Danny Trevathan hit

adam

Man that was a crazy hit. I am sure he will get 2-4 games for that one, due to the head to head contact.

I know everyone is calling this dirty, but I don't know if it was intended to be. I am sure Trevathan was frustrated and wanted to make a hard hit, but I don't think he wanted to hit head on head. I watched it a few times and when Trevathan is closing in, his helmet is chest high on Adams, and within a few feet, Adams concedes the tackle and starts to drop straight down. When Trevathan meets him, it is head on head. The only way to avoid something like this is if the refs blow the play dead, which they didn't.

Look at the below video at the 0:04 to 0:05 mark, 1:30 to 1:32, and 1:38 to 1:40.

Man that was a crazy hit. I am sure he will get 2-4 games for that one, due to the head to head contact.

I know everyone is calling this dirty, but I don't know if it was intended to be. I am sure Trevathan was frustrated and wanted to make a hard hit, but I don't think he wanted to hit head on head. I watched it a few times and when Trevathan is closing in, his helmet is chest high on Adams, and within a few feet, Adams concedes the tackle and starts to drop straight down. When Trevathan meets him, it is head on head. The only way to avoid something like this is if the refs blow the play dead, which they didn't.

Look at the below video at the 0:04 to 0:05 mark, 1:30 to 1:32, and 1:38 to 1:40.

Totally agree. For as brutal a hit as it was I'm not at all convinced this was intentional; at least in the regards of him trying to hurt the guy. Did he intend to hit him hard? No doubt.

They had a panel of guys on NFL network last night with Willie McGinist, Dave Carr and someone I didn't recognize (apparently played for Denver with Trevathan). McGinist and the other guy said Trevathan is known as a thumper and this type of hit is his style. They didn't think he was our head hunting. Carr said his initial reaction (as an offensive player and friend of Adams) was that it was intentional but after listening to the other two he reconsidered his stance. During the game and hit you could hear Tony Romo said he thought the hit was a sign of frustration. You make a great observation that the whistle hadn't been blown. And I think most players will tell you they're told to play to the whistle.

I've seen some compare Trevathan to Burfict after last night. Still don't see it. His locker room interview afterwards seemed pretty conciliatory and he was even heard apologizing for the hit; something I'm pretty sure Burfict would never do. He repeated a few times that he never sought out to hurt Adams and would even try to contact him to check on him later.

I think you are correct in your assessment...

Like most here I don't think the intent was injury, and it's one of those situations where he committed to the hit and Adams position changed thus leading to a vicious helmet to helmet. What Trevathan could have done was not lead his hit with the helmet. Even if Adams stays upright it's still really close to spearing which is also dangerous. Trevathan is a hard hitting player and you love that about him. And I believe he was sincere in his reaction.

Players still need to play under control and be aware of the situation. Itt's 3rd and Goal from what the 16 or so and we have him stopped well short of the end zone. There's no need for Trevathan to charge in there. If he restrained we stop them and hold them to a FG, instead it's a fresh set of downs half the distance to the goal resulting in a TD and a 4 point difference. In the grand scheme of the game it didn't matter as we got blown out, but that kind of thing hurts your team and it resulted in serious injury to Adams. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family. Fortunately he had movement in all his extremities.

Like most here I don't think the intent was injury, and it's one of those situations where he committed to the hit and Adams position changed thus leading to a vicious helmet to helmet. What Trevathan could have done was not lead his hit with the helmet. Even if Adams stays upright it's still really close to spearing which is also dangerous. Trevathan is a hard hitting player and you love that about him. And I believe he was sincere in his reaction.

Players still need to play under control and be aware of the situation. Itt's 3rd and Goal from what the 16 or so and we have him stopped well short of the end zone. There's no need for Trevathan to charge in there. If he restrained we stop them and hold them to a FG, instead it's a fresh set of downs half the distance to the goal resulting in a TD and a 4 point difference. In the grand scheme of the game it didn't matter as we got blown out, but that kind of thing hurts your team and it resulted in serious injury to Adams. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family. Fortunately he had movement in all his extremities.

Agreed 100%

Peace :dabears

I don't think it was intentional. And anyone who is trying to compare him to burfict clearly doesn't know anything and is only going off the immediate reaction and nothing else. In past this would not have gotten trevethan suspended because those have been for repeat offenders and this isn't his style. However with the new rule change I do think he will get 2 games. He will appeal and get it knocked down to 1. And that's because he led with the crown which is exactly what the NFL has been targeting. Thankfully it appears that Adams will be ok. He tweeted that he was back home and doing well yesterday. After the game and yesterday while all the Packer fans were out in full force acting like they just won the super bowl I was more concerned with Adams. We all love the vicious hits but none of us want to see guys not able to move after it

Yeah, but the national and local media, and a bunch of fans are calling it dirty. I don't agree. I don't know if it was necessary, but it didn't look like he was trying to spear him in the head.

No I don't think he did premeditated at all. However leading with crown of the helmet is wrong no matter what your aiming for

They just announced it's a 2 game suspension. I expect a quick appeal and get it knocked down to 1.

For the fact that the whistle didn't blow, I don't even know if it warrants a suspension at all. He didn't hit a defenseless player, he wasn't up in the air, and he was the ball carrier. Any time before the last 10 years, and that is a great hit.

For the fact that the whistle didn't blow, I don't even know if it warrants a suspension at all. He didn't hit a defenseless player, he wasn't up in the air, and he was the ball carrier. Any time before the last 10 years, and that is a great hit.

He led with crown of his helmet. That's why it is. Has nothing to do when whistle blows or defenseless player. He wasn't flagged for either of those 2 infractions. And yes your right in past years he wouldn't have been suspended. That's because he doesn't have the history. A new rule went into affect this yr that makes that type of hit suspendable. Past yrs I bet it's a $25k fine. It's got everything to do with leading with crown of helmet

#4.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-vi...nseless-player/