Patriots work out Braverman

adam

It would be our luck that this guy turns into a Slot WR guru in NE where he never caught a pass for us in a regular season.

New England Patriots fans who were rooting for Austin Carr to make the team can shift their focus to a new underdog slot receiver. The Patriots worked out former Chicago Bears and Western Michigan receiver Daniel Braverman, according to ESPN’s Mike Reiss.

Braverman was one of a handful of veteran free agents New England took a look at this week. Quarterback Mitch Leidner, receiver Tevaun Smith, receiver Jahad Thomas and receiver Bryan Walters worked out with the team, according to ESPN.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/1...-slot-receiver/

I wish him luck. I'm not sure at this point he'll be a stud slot WR but he may yet be an effective one, especially in New England's scheme. He just wasn't good enough to be part of a weak WR corps here, and really not good enough to deserve a practice squad spot which went to Gentry. Titus Davis outplayed Braverman in the preseason too and he's not even on our team.

I just thought it was interesting considering we have one of the worse WR corps in the league and they are the SB champions.

That's true. We'll see how many Hall of Fame WRs Brady takes with him. Other than Randy Moss at the end of his career the list of his WRs non-Patriots fans could recite is very short. Elite QBs get by with decent/good WRs year after year. Who has Drew Brees been throwing to these last 5 years when he's averaged 5,000 yards per season?

That's true. We'll see how many Hall of Fame WRs Brady takes with him. Other than Randy Moss at the end of his career the list of his WRs non-Patriots fans could recite is very short. Elite QBs get by with decent/good WRs year after year. Who has Drew Brees been throwing to these last 5 years when he's averaged 5,000 yards per season?

Colston and Graham. Then mix and match with Cooks now in NE also Sproles was in the mix 5 years ago I believe.