Trubisky mic'd up

AZ54

I would re-sign Sanchez on a 2-3 yr deal as a backup just for this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdNyCZXnB7Y/?ta...by=chicagobears

Because he can do an impersonation of John Gruden? Hell to the no.

I think ‘Keoni’ said it best: “All 10 is thinking “yeah you get comfy on the sideline you washed up butt fumbling dope”

Because he can do an impersonation of John Gruden? Hell to the no.

I think ‘Keoni’ said it best: “All 10 is thinking “yeah you get comfy on the sideline you washed up butt fumbling dope”

Dude, this is just the lighter side of things. Sanchez has played a pretty big role in the development of Trubisky. There are a ton of articles all year on how Sanchez is always there helping Trubisky. Here is one from November where Sanchez helped Trubisky and then Inman after he got signed: https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/mark_sa..._chicago_bears/

I think Sanchez gets a bad rap. He was a really good young QB and got stuck on some bad teams. At this point, he is not here to play. He is here to mentor Trubisky, and there are not many 30-something QBs with a winning record available as a backup. He also has deep playoff experience (2x AFCC's) where he was pretty solid (4-2 record, 94.3 Passer Rating, 9-3 TD/INT, and only 4 sacks). I have no problem with re-signing him.

The clip was just showing what he is reiterating to Trubisky before going onto the field. He just did it as Gruden, which lightens things up. I have no problem with it and thought it was pretty funny.

There would be nothing wrong with keeping Sanchez for another year or even two as our backup QB. Glennon isn't sticking around so we're bringing in someone to be #2 or #3. Might as well keep Sanchez around for some continuity in the QB room and bring in another QB to challenge for #2/3 spot.

Last yr we saw lots of reports about how good he was for Prescott and now we see more of the same for his work with trubisky. I'm all for bringing him back as a #3. There isn't much harm and we certainly aren't breaking the bank for him. He provides that veteran leadership for trubisky. Someone who has been there done that. Sanchez might be a bad qb these days but clearly he's got a knack at coaching

Dude, this is just the lighter side of things. Sanchez has played a pretty big role in the development of Trubisky. I have no problem with re-signing him

The clip was just showing what he is reiterating to Trubisky before going onto the field. He just did it as Gruden, which lightens things up. I have no problem with it and thought it was pretty funny.

Oh I get the levity of the situation. Which is why I can’t help but laugh at the suggestion to keep him. So you, and others, are ok with someone who is only providing verbal support and occupying a roster spot on a team that clearly needs all the people it can to contribute to winning? But actually play? How long are you wanting him on the sidelines doing impersonations for? 1 year, 2 years?

Oh I get the levity of the situation. Which is why I can’t help but laugh at the suggestion to keep him. So you, and others, are ok with someone who is only providing verbal support and occupying a roster spot on a team that clearly needs all the people it can to contribute to winning? But actually play? How long are you wanting him on the sidelines doing impersonations for? 1 year, 2 years?

Sanchez is not a bad option as a backup quarterback for the reasons already stated. There is going to be a QB frenzy this off season. Mike Glennon will find work as well.

I have no issue with keeping him on the team at 2 to 3 million a year as a backup if he helps make Trubisky better.

Peace :bringit

Glennon won't be here. Who are you picking up to be our #2?

I am fine with Sanchez as the backup or #3. With Trubisky still learning, we need backup who is willing to help with development. Sanchez can still play if need be. If there are better options out there, let's get them.

Glennon won't be here. Who are you picking up to be our #2?

I’d almost prefer they try and work a deal with Glennon. I’m not convinced he’s gone although I know he costs too much. At least he’s played in the current system; although yes more than likely be a new one next year. Maybe McCarron can be had on the cheap? Hell... anything is better that Sanchez.

Sanchez has done diddly in the last few years. The best of him in recent history is 2014 when playing for the Eagles. That year he played 9 games and had 14 TDs and 11 INts to show for it. (He apparently didn’t play in ‘13). Since then he’s played in 6 games and has a combined 4 TDs and 6 INts to show for it. I’d just as soon sign back Cutler for that type productivity (ick).

Sanchez is nothing more than a washed up advice giver. If you watch the clip provided you can even tell Trubisky is tiring of him. There is no need to pay him anything for no production and taking up a roster spot.

I’d almost prefer they try and work a deal with Glennon. I’m not convinced he’s gone although I know he costs too much. At least he’s played in the current system; although yes more than likely be a new one next year. Maybe McCarron can be had on the cheap? Hell... anything is better that Sanchez.

Sanchez has done diddly in the last few years. The best of him in recent history is 2014 when playing for the Eagles. That year he played 9 games and had 14 TDs and 11 INts to show for it. (He apparently didn’t play in ‘13). Since then he’s played in 6 games and has a combined 4 TDs and 6 INts to show for it. I’d just as soon sign back Cutler for that type productivity (ick).

Sanchez is nothing more than a washed up advice giver. If you watch the clip provided you can even tell Trubisky is tiring of him. There is no need to pay him anything for no production and taking up a roster spot.

I can't imagine the Bears will want Glennon back and I can't imagine he would want to stay and play for them.

Peace :dabears

Sanchez wouldn't be signed for any more than a 3rd QB. And honestly if we get to 3rd QB we are screwed regardless of who is taking the snaps.

All the more reason to save the roster spot for someone who can actually contribute.

Contribute? Well according to multiple sources connected with the team that's exactly what he does with trubisky. He's more or less a players coach. I know everyone wants that 3rd string QB who could step in and play and pick up right where the starter left off. But let's be honest how many 3rd string QBs can step in like he's been the starter the entire time. I only know of 1. Case keenum had he ain't coming here

Sanchez is not a bad option as a backup quarterback for the reasons already stated. There is going to be a QB frenzy this off season. Mike Glennon will find work as well.

I wonder if we could still get a draft pick for him at the right time in the market, converting some of last years ample salary cap room into draft value this year, even if the exchange rate is awful.

I wonder if we could still get a draft pick for him at the right time in the market, converting some of last years ample salary cap room into draft value this year, even if the exchange rate is awful.

For a comp pick, that depends on how many FAs you bring in vs how many you lose. Based on our signings, I don't think we would qualify.

As in trade value, you never know but I doubt it.