T J Ward Cut

Pixote

The Denver Broncos have cut T. J. Ward, Pro Bowl strong safety.

I know we got Demps in FA and drafted Jackson but I have to believe we have more than enough room and cap space to bring in a 30 year old player to bolster a position we have needed strengthening since Mike Brown departed.

I would prefer a pro bowl CB or a OLT that is a big upgrade over what we currently have starting.

However, since the likelihood of finding either at this stage is slim to none, T. J. Ward looks mighty fine to me.

I'd have been interested months ago. Even though it's now reported Ward is headed elsewhere (Tampa I think) I doubted the Bears would make a change with Demps. That's in part because of the working relationship Demps appears to have with Eddie Jackson. Demps is the present but if he's a good fit for helping the future (Jackson) then we should stick with it. Demps isn't a special player nor as good as Ward, but he's a good player. We can take that money we'd use on Ward and put it toward a new contract for Hicks.