White is done

Connorbear

Does this mean there is no chance of him coming off injured reserve later in the year. If surgery isn't required then it would take 4 to 6 weeks for the injury to heal. I believe this is a fractured scapula and not the clavicle.

If he healed quickly could he be available after the bye week to play the packers?

The Bears are saying season ending surgery.

Peace :dabears

The Bears are saying season ending surgery.

Rich Campbell from the Tribune said this in his article:

"As for White, the Bears will put him on I.R. this week to open a roster spot with the understanding that, generally, recovery from a fractured shoulder can require at least two months. By rule, White would have to spend six weeks on I.R. before the Bears could designate him to return. He would have to spend a total of eight weeks on I.R. before he could return to game action."

I guess it is possible but I see it as highly unlikely.

What is the point, someone like Gentry has shown more in his small sample size than White has shown as a top 10 pick? They kept putting him back in there, but it was clear that he never looked the same after the first surgery (which is understandable).

The decision to move on from Jeffery is even a bigger bad decision now.

Where is Wheaton, it would be nice to see what we paid for there as well?

A broken scapula does not take 16 weeks to heal. White may be frequently injured, but he's not Derrick Rose. It shouldn't take him a full year to recover from this. I would like to think he'll be back at some point this year. It's now or never for him. He doesn't have time to dick around. If he can come back, he absolutely should.

What is the point, someone like Gentry has shown more in his small sample size than White has shown as a top 10 pick? They kept putting him back in there, but it was clear that he never looked the same after the first surgery (which is understandable).

Wheaton is healing from his broken pinky finger. He practiced this past week with a cast on. Hopefully, he will be playing soon. I don't understand how we are in the same situation as last year depending on Bellamy and Thompson to make plays for us.

I think this is the end of his Bears career. Sorry to see.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-de...lFlowFB_CHBrand

Moose Muhammad was right all along. Chicago is were WRs go to die. Too bad for KW, he seemed like a decent kid that had literally bad breaks. I would prefer not to draft WR #1 next year. Tennessee had a good build plan for Mariota, build run game, defense, o-line, and have a good TE before spending big on WR to give the QB the safe tools to get accumulated. The Bears need a piece or two on the o-line and 2-3 pieces on D yet. Find a vet WR and draft a 3-5 round prospect instead.

I am much happier seeing Alshon's money being spent on Akiem Hicks. I suppose Jeffrey's 3 receptions and 38 yards could have made the difference for us versus Bellamy who had 3 rec and 27 yards in the 4th quarter.

I am much happier seeing Alshon's money being spent on Akiem Hicks. I suppose Jeffrey's 3 receptions and 38 yards could have made the difference for us versus Bellamy who had 3 rec and 27 yards in the 4th quarter.

[/quote

The pick of White will have to be considered a bust, but bad luck on Whites injuries is something you can't for see. He is just brittle and nothing going in showed you that.

Jeffery didnt want to be here, we made him an offer, he took a one year prove it deal.

I think Wheaton will be our deep threat when he comes back and Tanner will give us a decent shot.

This is a weak spot but not by design. We have a strong run game and TEs will just have to carry the load on the reception stat.

I think this is the end of his Bears career. Sorry to see.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-de...lFlowFB_CHBrand

Doesn't he have one more year on his rookie deal? If so, I'd think the Bears would let next year play out for him here. If it works, great, if not then he's gone.

Doesn't he have one more year on his rookie deal? If so, I'd think the Bears would let next year play out for him here. If it works, great, if not then he's gone.

Yes he does. He'll likely be here next year, especially given our lack of depth at the position, but we won't pick up his 5th year option. He's going to be in a similar spot to what Fuller went through this offseason and training camp. He'll probably end up in a similar spot too and be a backup WR (Fuller is a backup CB).

Yes he does. He'll likely be here next year, especially given our lack of depth at the position, but we won't pick up his 5th year option. He's going to be in a similar spot to what Fuller went through this offseason and training camp. He'll probably end up in a similar spot too and be a backup WR (Fuller is a backup CB).

Personally think keeping him is a better option than letting him loose. Gotta think he'll manage to put it together.

I also agree. Do not pick up 5th year option (unless he returns this year and proves to be a legitimate #1 WR)

Then let him play year 4 on his rookie deal to have one last opportunity to prove he can be worth resigning.

(When do you have to decide on the 5th year option, is it before year 4 begins?)

Moose Muhammad was right all along. Chicago is were WRs go to die. Too bad for KW, he seemed like a decent kid that had literally bad breaks. I would prefer not to draft WR #1 next year. Tennessee had a good build plan for Mariota, build run game, defense, o-line, and have a good TE before spending big on WR to give the QB the safe tools to get accumulated. The Bears need a piece or two on the o-line and 2-3 pieces on D yet. Find a vet WR and draft a 3-5 round prospect instead.

THANK YOU.

We have the RBs of the future.

We have the QB of the future.

We have the TE of the future.

We have a good interior OL.

Draft a freaking tackle, or two.

THANK YOU.

I agree but with that said, the OTs had decent blocking grades.

The defense stuffed the run, limited Jones and the oline limited beaselys effectiveness. We were good but a dew mistakes blow us up. We are just not good enough yet to win with mistakes.

THANK YOU.

Depends on were we pick, but OLB or OT would be my RD1 targets and not in any order. CB and WR would be my RD4 targets, draft one and sign a veteran. This team can make a huge jump with another pass rusher to pair with Floyd and a young bookend OT.

RD1 OLB Arden Key, Dorance Armstrong Jr, or Harold Landry since McPhee can't stay healthy and Young is getting up there in age.

RD2 OT - Massie's contract expires after 2018. Drafting a OT to be at least a swing OT needs to be priority.

RD4 WR -

RD4 CB

RD5 SS/ILB

RD6-ILB/SS

RD7-BPA