2018 OLB

AZ54

Assuming we end up with a top 10 draft pick in 2018, and knowing OLB is a big need for this team I'm keep tabs on some of the better edge defenders in college. So far none of them look like top 10 picks to me.

Arden Key might have the length we desire on the edge but plays too lackadaisical for my taste. He's good at making the easy play, earns little more than that.

Harold Landry has some excellent quickness in his first step but he's got little more than that. Offers little in run support.

Bradley Chubb is the guy I like most. He has very good quickness and speed to get around the edge. His lack of length lets him get swallowed up at times in run support but he hustles to the play more often.

FWIW I've heard OT McGlinchey mentioned as a top 10 pick for LT but he looks like he's wears cement shoes (see game against Chubb) and does not handle speed on the edge very well. I like Connor Williams better.

Right now it's looking like a prime year to trade back as the value at positions we need sits in the middle to late 1st Rd. Hopefully there is a lot of interest in QBs and even Saquon Barkley.

Assuming we end up with a top 10 draft pick in 2018, and knowing OLB is a big need for this team I'm keep tabs on some of the better edge defenders in college. So far none of them look like top 10 picks to me.

Arden Key might have the length we desire on the edge but plays too lackadaisical for my taste. He's good at making the easy play, earns little more than that.

Harold Landry has some excellent quickness in his first step but he's got little more than that. Offers little in run support.

Bradley Chubb is the guy I like most. He has very good quickness and speed to get around the edge. His lack of length lets him get swallowed up at times in run support but he hustles to the play more often.

FWIW I've heard OT McGlinchey mentioned as a top 10 pick for LT but he looks like he's wears cement shoes (see game against Chubb) and does not handle speed on the edge very well. I like Connor Williams better.

Right now it's looking like a prime year to trade back as the value at positions we need sits in the middle to late 1st Rd. Hopefully there is a lot of interest in QBs and even Saquon Barkley.

I am counting on trading down right now unless there is a cant miss talent when we can t pass. We need to reap some benefits from selecting QB last year.

If the Bears don't trade down, the only options are OT or WR. Period.

I like that WR Ridley at Alabama. He's a little skinny but has the ability to win early on routes. If there is one thing Trubisky could use it's someone that can get open quickly and consistently.

If the Bears don't trade down, the only options are OT or WR. Period.

Of course value will come into play but in the first two rounds both those positions need to be addressed.

as far as FA WR: Sammy Watkins ( potential #1 but boom or bust)

Quincy Enunwa ( maybe a #2 but could be a good option)

Allen Robinson ( a #1 but lots of injuries along the way)

Jordon Matthews ( roster addition but just depth)

Terrelle Pryor ( could end up a #1 but still has doubts)

Ashton Jeffery ( wont be coming back)

DeAndre Hopkins ( stud that will be franchised)

Devonte Adams ( may be a go and get probably just a #2)

Jarvis Landry ( if not franchised we need to go and get)

as far as FA OT: The only name of note is Nate Solder and he aint leaving NE.

So we need get Cam Mereidith back healthy and go after(IMO) Adams and Landry. (Hopkins will never make it to FAency)

Lenos contract will not allow him to leave before 2019 when he only has 2.5 million in dead cap space.

So I would say draft a RT high in the second round and later in draft to replace Leno in future.

We will address pass rusher or WR depending on value with first round pick.

Of course value will come into play but in the first two rounds both those positions need to be addressed.

So we need get Cam Mereidith back healthy and go after(IMO) Adams and Landry. (Hopkins will never make it to FAency)

Lenos contract will not allow him to leave before 2019 when he only has 2.5 million in dead cap space.

So I would say draft a RT high in the second round and later in draft to replace Leno in future.

I like a lot of names on the FA WR list, but the one I like the most is Jordan Matthews. I really believe he has the size, hands, and skill to be a go to guy. He was a stud for Philly, and everything has gone to hell in Buffalo.

I like a lot of names on the FA WR list, but the one I like the most is Jordan Matthews. I really believe he has the size, hands, and skill to be a go to guy. He was a stud for Philly, and everything has gone to hell in Buffalo.

He has upside but isnt he Cam Merideth? Stud might have been a little bit of a reach.

2017 BUF 5 4 12 172 14.3 47 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2016 PHI 14 13 73 804 11 54 3 -- -- -- -- -- 1 0

2015 PHI 16 12 85 997 11.7 78T 8 -- -- -- -- -- 2 1

2014 PHI 16 10 67 872 13 44T 8 -- --

We simply need to add whatever we can for upgrade, I think Landry will cost a lot but would be a good addition.

Add in Cam Merideth, and one more plus a draft pick.

He has upside but isnt he Cam Merideth? Stud might have been a little bit of a reach.

2017 BUF 5 4 12 172 14.3 47 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2016 PHI 14 13 73 804 11 54 3 -- -- -- -- -- 1 0

2015 PHI 16 12 85 997 11.7 78T 8 -- -- -- -- -- 2 1

2014 PHI 16 10 67 872 13 44T 8 -- --

We simply need to add whatever we can for upgrade, I think Landry will cost a lot but would be a good addition.

Add in Cam Merideth, and one more plus a draft pick.

Meredith had 66 catches in one year.

Matthews did better than that three straight years.

They're the same size, but like Matthews a lot more.

If Matthews doesn't pick things up, then I think there are more questions that need to be asked. Good receivers don't usually go other places and stink. Guys who were more system players tend to. I actually think the FA WR list is depressing, albeit, we clearly are going to have to address wideout within the draft and via FA. All this said, I like Matthews and figure he'll bounce back as he gets better acclimated to the system (and gets healthier...he's been battling an injury). Matthews will never be anything more than a good #2/#3 though, imo. Which is fine cause we could definitely use that.

If Matthews doesn't pick things up, then I think there are more questions that need to be asked. Good receivers don't usually go other places and stink. Guys who were more system players tend to. I actually think the FA WR list is depressing, albeit, we clearly are going to have to address wideout within the draft and via FA. All this said, I like Matthews and figure he'll bounce back as he gets better acclimated to the system (and gets healthier...he's been battling an injury). Matthews will never be anything more than a good #2/#3 though, imo. Which is fine cause we could definitely use that.

His decline is confusing, for sure, but I attribute it mostly Buffalo's odd offense. T-Mobile, as his nickname indicates, is a run/pass QB, not the other way around. And their #1 offensive option is McCoy on the ground. After that it's McCoy through the air. After that it's a combo of Taylor and Tolbert on the ground. After that they are trying to figure out why Zay Jones, perhaps the most prolific catching threat in NCAA history, can't catch the ball.

There just isn't a lot to go around.

I think that will drive the price down for Matthews some. Daddy like.

His decline is confusing, for sure, but I attribute it mostly Buffalo's odd offense. T-Mobile, as his nickname indicates, is a run/pass QB, not the other way around. And their #1 offensive option is McCoy on the ground. After that it's McCoy through the air. After that it's a combo of Taylor and Tolbert on the ground. After that they are trying to figure out why Zay Jones, perhaps the most prolific catching threat in NCAA history, can't catch the ball. There just isn't a lot to go around. I think that will drive the price down for Matthews some. Daddy like.

Another guy who will most likely be available next year will be Alshon Jeffery. The Eagles will not pay him for what he has given them so far this season, unless his production changes.

Another guy who will most likely be available next year will be Alshon Jeffery. The Eagles will not pay him for what he has given them so far this season, unless his production changes.

So are you saying we need to try to get him back? That will be 3 years in a row that he is very average and will still be wanting a big contact.

We need to get Landry and I think try to get Adams that will not only add to us but take away from GB.

So next year we have Merideth, Landry, Adams, Inman, Gentry, and a draftee. It will start to resemble a NFL roster.

So are you saying we need to try to get him back? That will be 3 years in a row that he is very average and will still be wanting a big contact.

We need to get Landry and I think try to get Adams that will not only add to us but take away from GB.

So next year we have Merideth, Landry, Adams, Inman, Gentry, and a draftee. It will start to resemble a NFL roster.

Not really, just pointing out he made a bad decision. He still has some upside but not as a #1.

Needless to say we don't agree on all the WRs. I'd take Matthews as a #2 before Enunwa, and maybe Adams because we don't know if he's just a product of getting passes from Rodgers. Also, I don't consider some of those guys real #1s (Watkins?) I don't really think Meredith is the lynchpin to any sort of maneuvering. He's still an uncertainty to me. He's got one year under his belt of pretty good production when teams didn't even realize who he was.

You're right about Leno, but there is no reason he can't be bumped to the right side. He's obviously not starting LT material.

I still stand by WR or LT. Nothing else makes sense to me (other than trading down), particularly since the D appears to be doing pretty well right now.

Considering Cohen fits in as a slot WR for a few snaps here and there I still like Wright next year for the primary slot WR role. If we get Landry we should pass on Adams. Wright will be much cheaper than Adams and better suited for that role. Someone is going to think that a WR from GB must be really good and will overpay Adams.

In other words with Cohen around I'm keeping just 5 WRs: Meredith, Landry, Inman, Gentry/McBride/Bellamy (may the best man win), and a 1st-3rd Rd draftee.

WR talent is not that good this year with a few late 1st Rd prospects. I'm staying with Bradley Chubb as our pick if we don't trade back. Then again, winning a few more games will push us toward the middle of the 1st Rd.

Arden Key fits better the mold of what Fangio wants but he doesn't play like he has any strength in his upper body. We always say a year or two with NFL trainers will improve things but if a player doesn't have the work ethic it won't matter. Expect the Bears to spend some time with him off the radar to get to know the player.