Trubisky the Leader

adam

From Twitter:

Josh Sitton with funny anecdote on Mitch Trubisky: "We started to break the huddle early, and he said, ‘Get the f--- back in the huddle, and don’t break it until I break it.’ He kind of cussed at all of us linemen, and I was like, ‘Hell, yeah. I respect the s--- out of that.’

I love this stuff.

Reminds me of a story Tom Thayer told about McMahon. He said the first time McMahon came into the huddle he told everyone to shut the freak up - it was his huddle now.

Peace

It's a far cry from smokin' Jay's "don't care" attitude.

I like it. We finally have a QB with some kahunas and leadership. Seeing good things on the field as he's developing. I think this is why the team seemed to rally around him in preseason it's like they got new life when he'd come in. A QB must take command of the huddle and the offense. Get your teammates to believe in you and trust in your leadership is huge. Your teammates play for you, and they fight for you.

I love this stuff.

Reminds me of a story Tom Thayer told about McMahon. He said the first time McMahon came into the huddle he told everyone to shut the freak up - it was his huddle now.

Peace

Exactly, and it is these little things that will make the guys go a little harder for you.

Buscuit=novo-McMahon? I hope so. I don't know about the rest of the folks on the board, but I want another punky QB.

If this recollection is true I like to hear it, especially from a guy like Sitton. After all he has Rodgers to compare to. But I sense a more reserved leadership style from Biscuit than McMahon. For some reason I can’t envision Trubisky mooning a helicopter. Either way, I’m looking forward to how he performs going forward. The NFC North is still ‘for the taking’ in my book.