Lions (5-2) at Bears (3-6)

adam

I'm just waiting for the Trubisky breakout game. There will come a point in time where he sees the blitzes as his WRs see the blitzes and route and pass meet each other for big plays. I was hopeful we'd see some of that against the Packers but went home disappointed. I'm not confident this is the week either and I think to win we'll have to rely on a strong defensive effort. Without Trevathan I'm not optimistic that can happen.

Last week after the game Trubisky basically called for having Josh Bellamy on the field more. I think that happened before the game too in some meetings with coaches. Lost in the frustration over his dropped passes is the fact that Bellamy can usually get separation and I believe he's far more likely to be in the right place at the right time than McBride was. We'll have to accept a couple drops in the game but Bellamy and Inman should be more productive on the outside than what we've had so far this season. With a little more confidence in his WRs I feel like we'll see a bit more relaxed Trubisky playing football his way than what he's done so far this year. If they can find success early it will open things up for Cohen who has sometimes faced top CBs when he's lined up as a WR.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/notebook/...e5-81f7efc6dccd

Welcome back Cornwash...

"Lions captains for Sunday are: Theo Riddick (offense), Darius Slay (defense), Cornelius Washington (defense) & DJ Hayden (special teams)."

Big run by Howard but give the boys up front a pat on the back. Howard had 5-10 yard gain before he even reached the new line they created. Ending of course in Shaheen. Good play calling so far

Wait, our D is giving up chunks, and easily. Not good football.

The D doesn't look good when trevethan is out. It's like the rest of the D forgets to play sound defense. But have to say this is not the same team I witnessed in person last week. Which begs the question why want this team prepared to play last week but they were this week

I don't know if Trevethan has anything to do with it, but the D has turned in back to back suck games. The blue kitties are walking all over us.

The defense seems to really suck when trevethan is out is all I'm saying. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or not. Just seems odd. Maybe it's because he's the Captain in charge of getting the guys lined up. When he's out it's Jones and though he's playing well this yr I don't think that's a good situation for him to be in

The defense seems to really suck when trevethan is out is all I'm saying. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or not. Just seems odd. Maybe it's because he's the Captain in charge of getting the guys lined up. When he's out it's Jones and though he's playing well this yr I don't think that's a good situation for him to be in

You know bowling, this team is not a TEAM under Fox. It is either D is good or O is Okay. Screw this. We need a coach that sees the whole picture, makes adjustments, gets the players ready, doesn't tolerate stupid penalties. PLEASE.

You know bowling, this team is not a TEAM under Fox. It is either D is good or O is Okay. Screw this. We need a coach that sees the whole picture, makes adjustments, gets the players ready, doesn't tolerate stupid penalties. PLEASE.

Your right. I'm not opposed to the idea of bringing in a new coaching staff next yr

So, the GM is responsible for the injuries? Yeah.

No, It is really hard for a rebuilding team to expect to compete when they have 4 consecutive 1st rounders go down to at least one season ending injury that impacts their ability to perform to that level going forward, especially when 2 of them are top 10 guys and another is top 15. I have ALWAYS said that it isn't the GM's fault when 1st rounders have career altering injuries that make them worse players than they otherwise would have been if not for the injuries.