Calvin Ridley

AZ54

There has been chatter the Bears could take Ridley in the top 10. While I still like him as a prospect what I saw tonight was a #2 WR in the NFL. There is no need to draft that skillset early in Rd 1. In Rd 2 maybe but I think he'll be gone by then. Even at that, there are other WR prospects who offer similar skillsets in the 2nd Rd. For me Rd 1 remains on target for OT or OLB.

There has been chatter the Bears could take Ridley in the top 10. While I still like him as a prospect what I saw tonight was a #2 WR in the NFL. There is no need to draft that skillset early in Rd 1. In Rd 2 maybe but I think he'll be gone by then. Even at that, there are other WR prospects who offer similar skillsets in the 2nd Rd. For me Rd 1 remains on target for OT or OLB.

I don't think you can use last night to judge whether or not he's a #1. Jalen Hurts is a horrible passing QB. He's Kordell Stewart. He's a gimmick because he's an incredible athlete that has likely been the best athlete on his team his entire life, and naturally ended up being the QB. Hurts severely hindered Ridley's progression and statistics the past two years.

Having said that, I don't want Ridley at #8 either. If the Bears traded down, however, I'd love to see him mid/late first.

I don't think you can use last night to judge whether or not he's a #1. Jalen Hurts is a horrible passing QB. He's Kordell Stewart. He's a gimmick because he's an incredible athlete that has likely been the best athlete on his team his entire life, and naturally ended up being the QB. Hurts severely hindered Ridley's progression and statistics the past two years.

Having said that, I don't want Ridley at #8 either. If the Bears traded down, however, I'd love to see him mid/late first.

Yea, Hurts is terrible.

I wasn't looking at catches, I was looking at how he handled the tight coverage from a player who will lining up opposite him in the NFL. In the end zone throws can he win well enough to go up and get after the ball (even if it was a bad throw)? He also wasn't as fast as I hoped he'd be. He's still a very good WR prospect who should be on our radar but not worth a top 15 pick IMO.

I wasn't looking at catches, I was looking at how he handled the tight coverage from a player who will lining up opposite him in the NFL. In the end zone throws can he win well enough to go up and get after the ball (even if it was a bad throw)? He also wasn't as fast as I hoped he'd be. He's still a very good WR prospect who should be on our radar but not worth a top 15 pick IMO.