Kyle Long

AZ54

I certainly wouldn't look to cut him quite yet

I do like Kyle Long, but his "Pass Card" is about to run out. One, it was hard to justify using a #1 pick on a Guard, unless he plays at a pro-bowl level, which he has. But more so than not, he has not been effective with the injuries and made some of those pro-bowls off of name recognition. I would give him another year and then decide if the money is being spent the best way.

I understand the reasoning for the comments about cutting him, but they are way early. If the Bears want to save money, there are plenty of others to cut before Long. His ceiling is far too high to just toss over a few million that can be recouped through cutting bums and scrubs.

I never said to cut him. I was only noting the cost of keeping him. I think we should hold him out until he is fully healthy.

Peace :dabears

Ok o misunderstood then. My bad. I'm not entirely sure what he's got left on his contract. But personally I want to give him 2018 and if it's another yr just like the last couple yrs then I'd think long and hard about cutting him

Ok o misunderstood then. My bad. I'm not entirely sure what he's got left on his contract. But personally I want to give him 2018 and if it's another yr just like the last couple yrs then I'd think long and hard about cutting him

That is about the same thought I have. He is a team leader and I am sure he would play through the pain but if his body is done, it is what it is. I hope he returns to his old self, but if it keeps breaking down you have to decide if the money is best spent. Same with McPhee, I think it is time to move on. He is a leader but his body can no longer do it.

He'll be back. He has a lot of work cutout coming back off this torn labrum, very painful rehab work, but there's no reason to think that will hinder him in the least in the job he does. I'm guessing the ankle gets some cleanup work to improve flexibility and movement. But again, he's an OG he'll be back and playing well.