Christian Jones

AZ54

Admittedly I've never liked much of what Jones has done on the field. Despite having outstanding athleticism he seemed to have little ability to diagnose a play and get into the right position to stop it. Now just two weeks into this camp and here's Jone's being listed as one of the most improved players. If true he along with Kwiatkoski could give us excellent depth at ILB. Jones ability to run (and hopefully cover TEs) fits better as the backup to Trevathan while Kwit's skills fit better behind Freeman. I don't expect Trevathan to get many plays in preseason so we'll get plenty of opportunity to compare Kwit and Jones.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalk-tal...2c-6a9a1d26ee18

Admittedly I've never liked much of what Jones has done on the field. Despite having outstanding athleticism he seemed to have little ability to diagnose a play and get into the right position to stop it. Now just two weeks into this camp and here's Jone's being listed as one of the most improved players. If true he along with Kwiatkoski could give us excellent depth at ILB. Jones ability to run (and hopefully cover TEs) fits better as the backup to Trevathan while Kwit's skills fit better behind Freeman. I don't expect Trevathan to get many plays in preseason so we'll get plenty of opportunity to compare Kwit and Jones.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/chalk-tal...2c-6a9a1d26ee18

I figure while Trevathan builds himself up, it will be a great opportunity for Kwit and Jones to showcase themselves and that is a good thing. Injuries suck, but they also create opportunities for new players. With Kush going down, Morgan and Grasu both get a lot more opportunity. I tend to like Kwit...just seems like an instinctual football player (in the limited sample size from last year). In general, I've largely liked a lot of guys Pace has brought in (once I saw them play). Early returns on Cohen/Shaheen have been super positive (and we all have spent a lot of timing talking Trubisky, who ultimately will define pace's draft...right or wrong), which is nice to see (albeit, all we are talking about is practice...but I'd rather people look good then the alternative). Hopefully Danny T and Kyle Long end up getting healthy though, cause both of them are pretty damn good football players when they are (and they both are recovering from some pretty serious injuries).