Trubisky made PFF's team of the week

BearFan2000

Trubisky's debut sure made the rounds and turned heads last weekend. At PFF he made their preseason week 1 team of the week. If he keeps up the level of play he showed last Thursday he's going to make a lot of "experts" eat large quantities of crow pie. We Bears fans have long suffered through poor QB play, it's exciting to think we possibly could finally have a legit franchise QB. No one will care about the move up one spot to take him. It is only one preseason game, and it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but a lot of "experts" talked a lot of crap about the pick, and how it all went down.

PFF Preseason week 1 team of the week

Trubisky's debut sure made the rounds and turned heads last weekend. At PFF he made their preseason week 1 team of the week. If he keeps up the level of play he showed last Thursday he's going to make a lot of "experts" eat large quantities of crow pie. We Bears fans have long suffered through poor QB play, it's exciting to think we possibly could finally have a legit franchise QB. No one will care about the move up one spot to take him. It is only one preseason game, and it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but a lot of "experts" talked a lot of crap about the pick, and how it all went down.

PFF Preseason week 1 team of the week

Your absolutely right. If he turns into a franchise QB no one will even flinch at the cost to move up 1 spot. In this league that's the most important position right now. If you have 1 then you have a shot every yr if you don't then good luck

He has a very long way to go to get the playbook down. No matter what happens the rest of preseason Glennon should be the starter in week 1 because Trubisky won't be ready for NFL defenses. If after 4 weeks Glennon is still playing as poorly as he has in training camp then make the switch to the rookie. That at least gives Trubisky 4 weeks to see on film what NFL defenses are doing against our offense.

If Glennon and the offense are coming around and playing ok then just let it play out for a few more weeks.

I don't see Glennon holding off Trubisky all season long, and in any case we aren't a likely playoff team. Either way Trubisky should absolutely get a few starts to end the season.

The problem with Glennon is that he looks worse than Trubisky overall. Whether they are in individual drills, 7 v 7, 11 v 11, scrimmage, or preseason game. Glennon doesn't seem as comfortable in the pocket and when Trubisky came into the game, everyone, including the sideline had a jump in their step. Now with all this media attention, I can't imagine Glennon getting better if he is feeling the pressure.

The problem with Glennon is that he looks worse than Trubisky overall. Whether they are in individual drills, 7 v 7, 11 v 11, scrimmage, or preseason game. Glennon doesn't seem as comfortable in the pocket and when Trubisky came into the game, everyone, including the sideline had a jump in their step. Now with all this media attention, I can't imagine Glennon getting better if he is feeling the pressure.

He is not nearly as good a QB talent as Trubisky. That doesn't change the equation if the rookie isn't ready. You only had to see the look on Glennon's face when Trubisky led that 2min scoring drive to end the first half to know he won't handle this well. Nonetheless, it is still better to throw Glennon to the wolves early in the season. Then at least the expectation bar for Trubisky won't be that high if he stumbles, as he surely will.

If we go the other way and Trubisky stumbles big early then it won't be so easy to go in reverse with Glennon. In fact, the Bears will get torched publicly for buying an $18mil insurance policy against having to use the rookie early and then not using it.

The only thing I really want to see early is that Trubisky earns the official 2nd string QB job so that he's getting plenty of reps in practice and these preseason games against and with better players.

He is not nearly as good a QB talent as Trubisky. That doesn't change the equation if the rookie isn't ready. You only had to see the look on Glennon's face when Trubisky led that 2min scoring drive to end the first half to know he won't handle this well. Nonetheless, it is still better to throw Glennon to the wolves early in the season. Then at least the expectation bar for Trubisky won't be that high if he stumbles, as he surely will.

If we go the other way and Trubisky stumbles big early then it won't be so easy to go in reverse with Glennon. In fact, the Bears will get torched publicly for buying an $18mil insurance policy against having to use the rookie early and then not using it.

The only thing I really want to see early is that Trubisky earns the official 2nd string QB job so that he's getting plenty of reps in practice and these preseason games against and with better players.

They can't help that they signed Glennon before drafting Trubisky. I almost wish the draft was before the FA period. At the time of the Glennon signing, I don't know how confident they were in their "draft day" plan. So if Trubisky fell through, then they would have Glennon to fall back on and hope he would improve from his days at TB.

I see this similar to SEA and Wilson, and Prescott in DAL. Both were rookies on teams where they had veterans and were not expected to start year one. SEA is probably more similar as they signed Flynn to be their starting QB. He played bad and Wilson played great and never looked back. I see our situation as very similar. Where Prescott's situation is similar is in the game plan. We need to build on a basic game plan and expand as fast as Trubisky, Shaheen, and Cohen can handle.

I don't think this is a David Carr situation where HOU had no offensive line and the dude was getting sacked before he received the ball from the center. We have a very good O-Line and have a variety of weapons. I think you give Glennon another shot in Preseason Game #2, but if he has another poor game, you have to look at giving Trubisky the nod for Week #3 and have him start the opener.

They can't help that they signed Glennon before drafting Trubisky. I almost wish the draft was before the FA period. At the time of the Glennon signing, I don't know how confident they were in their "draft day" plan. So if Trubisky fell through, then they would have Glennon to fall back on and hope he would improve from his days at TB.

I see this similar to SEA and Wilson, and Prescott in DAL. Both were rookies on teams where they had veterans and were not expected to start year one. SEA is probably more similar as they signed Flynn to be their starting QB. He played bad and Wilson played great and never looked back. I see our situation as very similar. Where Prescott's situation is similar is in the game plan. We need to build on a basic game plan and expand as fast as Trubisky, Shaheen, and Cohen can handle.

I don't think this is a David Carr situation where HOU had no offensive line and the dude was getting sacked before he received the ball from the center. We have a very good O-Line and have a variety of weapons. I think you give Glennon another shot in Preseason Game #2, but if he has another poor game, you have to look at giving Trubisky the nod for Week #3 and have him start the opener.

Honestly who knows for sure what we have for an oline. Health is the big key there I think

Agreed

When the blitzes come, etc, I would be very surprised if Glennon wasn't better then Trubisky. I think the speed at which Trubisky is growing is huge though (and it doesn't help that Glennon isn't playing up to his capabilities, which is shrinking the gap). The biggest question when you draft an NFL QB to me is how smart are they and how quickly are they able to develop, learn to read defenses, etc. You think about Prescott and no one thought he could read D's like he did his rookie year...the game film didn't back it up, but there are a lot of stories about how much he worked and just how quick he was and it shined through during his first year (he also was put in a great position to succeed). Trubisky is going to have learning moments and I like the idea of not just throwing him to the wolves and letting him continue to learn the craft...that said, I also like the fact that he is forcing things early with his play...but it was still one half of one preseason game. Excited to see Saturday and please note if he has a massive stinker, it doesn't mean he stinks either. I would expect him to not play as well as he did last week...that said, if he kicks butt again, I'll be super fired up!!!

Yes...what you say...all of it.