Fox on the hot seat

OmahaBear

How many games does Fox need to win this year to save his job.

I would say 6, but I do not see a problem with them doing that. I actually think they will have a winning record. The reason Fox did not have his typical bump in his second year was because the roster was in worst shape that expected and they had the worst injury situation in the league. I think he finishes his contract here.

I would say 6, but I do not see a problem with them doing that. I actually think they will have a winning record. The reason Fox did not have his typical bump in his second year was because the roster was in worst shape that expected and they had the worst injury situation in the league. I think he finishes his contract here.

this is what i am hoping for. we went from amateur coaching to a pro coaching staff. fox brings in GREAT assistants and keeps the locker room on an even keel. i don't see a plus for getting rid of him at this point. we don't need the merry-go-round of coaching staffs certainly at this point in a complete rebuild. it would be mass confusion again for the players working with new assistants and coaching philosophy.

this is what i am hoping for. we went from amateur coaching to a pro coaching staff. fox brings in GREAT assistants and keeps the locker room on an even keel. i don't see a plus for getting rid of him at this point. we don't need the merry-go-round of coaching staffs certainly at this point in a complete rebuild. it would be mass confusion again for the players working with new assistants and coaching philosophy.

I am on the consistency wagon also. No more regime changes. I don't think it is the coach that brought us the past two losing records but more so the personnel. We are at the point we could use one more draft to solidify the LT, then the offensive core is set for years.

Obviously a winning record helps.

Anything is is up in the air. I think it's more how we play, how close are games, is Tru in there improving? Are we on an upward swing towards the end? Do we play well and beat some of our divisional foes? Ultimately, does he still have the respect of the team? So much would factor in.

All that said, and I think Pace wants to bring in "his" guy. From what I've read, Fox was sort of thrust upon him. If Fox is doing well, Pace will leave it alone, if not, I'm sure he will want to make a change...

Another losing season and it gives him all the ammunition he needs. To the best of my recollection, no Bears coach in the history of the team has survived three losing season in a row...

And in the end, I think fox needs to no no less than 7-9 with an upward swing at the end or he's gone. Or we go something like 0-10, Tru comes in and we end up 6-10, or 5-11. Something like that - that shows a significant upwards trend.

How many games does Fox need to win this year to save his job.

I am on the consistency wagon also. No more regime changes. I don't think it is the coach that brought us the past two losing records but more so the personnel. We are at the point we could use one more draft to solidify the LT, then the offensive core is set for years.

Yeah I agree. The last 2 yrs I can't put on Fox. It was more based on design. We got rid of anyone who didn't fit the scheme we were looking to run, anyone on wrong side of 30 that there contract allowed us to cut without huge cap problems. Which is why Cutler had to wait til this yr. I think I've heard 80 of the 90 man roster has turned over since pace/fox took over. The last time we saw this much turn over in a short period of time I think was Seattle and they have done very well especially since they fixed the QB situation they had. Now I don't know if we will have the same luck but we can't keep changing up coaching staff every couple yrs. That is no way to win

Yeah I agree. The last 2 yrs I can't put on Fox. It was more based on design. We got rid of anyone who didn't fit the scheme we were looking to run, anyone on wrong side of 30 that there contract allowed us to cut without huge cap problems. Which is why Cutler had to wait til this yr. I think I've heard 80 of the 90 man roster has turned over since pace/fox took over. The last time we saw this much turn over in a short period of time I think was Seattle and they have done very well especially since they fixed the QB situation they had. Now I don't know if we will have the same luck but we can't keep changing up coaching staff every couple yrs. That is no way to win

In one of the Friday papers either the Sun Times or Daily Herald there was an article that said only 11 guys drafted or acquired by Phil Emery remain with the team and off the top of my head Long, Fuller, Leno jr.,Odonnell,Miller, Christian Jones and I think Cam Meredith as well as McManus are 7 guys linked to Emery. I'm stomped on the remaining 4! Help!

In one of the Friday papers either the Sun Times or Daily Herald there was an article that said only 11 guys drafted or acquired by Phil Emery remain with the team and off the top of my head Long, Fuller, Leno jr.,Odonnell,Miller, Christian Jones and I think Cam Meredith as well as McManus are 7 guys linked to Emery. I'm stomped on the remaining 4! Help!

You listed 8. Carey was drafted by Emery. Houston and Young were signed by Emery. Boggs was from Emery, left and came back. Miller was a Pace acquisition.