Rookie QB Comparison

adam

Interesting seeing how each of the QB's are looking so far:

Mahomes 17-23, 73.9%, 137 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sack, 128.1 QB Rating

Kizer 11-18, 61.1%, 184 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 3 Sacks, 114.1 QB Rating

Trubisky 24-33, 72.7%, 226 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sack, 111.4 QB Rating

Watson 18-35, 51.4%, 281 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, 3 Sacks, 78.4 QB Rating

Obviously the numbers alone don't tell the whole story, otherwise Cooper Rush, QB from DAL would be the league MVP right now.

However, after watching some of these games, I would say that Trubisky seems the most consistent and calm, Mahomes has made some pretty high difficulty throws, Kizer has shown flashes (boom or bust), and Watson's best attributes are his legs.

An interesting observation, none have thrown an INT yet.

Interesting seeing how each of the QB's are looking so far:

Mahomes 17-23, 73.9%, 137 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sack, 128.1 QB Rating

Kizer 11-18, 61.1%, 184 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 3 Sacks, 114.1 QB Rating

Trubisky 24-33, 72.7%, 226 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sack, 111.4 QB Rating

Watson 18-35, 51.4%, 281 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, 3 Sacks, 78.4 QB Rating

Obviously the numbers alone don't tell the whole story, otherwise Cooper Rush, QB from DAL would be the league MVP right now.

However, after watching some of these games, I would say that Trubisky seems the most consistent and calm, Mahomes has made some pretty high difficulty throws, Kizer has shown flashes (boom or bust), and Watson's best attributes are his legs.

An interesting observation, none have thrown an INT yet.

It is interesting to look at the numbers. I'd say this years QB class could prove to be better than advertised and reenforce perspective GM's choice in drafting them. In other ways they are matching up to their scouting reports. I watched Kizer at ND and he is boom/bust. Watson is more of the running type QB like a Cam Newton, Trubisky is more of the pocket passer but has mobility and pocket presence to make the most of his accuracy both from the pocket and on the move. Mahomes is a lot like a young Jay Cutler I thought Houston gave a bit too much for him but we'll see. He has the tools but like Cutler can get sloppy in his mechanics but will make highlight throws. Small sample size but will be interesting how the numbers look with real games.

I watched some of Kizer's first game with the Browns. He doesn't compare to Trubisky so at least here the numbers are irrelevant. I've only seen a small amount of Watson's plays but it seems his highlights are mostly running but it's a small sample. Watson is an intelligent player and I won't be surprised to see him be their starter but I'll wait to see him under pressure. I haven't seen anything from Mahomes but he's the one rookie who needs time to learn behind a "play it safe" Alex Smith.