Watson Torn ACL In practice!

lemonej

Not good and we got a guy still standing!

For the moment. With as many sacks as he’s taking it may not be for long before he’s down too. Would help if Loggains could figure out a way to protect him more with rollouts or play action.

And if we had drafted Watson, there’s no telling if or when he would have injured himself. Totally different circumstances. Who knew that Minnesota would be out their starting QB for nearly two seasons after a practice injury?

For the moment. With as many sacks as he’s taking it may not be for long before he’s down too. Would help if Loggains could figure out a way to protect him more with rollouts or play action.

And if we had drafted Watson, there’s no telling if or when he would have injured himself. Totally different circumstances. Who knew that Minnesota would be out their starting QB for nearly two seasons after a practice injury?

His style of play makes him more susceptible to injury though. Sometimes these non contact injuries happen to a previously injured body part.

Sucks for Houston, but what is interesting is even with him they were still only 3-4 and beat CLE, TEN, and CIN. However without him I don't know if they win more than 1 or 2 more games.

His style of play makes him more susceptible to injury though. Sometimes these non contact injuries happen to a previously injured body part.

Sucks for Houston, but what is interesting is even with him they were still only 3-4 and beat CLE, TEN, and CIN. However without him I don't know if they win more than 1 or 2 more games.

To be fair; first game was a blowout loss to JAX (who knew?) which he didn’t start. Then the next was to NE (his first start) by 3...at NE. Second was to KC by 8. And then Seattle by 3 at SEA. Plus they lost JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus along the way. You’re right that having Tom (who?) Savage back under center isn’t going to help. Remember the first game blowout loss to Jax? He started and played most of that game...

This’ll give Trubisky a chance to catch up on games and how well they match up overall in the first year production. Don’t expect that Biscuit will throw an NFL leading 19 TDs (like Watson) but perhaps his efficiency / QBR will end up better overall? Early on Watson was INt prone; something Trubisky has been much better at.

To be fair; first game was a blowout loss to JAX (who knew?) which he didn't start. Then the next was to NE (his first start) by 3...at NE. Second was to KC by 8. And then Seattle by 3 at SEA. Plus they lost JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus along the way. You're right that having Tom (who?) Savage back under center isn't going to help. Remember the first game blowout loss to Jax? He started and played most of that game... This'll give Trubisky a chance to catch up on games and how well they match up overall in the first year production. Don't expect that Biscuit will throw an NFL leading 19 TDs (like Watson) but perhaps his efficiency / QBR will end up better overall? Early on Watson was INt prone; something Trubisky has been much better at.

Watson threw 3 INTs in his last game. They weren't the hail mary types either. Fact is if he didn't throw 5 TDs (remove his pick six) in that game Houston probably wins it. I watched the replay of the game late at night but IIRC another INT gave the Seahawks a short field which they also converted to a TD. He was exciting to watch but while everyone is focused on the good he still has room for improvement. That's normal for any rookie.

Thank God we didn't draft him. Could you imagine? Bear fans would be jumping off buildings

There is no way of knowing if that would have happened had Chicago drafted him. ACL tears are freak things. There are millions of factors that go into the possibility of something like this happening. For all we know, if the Bears drafted him he would have thrown 40 TDs and 0 INTs by now. Or maybe he would have torn his groin in preseason. We just don't know.

Isn’t that why Pace signed Glennon to assure we would have a solid backup plan? Then kept Sanchez as the back up to the back up?

Incorrect. Pace signed Glennon to start, and Trubisky was the backup plan. The plan went from slow to accelerated when Glennon started to suck.

Incorrect. Pace signed Glennon to start, and Trubisky was the backup plan. The plan went from slow to accelerated when Glennon started to suck.

LOL they draft sign Trubisky to be the backup, they clearly drafted him to be the starter of the future, and therefore they didnt think Glennon would be the franchise QB.

I think we agree, since you speak of "the plan"?

Right, the point being that Pace essentially paid big money for a guy most predicted he’d be where he is currently. None of us have the football acumen that Pace does though so what do we know? <_>

LOL they draft sign Trubisky to be the backup, they clearly drafted him to be the starter of the future, and therefore they didnt think Glennon would be the franchise QB.

I think we agree, since you speak of "the plan"?

2017-The plan was Glennon 1, Trubisky 2

2018-Trubisky 1, who cares after that because he's definitely 1.

Right, the point being that Pace essentially paid big money for a guy most predicted he’d be where he is currently. None of us have the football acumen that Pace does though so what do we know? <_>

You just offended everyone on this site with that blasphemy! Jason probably is in a death spiral wanting to debate you on that, lol...

Wonder if the Texan fans thought the same about Osweiler? Or what is says about there GM for targeting him.

I don't know why we moved on from Hoyer, thought he would make a better vet to hold us over than Glennon. Would have saved a ton also. Maybe it was the whole let's deceive the NFL by getting Glennon so they wont think we would draft Trubisky.

Any way we look at it, both QBs have not been world beaters. The Bears have an awful combination of HC and OC, and personal. Pace had a handful of WRs in camp, do we blame him for injuries and how the survivors turned out, he gets a share of the blame too.

To be fair; first game was a blowout loss to JAX (who knew?) which he didn’t start. Then the next was to NE (his first start) by 3...at NE. Second was to KC by 8. And then Seattle by 3 at SEA. Plus they lost JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus along the way. You’re right that having Tom (who?) Savage back under center isn’t going to help. Remember the first game blowout loss to Jax? He started and played most of that game...

This’ll give Trubisky a chance to catch up on games and how well they match up overall in the first year production. Don’t expect that Biscuit will throw an NFL leading 19 TDs (like Watson) but perhaps his efficiency / QBR will end up better overall? Early on Watson was INt prone; something Trubisky has been much better at.

What do you mean this will give Tru time to catch up???? Who cares how they match up in first year production. Watson plays on a team that went to the playoffs last year while having a ton of talent around him, throwing to Hopkins and Will make Watson's job very easy. When you looking at his stats you dont see Hopkins taking a screen 75 years for a TD. Tru is throwing to "what's his name". My point is Im not worried about comparing Tru to anyone, only worried about how the Bears develop him. The Bears have done no favors to any of our QB's when it comes to talent on the Offensive side. No one knew White and Cam would go down, but it happened and now you have a rookie QB throwing to bunch of 4th and 5th string WR's. No Zach Miller is out for the year. Teams are already stacking the box to defend against the run, Tru is fighting a up hill battle. Get him some ACTUAL NFL caliber WR's and then compare him to Watson all you want.

Sometimes these non contact injuries happen to a previously injured body part.

Reports are coming out now that he actually injured it in the SEA game.

This is also not his first ACL tear. I fear that this is going to be a recurring thing for him. Might have been why we targeted Trubisky over him. Still sucks because he was fun to watch.

Reports are coming out now that he actually injured it in the SEA game.

This is also not his first ACL tear. I fear that this is going to be a recurring thing for him. Might have been why we targeted Trubisky over him. Still sucks because he was fun to watch.

I believe he tore his other knee in college. ACL tears suck but not as bad as they used to be with surgery today.

What do you mean this will give Tru time to catch up???? Who cares how they match up in first year production. Watson plays on a team that went to the playoffs last year while having a ton of talent around him, throwing to Hopkins and Will make Watson's job very easy. When you looking at his stats you dont see Hopkins taking a screen 75 years for a TD. Tru is throwing to "what's his name". My point is Im not worried about comparing Tru to anyone, only worried about how the Bears develop him. The Bears have done no favors to any of our QB's when it comes to talent on the Offensive side. No one knew White and Cam would go down, but it happened and now you have a rookie QB throwing to bunch of 4th and 5th string WR's. No Zach Miller is out for the year. Teams are already stacking the box to defend against the run, Tru is fighting a up hill battle. Get him some ACTUAL NFL caliber WR's and then compare him to Watson all you want.

Well said! Patience is tough, but can also be rewarding.

Should work on your reading comprehension. Was making the simple comparison between Trub and Watson as they were both contenders (in some of our opinions) for the eventual starting job in Chicago. Watson had 3-4 game lead over Trub and despite throwing 19 TDs has had a great share of INts. At least when you compare he and Trub. To me the ability to not turnover the ball is a much more important skill. Huge reason I eventually hated Cutler.

Not sure you can make the argument that Will Fuller was ‘all that’ prior to Watson’s arrival. In fact some were wondering if he would be a bust early on. Hopkins on the other hand; yeah pretty good. Lamar Miller hasn’t been spectacular with a pretty pedestrian 3.6 yard average with 426 total run yards. So although they were a ‘playoff team’ you have to remember they are a part of the vaunted AFC South that includes teams like Indy, Jax and Tenn (edit). Some would say ‘they’ got better because of Watson. (By the way, they lost to Indy earlier today).

Anyhow my point wasn’t so much a knock on Trub. It was more to compare the two regardless of the players around them. Perhaps Inman will be that beacon of light because of Trubisky? Still gotta see it. I was convinced Deonte Thompson would’ve been that surprising receiver due to the nice chemistry with Trub during the preseason. Alas he was sent away and now is doing pretty decent with Buffalo.

If you don’t want to compare the two, don’t. Simple as that.

Should work on your reading comprehension. Was making the simple comparison between Trub and Watson as they were both contenders (in some of our opinions) for the eventual starting job in Chicago. Watson had 3-4 game lead over Trub and despite throwing 19 TDs has had a great share of INts. At least when you compare he and Trub. To me the ability to not turnover the ball is a much more important skill. Huge reason I eventually hated Cutler.

Not sure you can make the argument that Will Fuller was ‘all that’ prior to Watson’s arrival. In fact some were wondering if he would be a bust early on. Hopkins on the other hand; yeah pretty good. Lamar Miller hasn’t been spectacular with a pretty pedestrian 3.6 yard average with 426 total run yards. So although they were a ‘playoff team’ you have to remember they are a part of the vaunted AFC South that includes teams like Indy, Jax and Miami. Some would say ‘they’ got better because of Watson. (By the way, they lost to Indy earlier today).

Anyhow my point wasn’t so much a knock on Trub. It was more to compare the two regardless of the players around them. Perhaps Inman will be that beacon of light because of Trubisky? Still gotta see it. I was convinced Deonte Thompson would’ve been that surprising receiver due to the nice chemistry with Trub during the preseason. Alas he was sent away and now is doing pretty decent with Buffalo.

If you don’t want to compare the two, don’t. Simple as that.

I wouldn't expect much from Inman. He's a decent WR who can contribute. What will be clear quickly is that he's better than Gentry. That may force #2 CBs over to McBride which will help him. If this were basketball we'd say Gentry can't get his own shot but if you run a play for him he can hit the shot. Inman can occasionally get his own shot and, based on what I've read, he'll be where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to there. That alone with Trubisky's accuracy may improve the consistency of the offense.

I wouldn't expect much from Inman. He's a decent WR who can contribute. What will be clear quickly is that he's better than Gentry. That may force #2 CBs over to McBride which will help him. If this were basketball we'd say Gentry can't get his own shot but if you run a play for him he can hit the shot. Inman can occasionally get his own shot and, based on what I've read, he'll be where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to there. That alone with Trubisky's accuracy may improve the consistency of the offense.

I like Inman mostly because of his size. He does seem to run clean routes and ‘gets open’. I’m excited to see what he can do. Most of what else is on the team equates to speedy slot receivers. It appears Gentry is still learning. Could potentially be that Welker prototype. McBride had a decent game against NO but not sure how he’ll figure in long term; if at all. Wright was what seemed the most consistent but now he’s disappeared.

Man this team needs some consistency from the receiving corps.