Adrian Amos - Snubbed

ASHKUM BEAR

He was demoted when we signed Quentin Demps, but came back with a vengence when his window opened. He is becoming a center piece to an up and coming defense and his performance says a lot. It is too bad he didn't make the pro bowl, but his stats say he was deserving. According to the famous well liked PFF site, Amos ranks: 2nd in run defense with a 99.1 grade and 5th in pass coverage with a 89.5 grade. That ranks him #2 overall for all safties. With Jackson and him at S, the Bears have a tandem that can only get better with time.

He was demoted when we signed Quentin Demps, but came back with a vengence when his window opened. He is becoming a center piece to an up and coming defense and his performance says a lot. It is too bad he didn't make the pro bowl, but his stats say he was deserving. According to the famous well liked PFF site, Amos ranks: 2nd in run defense with a 99.1 grade and 5th in pass coverage with a 89.5 grade. That ranks him #2 overall for all safties. With Jackson and him at S, the Bears have a tandem that can only get better with time.

Personally I couldn't care less about pro bowl selections. It's more of a popularity contest. 1 of which he was never going to win because our team has been so bad so he was behind the 8 ball to begin with. More importantly it's great to see that when he got his chance he absolutely ran with it and never looked back relagating demps to the dog house

He did not have a good 2016, so having competition pushed him to be a better player. Winner winner

Harrison Smith also didn't make it for the NFC, but Landon Collins and Malcolm Jenkins made it. So the Pro Bowl is not very accurate on their selections. It is a popularity game.

On Amos, I like what the Bears have at Safety and if they can get an at least one upgrade on the DL, LB, and CB, the defense will be top 10.

Amos had a very good year. He definitely stepped up his game. Hoping he gets to play the last two games.

Peace :dabears

I'd love to see him back. He brings an energy to our D with his hits that has been missing. He was a full participant in practice Wed and no longer listed on the injury report on Thursday so it appears we'll see him this week. I'd cut Demps this offseason and gladly give his money to Amos on a nice contract extension. We have built a good defense and need to start securing some pieces for the longer term while the price is reasonable. The Safety tandem of Amos and Jackson I think can become a long term fixture for the Bears. Right now after one good season I don't think we'd need huge guarantees here so Pace can minimize the long term risk. Eddie Goldman is another player I'd like to see get an extension this offseason. Then Pace has the middle of the D set for a couple years while he works on to shore up the edges.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/injury-report.html

I'd love to see him back. He brings an energy to our D with his hits that has been missing. He was a full participant in practice Wed and no longer listed on the injury report on Thursday so it appears we'll see him this week. I'd cut Demps this offseason and gladly give his money to Amos on a nice contract extension. We have built a good defense and need to start securing some pieces for the longer term while the price is reasonable. The Safety tandem of Amos and Jackson I think can become a long term fixture for the Bears. Right now after one good season I don't think we'd need huge guarantees here so Pace can minimize the long term risk. Eddie Goldman is another player I'd like to see get an extension this offseason. Then Pace has the middle of the D set for a couple years while he works on to shore up the edges.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/injury-report.html

I agree on cutting Demps and I do like the combination of Amos and Jackson. However, we don't need to extend Goldman or him in the offseason. We can wait until during the season or before FA next year.

I agree on cutting Demps and I do like the combination of Amos and Jackson. However, we don't need to extend Goldman or him in the offseason. We can wait until during the season or before FA next year.

We have other issues to address before we worry about the S position, I just think we dont need to get one early, but another one in the pipeline going forward.

Harrison Smith also didn't make it for the NFC, but Landon Collins and Malcolm Jenkins made it. So the Pro Bowl is not very accurate on their selections. It is a popularity game.

On Amos, I like what the Bears have at Safety and if they can get an at least one upgrade on the DL, LB, and CB, the defense will be top 10.

I wouldn't mind a ILB 5th or 6th if we accumulate some extra picks. I like what I read on Azeem Victor from Washington, think he is in the mold of today's LBs for run/pass and would like to see the Bears draft him.

Ha... if anyone was snubbed on this team it was Hicks (and probably Howard). But yeah Amos has had a pretty solid year. More good things to come from he and Jackson I’m sure.

Ha... if anyone was snubbed on this team it was Hicks (and probably Howard). But yeah Amos has had a pretty solid year. More good things to come from he and Jackson I’m sure.

Hicks for sure was. Amos is not a fan favorite with his super first couple years, but he looks like he has it figured out.

Hicks for sure was. Amos is not a fan favorite with his super first couple years, but he looks like he has it figured out.

Speaking of non-fan faves; Kyle Fuller. I really wish that guy could string together more consistency. It seems as though this year was by far one of his best but he still needs to do his ‘best’ in all the games he plays, not just a few of them.