Mitch moved to #2

'TD'

“He earned it,” coach John Fox told reporters Wednesday before practice. “It’s not something we handed him for any particular reason other than he earned it.”

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...82-fd0230b38256

Nice positive read

He passed up Mark "Butt fumble" Sanchez who got about 10 reps during all of the preseason? All Biscuit had to do was keep breathing to 'win' the second spot.

He passed up Mark "Butt fumble" Sanchez who got about 10 reps during all of the preseason? All Biscuit had to do was keep breathing to 'win' the second spot.

They knew Sanchez from film, didnt need the preseason reps.

I think what they meant is that he's progressed in taking snaps from center and reading defenses to the point where they could trust him out there. Given that he's the #2 pick overall, it's not a question of talent or ability, he's really just competing against himself i.e. showing when he's ready.

They knew Sanchez from film, didnt need the preseason reps.

I think what they meant is that he's progressed in taking snaps from center and reading defenses to the point where they could trust him out there. Given that he's the #2 pick overall, it's not a question of talent or ability, he's really just competing against himself i.e. showing when he's ready.

Fox and others around the team even said they are surprised at how quickly he picked things up and how he just gets it. And doesn't get rattled. Bodes well for the future if he can keep this up. What I really want to see is the 1st few weeks I want to see the oline pass protection. I need to feel good about that before I ever even think about putting trubisky out there. If they can't protect Glennon then I don't want to see trubisky. We've seen all to often how many QBs get ruined because of bad oline play. And while yes on paper this is going to be a great line I need to see it especially ppl like sitton and long actually play and stay healthy. I very much question this oline but they can shut my doubts up rather quickly as well

Fox and others around the team even said they are surprised at how quickly he picked things up and how he just gets it. And doesn't get rattled. Bodes well for the future if he can keep this up. What I really want to see is the 1st few weeks I want to see the oline pass protection. I need to feel good about that before I ever even think about putting trubisky out there. If they can't protect Glennon then I don't want to see trubisky. We've seen all to often how many QBs get ruined because of bad oline play. And while yes on paper this is going to be a great line I need to see it especially ppl like sitton and long actually play and stay healthy. I very much question this oline but they can shut my doubts up rather quickly as well

wisdom