This is why the Bears are doomed

Chitownhustla

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...78-17680b4c6f88

The Bears are saying this is Pace's show. I believe that to be true. I have zero faith in George and Ted to make any football decision and that is who Pace looks to for support. It wont change anytime soon unless Pace and the new HC royally freak this up. Ted and George already hosed up the Emery Era, if the Pace era doesn't get better the only thing George can do is fire Ted Phillips and completely restructure the Front office.

Ive never disliked a Pro Teams President as much as Ted Phillips. I like George, he seems to really care but freak Ted Phillips.

The Bears are saying this is Pace's show. I believe that to be true. I have zero faith in George and Ted to make any football decision and that is who Pace looks to for support. It wont change anytime soon unless Pace and the new HC royally freak this up. Ted and George already hosed up the Emery Era, if the Pace era doesn't get better the only thing George can do is fire Ted Phillips and completely restructure the Front office.

Ive never disliked a Pro Teams President as much as Ted Phillips. I like George, he seems to really care but freak Ted Phillips.

Starting to see Pace lacks balls. He sneaks them in during the draft but having Teddy come out and affirm his belief in Pace seemed bogus. That should have been done before today and Pace should have led today's pony show.

Starting to see Pace lacks balls. He sneaks them in during the draft but having Teddy come out and affirm his belief in Pace seemed bogus. That should have been done before today and Pace should have led today's pony show.

I think the reason they showed up was to let everyone know he has been extended for two more years. If Pace would have announced that himself it would have been quite tacky.

I think the reason they showed up was to let everyone know he has been extended for two more years. If Pace would have announced that himself it would have been quite tacky.

Understand that, just didn't like Teddy opening up the show. Pace should have been extended before today. The whole show today put Pace in the shadow.

Understand that, just didn't like Teddy opening up the show. Pace should have been extended before today. The whole show today put Pace in the shadow.

Which is not really anything new here. The Bears have for a long time now had some of the weirdest and most awkward press conferences, it leaves the power structure ambiguous. None of us want or care to see Ted up there ever, but when the team makes any major move or announcement it usually starts with Ted giving his usual BS, George usually has a bit to say, and the GM and coach (when we have one) are often pushed to the back more than they should. Even if Pace is running the show from a personal and staff standpoint it gives the feeling he's handcuffed or has limited control despite the lip service that it's his call on the coaching search. Every time we change coaches or coach/GM, we have this PR mess. The Bears just don't do this part of the process well. We as fans can just hope that Pace is unhindered in the search, and that he can bring in the right coach to take this team to back to winning football. If he does that all will be forgotten. But for the time being we have cautious optimism, hoping this time we get it right, but aware of how the Bears have failed to get this right in the past.

Which is not really anything new here. The Bears have for a long time now had some of the weirdest and most awkward press conferences, it leaves the power structure ambiguous. None of us want or care to see Ted up there ever, but when the team makes any major move or announcement it usually starts with Ted giving his usual BS, George usually has a bit to say, and the GM and coach (when we have one) are often pushed to the back more than they should. Even if Pace is running the show from a personal and staff standpoint it gives the feeling he's handcuffed or has limited control despite the lip service that it's his call on the coaching search. Every time we change coaches or coach/GM, we have this PR mess. The Bears just don't do this part of the process well. We as fans can just hope that Pace is unhindered in the search, and that he can bring in the right coach to take this team to back to winning football. If he does that all will be forgotten. But for the time being we have cautious optimism, hoping this time we get it right, but aware of how the Bears have failed to get this right in the past.

I agree that if Pace gets this right all will be forgotten. My problem is between the 3 interviews it was clearly stated that this is Collaborative effort. George, Ted and Pace have offices next door to each and bounce ideas off each other. Ted and George will be in all of the interviews. You cant tell me Ted and George will not have a say. George owns the team, he should. After listening to all 3 interviews my biggest fears are confirmed. The Bears need to do what the Packers did, move Ted Phillips aside, and place a FOOTBALL CZAR above Pace.

I don't think Ted Phillips is bad at his job, the problem is, they have given him some responsibility he shouldn't have. He is good at running the finances of the franchise, etc. He should not be in charge of overseeing who is going to make the football decisions. If the Pace hiring doesn't work, then the Bears should restructure their front office with a president, GM, and HC. High up my list would be Bill Polian (as a president type). Dungy would also be there.