards, 1 TD

Dion Sims - 11 catches, 175 yards, 2 TDs

This is just a complete shot in the dark. I'm hoping Kevin White explodes onto the scene, and finally justifies the draft pick. That leaves nothing but scraps for a lot of supplementary guys fighting for catches.

My prediction is Wright gets cut, and Braverman ends up on the P.S.

White 72-954 - 8

Meredith 44-526 - 3 (misses 4 games due to thumb injury)

Cruz 52-613 - 4

Miller 42-428 - 3

Wheaton 38-558 - 2

Sims 33-316- 3

Shaheen 20-216 - 2

This does not include RB's or other WR/TE's with less than 20 receptions. I think we have a QB change near the bye, so some guys get targeted more than others based on the QB and game plan.

I think White has a strong but not spectacular year, and the TE three-headed monster appears totaling 95-960 - 8 TDs not including a little from Brown. I think Shaheen starts the year slow but plays a bigger role the last 4 weeks. Cruz ends up with the 2nd most in all the categories.

My prediction is Wright gets cut, and Braverman ends up on the P.S.

White 72-954 - 8

Meredith 44-526 - 3 (misses 4 games due to thumb injury)

Cruz 52-613 - 4

Miller 42-428 - 3

Wheaton 38-558 - 2

Sims 33-316- 3

Shaheen 20-216 - 2

This does not include RB's or other WR/TE's with less than 20 receptions. I think we have a QB change near the bye, so some guys get targeted more than others based on the QB and game plan.

I think White has a strong but not spectacular year, and the TE three-headed monster appears totaling 95-960 - 8 TDs not including a little from Brown. I think Shaheen starts the year slow but plays a bigger role the last 4 weeks. Cruz ends up with the 2nd most in all the categories.

I think you make a realistic view of stats, but I think Meredith ends up closer to White and White closer to Merediths stats.

Meredith 72-856-5

White 66-903-6

Cruz 52-556-4

Wheaton 40-560-5

Cohen 44-462-4

Miller 40-410-3

Shaheen 32-330-6

Sims 30-310-2

Gentry 18-223-1

I agree Wright loses a roster spot but to Tanner Gentry makes the team.

I think you make a realistic view of stats, but I think Meredith ends up closer to White and White closer to Merediths stats.

Meredith 72-856-5

White 66-903-6

Cruz 52-556-4

Wheaton 40-560-5

Cohen 44-462-4

Miller 40-410-3

Shaheen 32-330-6

Sims 30-310-2

Gentry 18-223-1

I agree Wright loses a roster spot but to Tanner Gentry makes the team.

You think Bears QBs are going to throw for nearly 400 completions?

You think Bears QBs are going to throw for nearly 400 completions?

Last year we had 347 completions and 559 attempts and you could say our passing game was broke being down to our 3rd QB.

As much as Howard will be real good this year, we still will have to have a balanced attack to be successful.

We will be closer to 400 than 347.

Last year we had 347 completions and 559 attempts and you could say our passing game was broke being down to our 3rd QB.

As much as Howard will be real good this year, we still will have to have a balanced attack to be successful.

I figure between 360 and 380, on average about 23 a game.

I was thinking we'd go lower, not higher. Interesting.

I'm guessing around 20-21 completions per game. Ball control and running. If the numbers are much higher, than I expect it will be because there are a lot of catches coming out of the backfield.

I was thinking we'd go lower, not higher. Interesting.

I'm guessing around 20-21 completions per game. Ball control and running. If the numbers are much higher, than I expect it will be because there are a lot of catches coming out of the backfield.

I agree, we'll see more catches out of the backfield. That may include our newest FB Burton who reportedly can catch as well as block. If he makes the final roster he might have 20 receptions on the year. Just enough route running to make LBs question what the FB might do, and maybe he's just left uncovered for a few big gains.

I still think we'll see a lot of 2 TE sets so that drops the WR stats as well. They'll use 2 TEs for the running game and passing game. Shaheen is definitely a player to watch in the preseason. How well he's picking up the offense and blocking at the NFL level will determine a lot. Fortunately, he has a good role model in Sims to learn from.

We still have Miller who can line up at a variety of positions. Yet the fact Pace was/is willing to trade him means we're likely to be using the bigger TEs, or that he thinks Brown can contribute just as much as Miller. There's a lot more depth here than what we had heading into last season.

I agree, we'll see more catches out of the backfield. That may include our newest FB Burton who reportedly can catch as well as block. If he makes the final roster he might have 20 receptions on the year. Just enough route running to make LBs question what the FB might do, and maybe he's just left uncovered for a few big gains.

I still think we'll see a lot of 2 TE sets so that drops the WR stats as well. They'll use 2 TEs for the running game and passing game. Shaheen is definitely a player to watch in the preseason. How well he's picking up the offense and blocking at the NFL level will determine a lot. Fortunately, he has a good role model in Sims to learn from.

We still have Miller who can line up at a variety of positions. Yet the fact Pace was/is willing to trade him means we're likely to be using the bigger TEs, or that he thinks Brown can contribute just as much as Miller. There's a lot more depth here than what we had heading into last season.

I also think with teams stacking the box to stop Howard, we may have more passing stats than we think

I'll take a stab at it.

I took the actual past stats of Meredith, Wheaton, Cruz and Miller. I guessed at the others, on a spreadsheet looking to see what the totals would be.

Then I scaled all that by totals that more closely resemble the past performance of Mike Glennon, adjusted for 16 games.

So assuming that the final stats could be:

370 Completions, 3700 Yards (231 yards a game isnt so much) and 28 TDs,

wed be tied for 13th in the league in completions, 21st for yards (which makes sense if we are leaning more on TEs in the mix) and tied for 11th in TDs (our extra TE production pays dividends in the red zone, Shaheen and big bodied White specifically brings us up from the middle a bit. Optimistic maybe, but not by much, and certainly not pie in the sky or unreasonable assumptions.

the various receivers actual stats then scaled to result in those output totals is:

Meredith 69 catches, 866 yds, 4 TD, 13.5y/c - similar to last year

White 63 catches, 580 yds, 6 TD, 9.7y/c - has a decent year, bigger body used in red zone a little more, west coast

Cruz 42 catches, 586 yds, 5 TD, 14.7y/c - still slippery in the slot, hits a couple home runs, but starts to show his age

Wheaton 52 catches, 600 yds, 3 TD, 12.0y/c - most underrated. Could break out which would take catches and yards from Cruz, Meredith and/or White before adding more to the totals

Cohen 25 catches, 180 yds, 2 TD, 7.5y/c - screen player and 3rd down target

Miller 39 catches, 320 yds, 2 TD, 8.6 yds/catch will split stats with Shaheen, TEs will get a lot of targets, Miller's experience gives him the edge over Shaheen this year

Shaheen 42 catches, 300 yds, 5TD, 7.5y/c - will have a learning curve as a rookie, but his physical tools in the red zone will pay dividends as touchdowns

Sims 21 catches, 160 yds, 0 TD, 8y/c

Gentry 19 catches, 180 yds, 1TD, 10y/c - will make some plays in the slot, but more of a special situation guy

Obviously Meredith, White and/or Wheaton can excel and have a better year, and thereby limit the other two by stealing targets, and the roles of Cohen and Gentry can be overtaken by more from the TEs, but all in all I think this is a pretty good guess, and it is logical, based on past performance stats, scaled to fit a realistic year for Glennon based on his stats.

If you think I gave White, Cruz and/or Shaheen an extra touchdown, so be it. Otherwise, these are pretty solid numbers, and I think the Bears could realistically exceed them this year too.

I'll take a stab at it.

I took the actual past stats of Meredith, Wheaton, Cruz and Miller. I guessed at the others, on a spreadsheet looking to see what the totals would be.

Then I scaled all that by totals that more closely resemble the past performance of Mike Glennon, adjusted for 16 games.

So assuming that the final stats could be:

370 Completions, 3700 Yards (231 yards a game isnt so much) and 28 TDs,

wed be tied for 13th in the league in completions, 21st for yards (which makes sense if we are leaning more on TEs in the mix) and tied for 11th in TDs (our extra TE production pays dividends in the red zone, Shaheen and big bodied White specifically brings us up from the middle a bit. Optimistic maybe, but not by much, and certainly not pie in the sky or unreasonable assumptions.

the various receivers actual stats then scaled to result in those output totals is:

Meredith 69 catches, 866 yds, 4 TD, 13.5y/c - similar to last year

White 63 catches, 580 yds, 6 TD, 9.7y/c - has a decent year, bigger body used in red zone a little more, west coast

Cruz 42 catches, 586 yds, 5 TD, 14.7y/c - still slippery in the slot, hits a couple home runs, but starts to show his age

Wheaton 52 catches, 600 yds, 3 TD, 12.0y/c - most underrated. Could break out which would take catches and yards from Cruz, Meredith and/or White before adding more to the totals

Cohen 25 catches, 180 yds, 2 TD, 7.5y/c - screen player and 3rd down target

Miller 39 catches, 320 yds, 2 TD, 8.6 yds/catch will split stats with Shaheen, TEs will get a lot of targets, Miller's experience gives him the edge over Shaheen this year

Shaheen 42 catches, 300 yds, 5TD, 7.5y/c - will have a learning curve as a rookie, but his physical tools in the red zone will pay dividends as touchdowns

Sims 21 catches, 160 yds, 0 TD, 8y/c

Gentry 19 catches, 180 yds, 1TD, 10y/c - will make some plays in the slot, but more of a special situation guy

Obviously Meredith, White and/or Wheaton can excel and have a better year, and thereby limit the other two by stealing targets, and the roles of Cohen and Gentry can be overtaken by more from the TEs, but all in all I think this is a pretty good guess, and it is logical, based on past performance stats, scaled to fit a realistic year for Glennon based on his stats.

If you think I gave White, Cruz and/or Shaheen an extra touchdown, so be it. Otherwise, these are pretty solid numbers, and I think the Bears could realistically exceed them this year too.

Not bad but Howard without a reception? Also, no other RB other than Cohen with one? You would have to scale those numbers back even more to account for the RB's. Also, I can't see White having less than 10 yards per catch. That would be bad. So other than White and the lack of RB's in the totals (meaning that the 370-3700 would have to be reduced if you weren't including RBs.

Not bad but Howard without a reception? Also, no other RB other than Cohen with one? You would have to scale those numbers back even more to account for the RB's. Also, I can't see White having less than 10 yards per catch. That would be bad. So other than White and the lack of RB's in the totals (meaning that the 370-3700 would have to be reduced if you weren't including RBs.

Yup. Youre right. Anyhting Howard catches comes out of there.

I figured that White gets some of his catches west coast style and in the red zone, and that since hes still new he might not maximize YAC?