Baltimore cuts Jeremy Langford

ASHKUM BEAR

Jeremy Langford was released by Baltimore today. That didn't last long. Since Howard has a shoulder injury and Cunningham a knee, should the Bears reach back out to Langford? Can a free agent be signed to the practice squad or does he have to be on the active roster? He knows the offense and if Howard shoulder doesn't improve, Langford can step in and be at least better as a receiver. If we can sign him to the PS, I am for it.

Jeremy Langford was released by Baltimore today. That didn't last long. Since Howard has a shoulder injury and Cunningham a knee, should the Bears reach back out to Langford? Can a free agent be signed to the practice squad or does he have to be on the active roster? He knows the offense and if Howard shoulder doesn't improve, Langford can step in and be at least better as a receiver. If we can sign him to the PS, I am for it.

Practice Squad is only for players with less than 2 yrs of NFL service. So I think he is out for the PS.

I believe 3rd year players are eligible for the practice squad but it depends on how many games they played in. If they think the injuries are serious enough to warrant a move then why not. I don't get the sense that Howard's shoulder is a big concern and the staff seems to like Mizzell. Maybe we'll find out why today.