Mario Alford- new guy

Stinger226

Is he on the practice squad or main roster? If he is on the main roster, I presume that means we are not elevating Gentry from practice squad.

What I read (Chicago Sun-Times) was that along with the signing of Alford that they were also expecting the promotion of Gentry from the Practice Squad to the main roster. Nothing confirmed but it sounded like they were pretty certain.

Alford is fast, running the 40-yard dash in 4.32 and 4.27 seconds at his pro day in 2015. (per the Sun-Times).

What I read (Chicago Sun-Times) was that along with the signing of Alford that they were also expecting the promotion of Gentry from the Practice Squad to the main roster. Nothing confirmed but it sounded like they were pretty certain.

Alford is fast, running the 40-yard dash in 4.32 and 4.27 seconds at his pro day in 2015. (per the Sun-Times).

He joins the practice squad and Tanner gets his shot

Wheaton is a more proven player then White ever was, so getting him back should actually enhance the WR corps (from where we stood last week).

So your saying IF he returns we would be a step above a D3 college program of a wr Corp lol. Sure Wheaton is more proven than white. But is that what we are hanging out hat on. Wheaton is another guy who has struggled with injuries in the past and ever since joining us. I hope it's a step up but at this point who really knows

So your saying IF he returns we would be a step above a D3 college program of a wr Corp lol. Sure Wheaton is more proven than white. But is that what we are hanging out hat on. Wheaton is another guy who has struggled with injuries in the past and ever since joining us. I hope it's a step up but at this point who really knows

Haha - I thought we had the worse receiving corps in the league before Meredith and White went down, so I don't even know what to say now, haha. I bet there are some D1 teams who have better talent in their receiving corps than the Bears.