Bears 2017 Remaining Schedule

adam

Week 5- Oct. 9 Vikings (2-2) (MNF) W (No Cook, No Bradford, not enough offense, Trubisky gets 1st win).

Week 6- Oct. 15 at Ravens (2-2) W (BAL has lost last 2 games by a combined score of 70-16, now 3-3)

Week 7- Oct. 22 Panthers (3-1) L (CAR coming off a long rest since Thu Night game)

Week 8- Oct. 29 at Saints (2-2) W (Early bye dooms NO, AP drama, No Cooks, 4-4 into the bye)

Week 9- Nov. 5 bye

Week 10- Nov. 12 Packers (3-1) W (Fresh off bye, Bears dominate Packers at home)

Week 11- Nov. 19 Lions (3-1) W (We split with DET home and home, 6-4)

Week 12- Nov. 26 at Eagles (3-1) L (a tough road loss over Thanksgiving)

Week 13- Dec. 3 49ers (0-4) W (49ers are bad)

Week 14- Dec. 10 at Bengals (1-3) W (Bengals are bad, 8-5)

Week 15- Dec. 16 at Lions (3-1) L (We split with DET home and home)

Week 16- Dec. 24 Browns (0-4) W (Browns are bad)

Week 17- Dec. 31 at Vikings (2-2) W (With playoff berth on line, Bears win, go 10-6, get WC#2)

What do you think? Remember we almost beat ATL and beat PIT. Glennon turnovers doomed us vs TB and GB.

Week 5- Oct. 9 Vikings (2-2) (MNF) W (No Cook, No Bradford, not enough offense, Trubisky gets 1st win).

Week 6- Oct. 15 at Ravens (2-2) W (BAL has lost last 2 games by a combined score of 70-16, now 3-3)

Week 7- Oct. 22 Panthers (3-1) L (CAR coming off a long rest since Thu Night game)

Week 8- Oct. 29 at Saints (2-2) W (Early bye dooms NO, AP drama, No Cooks, 4-4 into the bye)

Week 9- Nov. 5 bye

Week 10- Nov. 12 Packers (3-1) W (Fresh off bye, Bears dominate Packers at home)

Week 11- Nov. 19 Lions (3-1) W (We split with DET home and home, 6-4)

Week 12- Nov. 26 at Eagles (3-1) L (a tough road loss over Thanksgiving)

Week 13- Dec. 3 49ers (0-4) W (49ers are bad)

Week 14- Dec. 10 at Bengals (1-3) W (Bengals are bad, 8-5)

Week 15- Dec. 16 at Lions (3-1) L (We split with DET home and home)

Week 16- Dec. 24 Browns (0-4) W (Browns are bad)

Week 17- Dec. 31 at Vikings (2-2) W (With playoff berth on line, Bears win, go 10-6, get WC#2)

What do you think? Remember we almost beat ATL and beat PIT. Glennon turnovers doomed us vs TB and GB.

Please give me whatever your drinking. Change of qb isn't going to magically save the season. I still think at best we are 7-9. More likely 5-11 or 6-10

I'll play along...

Week 5- Oct. 9 Vikings (2-2) (MNF) - Rookie Starting (L)

Week 6- Oct. 15 at Ravens (2-2) - BAL is an enigma (W)

Week 7- Oct. 22 Panthers (3-1) - CAR wins big (L)

Week 8- Oct. 29 at Saints (2-2) - NO has too much offense (L)

Week 9- Nov. 5 bye

Week 10- Nov. 12 Packers (3-1) - GB has owned us recently (L)

Week 11- Nov. 19 Lions (3-1) Split with DET (W)

Week 12- Nov. 26 at Eagles (3-1) Alshon torches us (L)

Week 13- Dec. 3 49ers (0-4) 49ers are bad (W)

Week 14- Dec. 10 at Bengals (1-3) CIN has a bad D, not a bad O (L)

Week 15- Dec. 16 at Lions (3-1) Split with DET (L)

Week 16- Dec. 24 Browns (0-4) Close game (W)

Week 17- Dec. 31 at Vikings (2-2) MIN in playoff hunt (L)

5-11 overall. Once again optimistic for the following year.

Please give me whatever your drinking. Change of qb isn't going to magically save the season. I still think at best we are 7-9. More likely 5-11 or 6-10

We should've beat ATL, even with Glennon, the team outplayed them. If Trubisky is in at QB with 1st and goal, we score.

GB had 21 pts off Glennon turnovers. Gave defense no chance, with Trubisky, that is less likely. The game was over after 2 drives. Without the gift pts, the game is 14-14.

In TB, the same thing, they had 20 pts off turnovers, and the game was over before halftime. Now Cohen had one of the fumbles, but Glennon still had 3 turnovers with a Pick-6. Not that you can take those plays away, but TB is up 9-7 without those free points.

All things considered, we should be 2-2 with Glennon right now. That means the other 21 guys have been carrying him as a liability. The defense has been in constant recovery mode, playing on short rest and short fields. Even in the PIT game. I think our defense is under-rated and our offense will be better with Trubisky.

Minnesota scored 7 pts against DET and now they don't have Cook. Look at Baltimore's last two games. I just think those two games are winnable and we can split CAR/NO to go 3-1 in next 4. Then we get the bye to get healthy and have a lighter schedule going forward.

Obviously, this is extremely optimistic, but if HOU can look that good with Watson, then we should be able to look comparable with Trubisky.

We should've beat ATL, even with Glennon, the team outplayed them. If Trubisky is in at QB with 1st and goal, we score.

GB had 21 pts off Glennon turnovers. Gave defense no chance, with Trubisky, that is less likely. The game was over after 2 drives. Without the gift pts, the game is 14-14.

In TB, the same thing, they had 20 pts off turnovers, and the game was over before halftime. Now Cohen had one of the fumbles, but Glennon still had 3 turnovers with a Pick-6. Not that you can take those plays away, but TB is up 9-7 without those free points.

All things considered, we should be 2-2 with Glennon right now. That means the other 21 guys have been carrying him as a liability. The defense has been in constant recovery mode, playing on short rest and short fields. Even in the PIT game. I think our defense is under-rated and our offense will be better with Trubisky.

Minnesota scored 7 pts against DET and now they don't have Cook. Look at Baltimore's last two games. I just think those two games are winnable and we can split CAR/NO to go 3-1 in next 4. Then we get the bye to get healthy and have a lighter schedule going forward.

Obviously, this is extremely optimistic, but if HOU can look that good with Watson, then we should be able to look comparable with Trubisky.

The loss at ATL was not on Glennon; plain and simple. Two of the three last ditch throws to win the game were either right on or close enough. The receivers in both instances; Bellamy and Howard just didn't produce. There's a whole lotta 'what ifs' that could've played into how the Bears got to that point but had Trubisky been in the same exact situation I doubt it would've been much different. The only factor that may have played to his favor would've been his mobility where he could have run in instead of thrown.

As far as the rest of the games, already played and going forward is still an unknown. Sure he (Trub) adds another dimension but we have yet to see him in full NFL mode. Preseason is one thing and looks good but really its only a minor step up from the combine where football players perform in tshirts and shorts (meaning not realistic).

And comparing he and Watson is not really fair to Trubisky...yet. Trub doesn't have two national championship appearances (with one win) and actual NFL playing time to his resume. Give it a few weeks. I'd say we're more an 8-8 team with him than one extreme or the other.

Watson has something that this time won't have this yr no matter how you slice it. He has real NFL style wide receivers. Actual play makers. Your counting your chickens without them even being hatched. We can't assume trubisky will come right in and save everything. He's not Rodgers or Brady yet.

Watson has something that this time won't have this yr no matter how you slice it. He has real NFL style wide receivers. Actual play makers.

Please name Watson's WR's and TE's, show me all the "playmakers" outside of Hopkins. Watson has 1 WR and 0 TE's.

The Bears have 6 players (3x WRs, 2 RBs, and a TE) with over 10 receptions. The Texans have 2, Hopkins and Miller, 1 WR and 1 RB.

Trubisky is not going to save this team on his own, and it will take time, but it is also an instant upgrade of the most important position in sports. To me it is a massive upgrade. He is going to make the O-Line's job easier, and based on his accuracy, there will be less drops from receivers. He will make the entire offense better. That should equate to a better defense, and a better team. How much better is the question.

To me it seems like Watson is more susceptible to a huge letdown. Take away Hopkins, then what?

Please name Watson's WR's and TE's, show me all the "playmakers" outside of Hopkins. Watson has 1 WR and 0 TE's.

The Bears have 6 players (3x WRs, 2 RBs, and a TE) with over 10 receptions. The Texans have 2, Hopkins and Miller, 1 WR and 1 RB.

Trubisky is not going to save this team on his own, and it will take time, but it is also an instant upgrade of the most important position in sports. To me it is a massive upgrade. He is going to make the O-Line's job easier, and based on his accuracy, there will be less drops from receivers. He will make the entire offense better. That should equate to a better defense, and a better team. How much better is the question.

To me it seems like Watson is more susceptible to a huge letdown. Take away Hopkins, then what?

Hopkins is better than every single receiver on our whole team combined. Sure on paper we have better TEs but how do we know for sure. Our TEs have barely even been used except for blocking. Hopkins is that top notch playmaker. And Lamar miller is pretty good as well. Right now we only have 2 guys that are good and Cohen is rookie back up. And I'm willing to guess that we will see his #s go down with trubisky in there now just simply because Glennon looked at him every damn play where trubisky will be looking to use his receivers more