Anybody want Decker?

Stinger226

We keep having vets become available. I think Decker is on the downhill slide. His injury last year is not fully recovered.

I think we have thrown enough darts at the board in Cruz, Wheaton and Wright. Cruz is the only one 30 or older, so lets see how it plays out.

Decker is still dealing with healing where as Cruz is one year removed from his injury.

We have White and Meridith they are young and with upside so if we continue to bring in retreads it will lose snaps for the guys we need to keep moving forward.

So for Decker, no.

Decker not so much but David Harris does interest me. He's 33 and near the end of his career but with Trevathan likely to start the season on the PUP list and then struggle when he returns I wouldn't mind having Harris' veteran presence on the roster. He's more of a run defender and won't be capable of what Fangio wants in coverage but at least he should know where he's supposed to be.

Pace will likely wait to see how the market sets up for him and we have to consider what role Harris is willing to accept. Would he be ok if Kwit and Freeman start ahead of him? Pace will not want to do more than a 1yr deal but we have $26mil in cap space and if there's just a small bonus we can minimize risk in case some young player steps up. Who do we have competing for the 4th ILB spot? I think it's just Timu and a bunch of rookies.

Decker not so much but David Harris does interest me. He's 33 and near the end of his career but with Trevathan likely to start the season on the PUP list and then struggle when he returns I wouldn't mind having Harris' veteran presence on the roster. He's more of a run defender and won't be capable of what Fangio wants in coverage but at least he should know where he's supposed to be.

Pace will likely wait to see how the market sets up for him and we have to consider what role Harris is willing to accept. Would he be ok if Kwit and Freeman start ahead of him? Pace will not want to do more than a 1yr deal but we have $26mil in cap space and if there's just a small bonus we can minimize risk in case some young player steps up. Who do we have competing for the 4th ILB spot? I think it's just Timu and a bunch of rookies.

I think we only go after Harris if we know Tevathan will start the season on the PUP list. Otherwise, I think his presence will prohibit Kwit from moving forward.

Sure.

Part of me has no problem w/ the team signing a slew of these older guys that have some good history. Shotgun theory...one or 2 of the bunch could still make an impact. We have the cap space...sign a one year prove it deal and cut him if he sucks.

That said, I'd have no problem passing either. But, with Merideth dinged, White a big question mark...why not load up?

We keep having vets become available. I think Decker is on the downhill slide. His injury last year is not fully recovered.

I think we have thrown enough darts at the board in Cruz, Wheaton and Wright. Cruz is the only one 30 or older, so lets see how it plays out.

Decker is still dealing with healing where as Cruz is one year removed from his injury.

We have White and Meridith they are young and with upside so if we continue to bring in retreads it will lose snaps for the guys we need to keep moving forward.

So for Decker, no.

Read where Harris play has dropped off enough and that is why they did this. At 33 not worth grabbing.