Waiting...

madlithuanian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be either week 5 (against Minny Oct. 9) or after the bye week on Nov. 12. I would say Nov. 12 probably makes the most sense. It give his two weeks to practice with the starters.

Peace :dabears

So would he be worse prepared for Nov 12th if he started Week 3 or better prepared? If you think 2 weeks practicing with starters is better than 1, then 6 weeks of practicing and playing as the #1 would be light years better than 2 weeks of practice.

At this point the limiting factor is Glennon. There is zero threat for him to leave the pocket (or move in it for that matter). That frees up one defender. Since Glennon cannot throw past 10 yards, they are now stacking the box. They took away the outside run for Cohen and Howard couldn't get out of the backfield with 8 defenders at the LOS.

Hoyer was similar to Glennon where he couldn't throw the deep ball, but at least Hoyer was mobile and at least threatened to run. Glennon doesn't even have that. They can rush 3-4 and safely know that they can just blanket the 4-5 skill position players going into routes with 7-8 players. It is like we are playing 10 vs 12.

Also, Glennon was supposed to take care of the ball. One turnover is bad, 3, with his skill set is a cut-worthy performance. He made no pass that Trubisky couldn't make.

I am sure Trubisky will have his share of mistakes, but it cannot be worse than what we are seeing out of Glennon right now. He has performed way worse than I could've ever imagined. Saw red flags in preaseason and he has been worse than that in the regular season.

So would he be worse prepared for Nov 12th if he started Week 3 or better prepared? If you think 2 weeks practicing with starters is better than 1, then 6 weeks of practicing and playing as the #1 would be light years better than 2 weeks of practice.

At this point the limiting factor is Glennon. There is zero threat for him to leave the pocket (or move in it for that matter). That frees up one defender. Since Glennon cannot throw past 10 yards, they are now stacking the box. They took away the outside run for Cohen and Howard couldn't get out of the backfield with 8 defenders at the LOS.

Hoyer was similar to Glennon where he couldn't throw the deep ball, but at least Hoyer was mobile and at least threatened to run. Glennon doesn't even have that. They can rush 3-4 and safely know that they can just blanket the 4-5 skill position players going into routes with 7-8 players. It is like we are playing 10 vs 12.

Also, Glennon was supposed to take care of the ball. One turnover is bad, 3, with his skill set is a cut-worthy performance. He made no pass that Trubisky couldn't make.

I am sure Trubisky will have his share of mistakes, but it cannot be worse than what we are seeing out of Glennon right now. He has performed way worse than I could've ever imagined. Saw red flags in preaseason and he has been worse than that in the regular season.

I would agree that this week Glennon looked pretty bad for the entire (or most of) game. Last week, not so much.

I really was giving my thoughts based on what I think the coaching staff is going to do. I would have played Trubisky in the 3rd quarter today. Fox has already said Glennon is starting this week.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone play QB without moving their feet at all once they drop back. Glennon might as well be wearing cement shoes. Once he drops back his feet are set, they won't move even if he changes to throw to another side, which is partly why he can't work his progression back to the other side of the field. He's telegraphing to DBs where he's going with his set. When he finally completes his calculation that a receiver is open (usually a second ago) he throws without even lifting up his front foot and stepping forward.

The Trubisky watch is no longer a question of if, just a matter of when. Next week fans at home will be extremely vocal demanding Trubisky. I can live through a 3 turnover game from the rookie knowing he's learning on the fly, but he'll also open up a lot more for the rest of the players on offense.

Each week it has become more and more obvious that signing Glennon was never anything more than a smokescreen from a GM who was stuck drafting at #3 behind two franchises who also needed a QB. This offense ran better with Hoyer and Cutler but keeping either as our starter was telling the world we were going into the draft looking for a QB.

I was in favor of drafting Trubisky early in the offseason. After seeing Glennon in two games, plus zero competence in the preseason, I find it impossible to believe that the same talent evaluator Pace, who went after Tru aggressively and, we now know, very secretly, also decided that Glennon was a better more expensive option to win games than Hoyer, or even Cutler. Pace had access to all of Glennon's NFL game film he saw these massive flaws in his game.

Everyone knew Trubisky would need time but how much was the question. Pace and Fox had to be hoping the Glennon charade would last longer than Week 2. Throughout the draft process Trubisky proved he is capable of keeping his mouth shut and not giving away secrets. The Steelers game, an AFC opponent, might not be the right time for Trubisky but the Packers game is. A win there, or even a promising performance, would change the dynamic in the locker room. This roster, even the defense, needs that in a bad way. Conventional wisdom says they won't put Trubisky out there on a short week but you know that also means the Packers have less time to prepare for him. In any case Fox will never say Trubisky is going to play before he actually gets in a game. Ragone should pull Trubisky into some closed door sessions this week to run through some Packers game film.

Can you imagine how bad things would be if the Bears didn't draft a quarterback right now? Think about having to endure a full season of Glennon and Sanchez.

The Bears never would have signed Glennon if they weren't drafting a QB.

There is a plan here, and it's working. Glennon was supposed to be better, but Trubisky is ahead of schedule, and will sit for a while longer.

This is going to end well.

Each week it has become more and more obvious that signing Glennon was never anything more than a smokescreen from a GM who was stuck drafting at #3 behind two franchises who also needed a QB. This offense ran better with Hoyer and Cutler but keeping either as our starter was telling the world we were going into the draft looking for a QB.

I was in favor of drafting Trubisky early in the offseason. After seeing Glennon in two games, plus zero competence in the preseason, I find it impossible to believe that the same talent evaluator Pace, who went after Tru aggressively and, we now know, very secretly, also decided that Glennon was a better more expensive option to win games than Hoyer, or even Cutler. Pace had access to all of Glennon's NFL game film he saw these massive flaws in his game.

Everyone knew Trubisky would need time but how much was the question. Pace and Fox had to be hoping the Glennon charade would last longer than Week 2. Throughout the draft process Trubisky proved he is capable of keeping his mouth shut and not giving away secrets. The Steelers game, an AFC opponent, might not be the right time for Trubisky but the Packers game is. A win there, or even a promising performance, would change the dynamic in the locker room. This roster, even the defense, needs that in a bad way. Conventional wisdom says they won't put Trubisky out there on a short week but you know that also means the Packers have less time to prepare for him. In any case Fox will never say Trubisky is going to play before he actually gets in a game. Ragone should pull Trubisky into some closed door sessions this week to run through some Packers game film.

well said.

I think it will be either week 5 (against Minny Oct. 9) or after the bye week on Nov. 12. I would say Nov. 12 probably makes the most sense. It give his two weeks to practice with the starters.

They could do something this week, although I agree with you that the most likely is after the Packers game (when we are 0-4). If we start him now, we have the Steelers game followed by a short week with Thursday night football against the Packers. That doesn't give much time for a young QB. Clearly the time is coming soon and the Bears know it, they just want to be careful that they put Mitch in the best position to succeed.

I really was giving my thoughts based on what I think the coaching staff is going to do. I would have played Trubisky in the 3rd quarter today. Fox has already said Glennon is starting this week.

I read Biggs piece (10 thoughts) and he made me feel much better about Fox's "coaches speak" and why he wouldn't have said anything other then Glennon is his guy (right after the game). It sounds like the reporters here (albeit Fox won't say it directly...just not his style) a much different tune when it comes to Trubisky and this is all about the Bears trying to put Mitch in the best possible position to succeed.

Everytime I read Trubisky's "quotes" I'm just utterly impressed. I really hope he's the real deal.

After the Atlanta game was so close the coaching staff (and likely Pace) decided they could shelve Tru for a bit and have him run the scout team. If a change is headed our way, not necessarily this week, then Trubisky will get reps with the starters this week instead of the scout team.

Somebody really needs to ask John Fox how and why he thinks Mike Glennon gives them the best chance to win. Trubisky can make plays on the field that Glennon simply can't, where as, there isn't anything Mike Glennon does that Trubisky can't. He'll make mistakes, but if he offers you more tools to succeed, that is, by definition, someone giving you a better chance to win.

To me, this whole waiting period is just a gigantic waste of time. We already know Mike Glennon's shelf life as a starter will only last a maximum of 16 games anyways. He's gone after the year, so why are the Bears worried about developing him at all? It makes no sense.

The other side to this whole thing is that the longer the Bears wait to see Trubisky, the less we'll know about him come next year's draft when it looks to be heavy on quarterbacks. The nightmare scenario is that we don't get to see enough of Trubisky to know if passing on one of these QB's is a good idea. And then, next year, Trubisky starts and is actually awful.

Somebody really needs to ask John Fox how and why he thinks Mike Glennon gives them the best chance to win. Trubisky can make plays on the field that Glennon simply can't, where as, there isn't anything Mike Glennon does that Trubisky can't. He'll make mistakes, but if he offers you more tools to succeed, that is, by definition, someone giving you a better chance to win.

To me, this whole waiting period is just a gigantic waste of time. We already know Mike Glennon's shelf life as a starter will only last a maximum of 16 games anyways. He's gone after the year, so why are the Bears worried about developing him at all? It makes no sense.

The other side to this whole thing is that the longer the Bears wait to see Trubisky, the less we'll know about him come next year's draft when it looks to be heavy on quarterbacks. The nightmare scenario is that we don't get to see enough of Trubisky to know if passing on one of these QB's is a good idea. And then, next year, Trubisky starts and is actually awful.

The question isn't about Glennon vs. Trubisky, the only question the Bears need to ask is when is the time right for Mitchell Trubisky to start. Glennon has nothing to do with the argument. We all see Glennon for what he is, maybe his warts were exposed quicker then our staff/front office expected, but warts existed and the lack of receiving crew exposes them more. That doesn't mean you just flip to Trubisky. Mitch controls his destiny here and when the Bears feel he is ready, he will be inserted into the roster.

I actually suspect Fox would have already turned to Trubisky (since he has to save his job and probably realizes Glennon won't save it), but Pace is being very pragmatic about when Mitch is ready and the decision won't be made by Fox in a vaccuum and will need Pace's input and blessing as well.

The question isn't about Glennon vs. Trubisky, the only question the Bears need to ask is when is the time right for Mitchell Trubisky to start. Glennon has nothing to do with the argument. We all see Glennon for what he is, maybe his warts were exposed quicker then our staff/front office expected, but warts existed and the lack of receiving crew exposes them more. That doesn't mean you just flip to Trubisky. Mitch controls his destiny here and when the Bears feel he is ready, he will be inserted into the roster.

I actually suspect Fox would have already turned to Trubisky (since he has to save his job and probably realizes Glennon won't save it), but Pace is being very pragmatic about when Mitch is ready and the decision won't be made by Fox in a vaccuum and will need Pace's input and blessing as well.

When Long is back at guard along with Sitton, then get Biscuit in. They'll have his back, period.

After the Atlanta game was so close the coaching staff (and likely Pace) decided they could shelve Tru for a bit and have him run the scout team. If a change is headed our way, not necessarily this week, then Trubisky will get reps with the starters this week instead of the scout team.

When questioned directly Loggains this week refused to say if Trubisky was running the scout team or was throwing to the 1st team. "Glennon is our starter."

For now...

Not sure if this was worthy of its own string so I put it here. After seeing parts of last nights game between the Rams and 9ers I think the Bears need to follow the model the Rams are using. That being get Trubisky in as soon as possible and get him reps like they eventually did with Goff last year. Although he looked a little "overwhelmed" last year Goff looks pretty confident whether it be roll outs or standing in the pocket looking at his options.

Continuing with the model they set, the Bears would need to then go out and pay for at least two solid FA WRs (like Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins) and draft a high caliber WR like Cooper Kupp (could Gentry be him?) then I think things will fall into place. Again the key is how well Trubisky plays and won't know that until he actually does.

By the way, if Garçon becomes a FA in the near future, the Bears need him.

Bingo!

Not sure if this was worthy of its own string so I put it here. After seeing parts of last nights game between the Rams and 9ers I think the Bears need to follow the model the Rams are using. That being get Trubisky in as soon as possible and get him reps like they eventually did with Goff last year. Although he looked a little "overwhelmed" last year Goff looks pretty confident whether it be roll outs or standing in the pocket looking at his options.

Continuing with the model they set, the Bears would need to then go out and pay for at least two solid FA WRs (like Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins) and draft a high caliber WR like Cooper Kupp (could Gentry be him?) then I think things will fall into place. Again the key is how well Trubisky plays and won't know that until he actually does.

By the way, if Garçon becomes a FA in the near future, the Bears need him.

I believe they would be ready to make the switch if they weren't so depleted with injuries this early on. If Glennon flopped with Cam Meredith, Kevin White, Marcus Wheaton, Kyle Long and Josh Sitton on the field this soon, I could see the switch happening immediately. Missing the majority of your best offensive players makes it tough to march out the one piece this franchise needs. I agree when Long is ready then the clock starts ticking. Could be Green Bay or the game after.