Who is the most important Bear?

adam

Who is the most important Bear?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most important Bear to succeed this year?

• Mike Glennon
    • Mitchell Trubisky
    • Jordan Howard
    • Kevin White
    • Leonard Floyd
    • Akiem Hicks
    • Quintin Demps
    • Charles Leno Jr.
    • Prince Amukamara
    • Jerrell Freeman

Howard, easy. He's the star of the offense. Glennon and rookie Trub have minimal difference.

Most importantly when? Trubisky is hands down the franchise, so he is the long term piece. After that I would put Floyd in the circle. Howard is big, but RBs can be found. Howard and Cohen are late picks and will be a force.

The defense not the offense will carry this team therefore Floyd is most critical. We lost Houston and McPhee is very suspect in his ability to stay on the field. That leaves Floyd and Willie Young as the mainstays. Willie has already shown that he's not an every down player and when he plays heavy snaps his performance drops off quite a bit. Lose Floyd and we have nothing off the edge. In fact, we need to start scouting OLB prospects for the 1st Rd next year. The lack of OLB depth, especially now while McPhee rounds into game shape makes me suspect we'll see RRH line up at LDE on downs if we're in a 4-man front. After what I saw him do at the Cards game he still has the athleticism to handle the edge well.

Behind Floyd I'd say Kevin White but he's less of a proven commodity so it's harder to quantify what we'd lose without him. I think Cohen has shown enough to make Howard less critical and he (Cohen) could still pair up with Cunningham and we'd have an effective running game.

I voted Kevin White because if Howard and the oline performs to a similar level as last year if White is successful to me this means he will be the player Pace thought he would be. This will make a major difference to the offence because teams won't want to leave themselves open to the deep play and therefore have a play a balanced scheme so giving the TE's, other WR's and the RB's potential for greater productivity.

The defense other than the secondary is extremely strong and all evaluations I have seen indicate it could be top 10. If White is a deep threat and catches the majority of balls thrown his way then his play will have the most impact on the teams win and losses.

Most importantly when? Trubisky is hands down the franchise, so he is the long term piece. After that I would put Floyd in the circle. Howard is big, but RBs can be found. Howard and Cohen are late picks and will be a force.

I took it to mean important this year.

After all, the question inside the poll says, "Who is the most important Bear to succeed this year?"