Eric Kush Out for the Year

DABEARSDABOMB

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...#nt=oft02a-1gp2

Kush is out for the year with a torn hamstring. Whitehair has reportedly started practicing at guard while Grassu is taking the 1st team snaps at center. Presume we will be looking for a veteran. Morgan (our 5th round pick) should see his practice time increase as well.

Tough loss, I like Kush as a backup. This helps Grasu a lot. With Kyle Long slowly working his way back into action moving Whitehair out to LG makes sense. Morgan's a pretty good athlete I suspect he needs a year to get acclimated to the NFL.

Tough break... But we do have depth at the interior of the line. I know Whitehair did pretty darn good at center last year and you'd like to leave him there but one thing about this season concerning a shuffle in the interior of the line is this season we have 3 new QB so it's not like a long time QB/Center combo is getting disrupted. This does provide a good opportunity for Grasu to show what he's got. This all could work out well. And better to happen now than during the season, sucks for Kush, hoping for a full recovery.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...#nt=oft02a-1gp2

Kush is out for the year with a torn hamstring. Whitehair has reportedly started practicing at guard while Grassu is taking the 1st team snaps at center. Presume we will be looking for a veteran. Morgan (our 5th round pick) should see his practice time increase as well.

This OL is in a constant state of confusion. I wish they'd just get players where they do well and fill holes, instead of trying to move people.

Having said that, now is the time for the move of Whitehair to OG and Grasu back to C. It makes the most sense for the team, just like it did before the Kush injury. Of course, they are moving Long, again, so there's always the chance he won't be as good on the left side as he was on the right.

If I had my way, however, we'd be trying Whitehair out at OT rather than having him move from C to G, and having Sitton/Long switch spots. Ideal OL is:

Whitehair - Sitton - Grasu - Long - Massie

I like your thoughts on the OL...

If Grasu can make it as C, that would be a huge plus. I agree that if Whitehair could be the LT...man, would we be set.

This OL is in a constant state of confusion. I wish they'd just get players where they do well and fill holes, instead of trying to move people.

Having said that, now is the time for the move of Whitehair to OG and Grasu back to C. It makes the most sense for the team, just like it did before the Kush injury. Of course, they are moving Long, again, so there's always the chance he won't be as good on the left side as he was on the right.

If I had my way, however, we'd be trying Whitehair out at OT rather than having him move from C to G, and having Sitton/Long switch spots. Ideal OL is:

Whitehair - Sitton - Grasu - Long - Massie