2018 Everyone Agrees Mock Draft

jason

OK. I'll run this thing like in years past. First, here is what I have compiled for the group:

Ashkum - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OT, Need 3 WR, Need 4 CB (NO RD1 WR)
AZ - Need 1 OLB
Boston -
bowling - Need 1 WR, Need 2 OLB (YES OG Nelson RD1)
lemonej - Need 1 OL, Need 2 CB, Need 3 OLB, Need 4 WR
Lucky - Late RD kicker
madlithuanian - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OT, Need 3 WR, Need 4 CB
Mongo - NYC - Need 1 WR, Need 2 OLB, Need 3 CB, Need 4 OL
Stinger - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OT, Need 3 WR, Need 4 CB
TD -

If FA has changed your opinion, please let me know.

Also, since OLB is a high priority, please indicate if you think Tremaine Edmunds fits as a 3-4 OLB.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

So I'd say, whatever you do, Arden Key is not a good pick for the 2nd round because of his attitude issues.

I have pretty much removed him and Orlando Brown from my draft list until at least the 3rd or 4th round. And seeing as how we have no 3rd rounder, until the 4th I guess.

ALso if Billy Price is there in the 2nd, he'd be a great choice if you didn't take Nelson in the 1st.

My preference is Edmunds in round 1, and either an Edge/DE or OL in the 2nd.

Edmunds / Price would be fantastic.

So would Edmunds / Miller, Wynn, McGlinchey, Jones, Williams, Rankin, Ragnow, O'Neill, Crosby etc. There will be a bunch of quality OL in the 2nd, and Hiestand should know who the winners are. He'll also give us the best possible intel on Nelson too.

And if there is another true impact defender in the 2nd round, that's cool too.

But my money is on Edmunds and an OL going 1st and second.

We've often disagreed in the past, and have agreed more often than not recently, but we're back to disagreeing.

I'd LOVE Arden Key in the 2nd round. He's probably the best 3-4OLB in the entire draft. I don't really think Edmunds fits at 3-4OLB. Also, Orlando Brown would be a steal in the 2nd. If he's there in the late second, I would want the Bears to trade up for him. Bench press reps be damned. That dude is a massive OT who will start and do well in the NFL.

Since a few things have changed, so have my thoughts.

1. OLB still #1 need

2. G/C became a need after Sitton released. Maybe Kush or Morgan can step in, but unknown if they would upgrade. #2B need

3. ILB-Freeman and Jones are gone, depth for sure needed and possibly upgrade over Kwit. #2A need

4 .  WR-white is on final year and Meredith has yet to sign. Gabriel is not a typical every down WR and may not hold up. I am being skeptical, not optimistic here. Would like a kid with real potential.  #3 need

5. OT- Massie has one year remaining. Time to draft a replacement and give a year to bulk up. #3 need

6. CB- future competition and depth. #4

7. Wildcard=RB- Pace is finding a niche with drafting RBs. Wouldn't surprise me if he takes a flier on another.  *

On 2/1/2018 at 2:33 PM, BearFan NYC said:

Very interesting.

Everything we see is about spread offense and shotgun, keeping Trubisky where he was comfortable in college. RPO and all that.

All smoke for a TE grab? That'd be amazing.

More likely maybe theyre gonna run a mix and have spread formations AND double TE.

Interesting stuff. I hadnt considered that.

Personally, my guess, is it's going to be a WR or a defensive player with a WR in the 2nd round. Id love to see a trade down and grab Ridley or whoever the staff likes at WR.

We can scratch TE off the list, Trey Burton filled that role. 

I don't see Edmunds as an OLB, I see him as an ILB, and an impact player on defense that could make the defense special for years.

His speed and coverage abilities and sure tackling makes him possibly a better Urlacher than Urlacher was.

The problem with identifying a position of need and then discussing who to fill it with is that you neutralize the value of impact players at less traditional positions. Most GMs talk about best player available, even though they do figure positions of need as well. But when you say OLB, you might really mean "impact player on the defensive front 7."

For example if you only identify pass rush as coming from OLB and DE, you'd miss valuing Warren Sapp.

32 minutes ago, jason said:

OK. I'll run this thing like in years past. First, here is what I have compiled for the group:

Ashkum - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OT, Need 3 WR, Need 4 CB (NO RD1 WR)
AZ - Need 1 OLB
Boston -
bowling - Need 1 WR, Need 2 OLB (YES OG Nelson RD1)
lemonej - Need 1 OL, Need 2 CB, Need 3 OLB, Need 4 WR
Lucky - Late RD kicker
madlithuanian - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OT, Need 3 WR, Need 4 CB
Mongo - NYC - Need 1 WR, Need 2 OLB, Need 3 CB, Need 4 OL
Stinger - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OT, Need 3 WR, Need 4 CB
TD -

If FA has changed your opinion, please let me know.

Also, since OLB is a high priority, please indicate if you think Tremaine Edmunds fits as a 3-4 OLB.

I think Tremaine Edmunds fits as a Bears LB.  He'll be playing ILB and I think in time he can mix in some at OLB.  

Needs, (after the draft we need players in these positions who can challenge for playing time if not be a starter in week 1):   OLB, OG/OC 

Depth/future starter needs run across the board as expected for a young team:  OT, CB, ILB, WR, S, DE      Draft the right players early at one of these spots and that group should become a position of strength on the roster.   While I'm less high on him than others, if we put Minkah Fitzpatrick in with our DBs I think our secondary will be very good.   

Go back to the needs list at OG and put QNelson inside with Long and Whitehair and, despite some issues on the edge with the OTs, Trubisky should always have a place to step up.  Not  to mention the running game should be very productive.  I feel the combination of Edmunds/Trevathan/Floyd can become so versatile that it will cause QBs issues figuring out who is doing what in coverage.   That's still true even if Edmunds stays at ILB because he's very good in coverage.  ILBs can defend the run sideline to sideline.   

Our two biggest needs are OG and OLB. We need depth at ILB, CB, WR and OT.

I think we address the first two needs with our first two picks. If a BPA comes in to play we may be drafting Firtzpatrick may come into play which would be fine also as long as we address the other two positions. Another player I think may be in play as BPA is R. Smith/ILB who could also play outside. He is a top 10 talent that will still be on the board. I think they could take him more so that a Davenport that is a developmental player.

Tremaine Edmunds Fits as a Julian Petersen type if you remember the do it all OLB for the 4pers with rush skills, coverage skills and sure handed tackling!

I can see a possibility that he and Carter are the first two picks, with Isaiah Oliver as the second pick as well.

14 minutes ago, lemonej said:

Tremaine Edmunds Fits as a Julian Petersen type if you remember the do it all OLB for the 4pers with rush skills, coverage skills and sure handed tackling!

I can see a possibility that he and Carter are the first two picks, with Isaiah Oliver as the second pick as well.

Yeah, I could see that for sure, but I also think there's a good chance one of the two picks will be on OL too.

I think at least three of our first four picks will go to OL and defensive front 7.

But what do I know about what Fangio thinks about Minkah Fitzpatrick, or what Hiestand thinks about Eric Kush?

Still, I bet we take D front and OL early and often :)

Two Guards I wouldn't mind is Isaiah Wynn Georgia round 2. He played LT and is a little short there for NFL, but would make a great replacement for Sitton at LG.  The other prospect I like is Wyatt Teller G VT, he is a projected 4th or 5th Rd and might take a year to get up to speed.  

I still think Morgan or Kush makes the jump and does well, but if we reach in the draft I like these two behind Nelson.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:27 AM, lemonej said:

This Isaiah Oliver?  He doesn't really like to tackle and his Charmin soft ways will be owned by bigger physical NFL receivers.  I only watched two games and I"d say he's got some good athleticism to run with receivers and he'll have some pass defensed.   He'll be on an NFL roster but I think he'll fit better on a defense that emphasizes zone coverages more than individual matchups.  

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/11/25/isaiah-oliver-vs-usc-2017/

I prefer Carlton Davis who has no issues getting in someone's grill at the LOS and staying there throughout the route.  He can tackle too.  Watch 4 or 5 plays into this game and see him hit Sony Michel, another likely 2nd Rd pick, 1on1 square in the hole and take him down for little gain.  

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/11/25/isaiah-oliver-vs-usc-2017/

Of course this is my personal preference for having defensive players on my roster who play with a physical edge.  I'd even give up a bit of athleticism to have that attitude as long as they show they can play with discipline (i.e. someone like Richard Sherman).  It is also scheme preference too because our CBs on the outside are often asked to match up 1on1 early on the route, and they are key to edge defense in the running game if containment is broken.   Fuller and Amukamara are both under-rated for their run support but they do a good job when the play comes right at them.  

Best case scenario for draft   1) Nelson/OG   2)  L. Carter/OLB

2nd scenario                              1) T. Edmunds   2) B. Price/OC or Daniels/OC

3rd secenario/ trade back        1) Landry           2) Price/OC or Daniels/OC

This is based on the assumption Chubb does  not make it to 8

In the trade back we get an extra 3rd and 4th from AZ

No trades. Do not submit a mock of your own. Just comment about which players you like/dislike, which positions you think are valued/undervalued.

Adam -
Alaska -
Ashkum - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 G/C, Need 3 ILB, Need 4 WR (NO RD1 WR, Likes Isaiah Wynn OG/UGA, Wyatt Teller OG/VT)
AZ54 - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 G/C, Need 3 OT/CB/ILB/WR/S/DE (Likes Carlton Davis CB/AUB)
Bears4Ever -
Boston Boxer -
Bowlingtwig - Need 1 WR, Need 2 OLB (Likes OG Nelson RD1)
Chile - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OL (No worthy OLB at #8)
Chitownhustla -
Connor -
Daventry -
Dawhizz -
DBDB - High on Lorenzo Carter
killakrzydav -
Lemon - Need 1 OL, Need 2 CB, Need 3 OLB, Need 4 WR (High on LBs)
Lucky Luciano - Late RD kicker
MadLithuanian - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OT, Need 3 WR, Need 4 CB
Mongo - BPA with 2 OL + Front 7 D
NYC - Need 1 WR, Need 2 OLB, Need 3 CB, Need 4 OL (Include ILB as potential RD1) / (OL + Front 7) / (No Arden Key until RD3)
Pixote -
scs787 -
Stinger - Need 1 OLB, Need 2 OG, Need 3 ILB/CB/WR/OT

2018 EVERYONE AGREES MOCK - VER 1.0

1. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame - No OLB available worth the spot.
2. Lorenzo Carter, 3-4OLB, UGA - Incredible athlete & Floyd clone.
4. Kevin Toliver II, CB, LSU - Great size for a CB.
4. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, 3-4OLB, Oklahoma - More of a hybrid ILB/OLB.
5. Alex Cappa, OT, Humboldt State - Nastiest tape Mayock's ever seen? Scratches Pace's small school itch.
6. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR, S. Florida - He's 6'4" and ran a 4.37. Worth the risks.
7. Matt Dickerson, 3-4DE, UCLA - Dude had 21 tackles in 1 game. The Bears can use him.