Coaching staff

bowlingtwig

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny how I read today was the deadline and then shortly after it says he is signing. It could all be coincidence.

It could go both ways. He is highly respected, but by giving him a deadline, they may have forced his decision before Shurmur gets interviewed and hired and then sorts out his coaching staff. If he wanted that then they would have found out by him not signing. Basically stop dragging us along so we can move on and get someone else before there is possibly more competition swooping candidates.

There is no way they gave him a deadline. I would say the fact they asked permission to interview other DCs , that created more pressure on Vic to decide. His other options was Arizona and if they wanted Shurmur, would have to wait until playoffs were over. He knew the Bears were not going to wait, so he took the offer. Common sense approach to negotiations.

The guy who had fisticuffs w/ Buddy Ryan?

as you posted after this one, it's his son. sounds like a very good hire especially considering his work with young TE's for the giants. i think this will be a great hire for the bears.

i am really stoked so far about how our coaching staff is coming together. all the new hires, including nagy, are people who are young and talented and can teach/coach players to be better including rookies and veteran players. this may be one of the best coaching staffs with potential (on paper at least) i have witnessed in over 50 years of watching bears football. the diversity of these people hired is phenomenal.

we will be really good in 2 years once everyone meshes together to form a cohesive coaching unit or we will crash and burn. my money is on the upside potential.

for the first time since jim finks and venissi (sp) were in chicago, i think we have FINALLY done this right .

as you posted after this one, it's his son. sounds like a very good hire especially considering his work with young TE's for the giants. i think this will be a great hire for the bears.

i am really stoked so far about how our coaching staff is coming together. all the new hires, including nagy, are people who are young and talented and can teach/coach players to be better including rookies and veteran players. this may be one of the best coaching staffs with potential (on paper at least) i have witnessed in over 50 years of watching bears football. the diversity of these people hired is phenomenal.

we will be really good in 2 years once everyone meshes together to form a cohesive coaching unit or we will crash and burn. my money is on the upside potential.

for the first time since jim finks and venissi (sp) were in chicago, i think we have FINALLY done this right .

Here here!

Of course there is room to fail but, I like the quickness to have more choices since very few hires have took place we get better choices. HH is a coup, now we just need to draft 2 OL and let him to go to work. If we stay at 8, I would take Nelson, best O linemen in draft and also take a OT in second round. Let Suitton and his 8 million leave. Leno- Nelson-Whitehair-long-new OT(Kolton Miller). That would be a brutal upgrade and if Long goes back to being hurt again we have Eric Kush and Morgan to fall back on.

Of course there is room to fail but, I like the quickness to have more choices since very few hires have took place we get better choices. HH is a coup, now we just need to draft 2 OL and let him to go to work. If we stay at 8, I would take Nelson, best O linemen in draft and also take a OT in second round. Let Suitton and his 8 million leave. Leno- Nelson-Whitehair-long-new OT(Kolton Miller). That would be a brutal upgrade and if Long goes back to being hurt again we have Eric Kush and Morgan to fall back on.

That's an interesting approach, and it's one I've mentioned before in jest. I love OLinemen, and honestly believe they are the key to offensive success. But I'm also not a fan of creating a hole only to fill it, so it's not my ideal situation. I think letting Sitton go would be a mistake.

That's an interesting approach, and it's one I've mentioned before in jest. I love OLinemen, and honestly believe they are the key to offensive success. But I'm also not a fan of creating a hole only to fill it, so it's not my ideal situation. I think letting Sitton go would be a mistake.

Yeah j agree with you. I don't like he idea of cutting sitton for a rookie because sitton is not an issue. He's 1 of our best OL. I'd rather replace both of the tackles

i too like the quick decisiveness our GM and coach have shown. agree we get the pick of the litter moving this fast.

gotta agree with the others on sitton though. we need a solid, better than good veteran. we have the money so i say stay with quality until another takes his place by earning it.

I agree he was our best OL last year but he has missed 3 games both years he has been here and will turn 32 next year. Do we really want to start 2 OGs with injury issues for another year. I think, you bring in Nelson and keep all of them and let it all play out. I have read where one coach thinks Nelson is the best oline prospect in the last 5 years. I think HH can get more out of Leno, we deffintly will get a new RT. Long at 29 would be the oldest OL. Look to the future and fix it for the next 5 years , not fall back into the injured guard Russian roulette we played the last 2 years. No way were having two rookie tackles start next year, the best OL in the draft start clearly start, then we only have the RT to oversee. I'm right here and they definitely prioritize the OL this year with a young QB.