Upgrading the WR position

Stinger226

Since this year is trash, time to look forward.

I think we need to pick up 2 WRs in FAgency from a pretty good group and then draft one or two in the draft.

In the draft we are going to get a top 5 pick so we should be able to move back and grab a couple of extra picks from someone looking for a QB.(Giants, Broncos, Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins,Chargers, Bills)

Buffalo has two first round picks and two second round picks , so for sake of this article, we trade our (projected 1-4 pick) to Buffalo for (projected 1-15 and 1-20 plus 2- 51 picks)

So in the draft we have 2 1sts, and 2- 2nds, with those picks in the first round we get a OT and OLB, in the second round we pick a WR and either another OT or CB.

So potential 2nd rounders are

Equanimeous St. Brown 6-5 203 Notre Dame RSO

Courtland Sutton 6-4 216 Southern Methodist

Auden Tate 6-5 225 Florida State JR

James Washington 6-0 205 Oklahoma State SR

Dante Pettis 6-1 195 Washington SR

Simmie Cobbs 6-4 220 Indiana JR

Parris Campbell 6-1 208 Ohio State JR

for sake of Argument, I take Sutton.

In FAgency

Jaron Brown WR ARI

John Brown WR ARI

Andre Roberts WR ATL

Taylor Gabriel WR ATL

Chris Matthews WR BAL RFA

Mike Campanaro WR BAL

Mike Wallace WR BAL Option

Brandon Tate WR BUF

Jeremy Butler WR BUF

Joe Webb WR BUF

Jordan Matthews WR BUF

Kaelin Clay WR BUF RFA

Walt Powell WR BUF RFA

Charles Johnson WR CAR

Cameron Meredith WR CHI RFA

Deonte Thompson WR CHI

Josh Bellamy WR CHI RFA

Kendall Wright WR CHI

Tre McBride WR CHI RFA

Josh Gordon WR CLE RFA

Brice Butler WR DAL

Bennie Fowler WR DEN RFA

Cody Latimer WR DEN

Dontez Ford WR DET

Jared Abbrederis WR DET

T.J. Jones WR DET RFA

Davante Adams WR GB

Jeff Janis WR GB

Bruce Ellington WR HOU

Chris Thompson WR HOU

Devin Lucien WR IND

Donte Moncrief WR IND

Kamar Aiken WR IND

Quan Bray WR IND RFA

Allen Robinson WR JAX

Marqise Lee WR JAX

Tyler Gaffney WR JAX RFA

Albert Wilson WR KC

Dontrelle Inman WR LAC

Isaiah Burse WR LAC RFA

Tyrell Williams WR LAC RFA

Bradley Marquez WR LAR RFA

Sammy Watkins WR LAR

Jarvis Landry WR MIA

Michael Floyd WR MIN

Danny Amendola WR NE

Matt Slater WR NE

Brandon Coleman WR NO RFA

Corey Fuller WR NO

Willie Snead WR NO RFA

Kevin Norwood WR NYG RFA

Jeremy Kerley WR NYJ

Quincy Enunwa WR NYJ RFA

Eli Rogers WR PIT RFA

Justin Hunter WR PIT

Paul Richardson WR SEA

Adam Humphries WR TB RFA

Eric Decker WR TEN

Harry Douglas WR TEN

Brian Quick WR WAS

Ryan Grant WR WAS

Terrelle Pryor WR WAS

We resign Inman and Merideth

sign Jarvis Landry and John Brown(speed guy)

So for next year we have:

Inman

Merideth

Landry

Brown

Sutton

for the last spot we give to Kevin White or Tanner Gentry

ITS YOUR TURN

I would love the Buffalo trade. Could get McGlinchey OT, Key OLB, or Ridley WR with those two firsts. Since this is about upgrading the offense, I am taking Ridley WR along with McGlinchey OT.

Round 2 we can get the OLB (Dorance Armstrong Kan) and another WR (Anthony Miller Memphis)or OT (Braden Smith Auburn). Go oline...

Free agency, I like Jarvis Landry as the go to guy and to be odd, give me Ryan Grant Wash.

Re-sign Meredith and Inman

2018 roster: Landry, Meredith, Inman, White, Ridley, Grant. Practice squad:Tanner Gentry and Austin Proehl (udfa-UNC)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2747087...nfl-teams-radar

Sources in the Chicago scouting staff have told me the team is all about Calvin Ridley from Alabama, but no wide receiver is ranked highly enough on my board to be selected in the top 10. Ridley or SMU's Courtland Sutton have the skills to be No. 1 wide receivers in the NFL, but they might only be targets in a trade-back scenario.

I would love the Buffalo trade. Could get McGlinchey OT, Key OLB, or Ridley WR with those two firsts. Since this is about upgrading the offense, I am taking Ridley WR along with McGlinchey OT.

Round 2 we can get the OLB (Dorance Armstrong Kan) and another WR (Anthony Miller Memphis)or OT (Braden Smith Auburn). Go oline...

Free agency, I like Jarvis Landry as the go to guy and to be odd, give me Ryan Grant Wash.

Re-sign Meredith and Inman

2018 roster: Landry, Meredith, Inman, White, Ridley, Grant. Practice squad:Tanner Gentry and Austin Proehl (udfa-UNC)

Pretty much how I feel, but I'd rather go with Jordan Matthews from Buffalo than Jarvis Landry. I think Matthews has been horrible underused in Buffalo, and would excel in Chicago. Also, he'll be much cheaper than Landry. My second guy is inconsequential because he'll never see the field behind Meredith, Inman, White, Ridley, and Matthews.

Pretty much how I feel, but I'd rather go with Jordan Matthews from Buffalo than Jarvis Landry. I think Matthews has been horrible underused in Buffalo, and would excel in Chicago. Also, he'll be much cheaper than Landry. My second guy is inconsequential because he'll never see the field behind Meredith, Inman, White, Ridley, and Matthews.

Landry will be expensive but he has a track record of catching footballs. Its a hard sell on Mathews with so much under production. Why would a up and coming team PHI was a young QB get rid of a good WR? There must be a reason they didnt want him.

He stats look like Cam Merideth. ( He will be signed cheaper)

Landry will be expensive but he has a track record of catching footballs. Its a hard sell on Mathews with so much under production. Why would a up and coming team PHI was a young QB get rid of a good WR? There must be a reason they didnt want him.

He stats look like Cam Merideth. ( He will be signed cheaper)

I don't know why they went away from him. But I highly doubt he's a problem off the field. He's a really well rounded person from a great family, and has a wonderful support structure.